Experienced Developer in requirement gathering/analysis, design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects. Has innate database development and management skills, strong relationship management and people’s skills. Experience in efficiently using standard Business Content, extending and enhancing according to the report requirements. Has the ability to organize and plan own work and get things done. Has demonstrated competencies in analytical thinking, team building, effective communication, and quick in learning new reporting and analytics tools. Good understanding of business environment, excellent communication skill and ability to work proactively in a fast - paced environment.
- Database development, administration and designing data storage systems for companies, test and troubleshoot those systems before they go live.
- Writing applications to interface with SQL Databases.
- Developing technical documentation to serve as for senior members of IT department.
- Creating technical solutions to business needs by translating their requirements and finding innovative resolutions to the brief.
- Hands on the usage of MSQL, Tableau 2019.1, Power Bi, Visual Studio 2017 (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS) in developing database, database administration, reporting and visualization.
Database: SQL Server 2017, SQL Server 2015, SQL Server 2014, SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2008 R2, Microsoft Access, Oracle Database 11g, PostgreSQL 10.10, MySQL 5.6
Data Modeling Tools: Lucid: charts, Draw.io
Business Intelligence Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Power BI, Tableau, Visual Studio, etc
Programming Languages: Python, R, SAS, C#, Java Script, Arduino, T-SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
Big Data tools: Hadoop, Spark
Cloud Services: Microsoft Azure, AWS, Hadoop
Data Analysis Tools: SAS, R, SPSS, SAS Enterprise, etc.
SDLC Methodology: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
Tidal Scheduling & Work Automation: SQL Server job Agent, SSRS Report Subscription, Tableau
Project Management Tools: JIRA
IDE & Text Editor: Spyder, PyCharm, Notepad ++
Confidential, Irving, Texas
- Developing, maintaining and managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards and other BI solutions using mainly Tableau but not limited to it.
- Provides technical support to the Tableau Users and assist them in creating visualization and dashboard to help in decision making
- Performs and documents data analysis, data validation, data mapping/design, by accessing multiple sources, specifically data residing in data warehouses.
- Develops new Tableau visuals for the business and modifying past developed visuals.
- Provides to customers on the use of Tableau & Tableau Server.
- Operates performance tuning by creating additional indexes and partitions to the database and data warehouse.
- Performs troubleshooting for SQL Server objects, ETL and reporting packages, and provides solutions or suggestions to eliminate bugs or to solve issues by analyzing the project and business requirements.
- Development of contact database system for managing relationship (various stakeholders) both internal and external.
- Develops visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop.
- Publishes Workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate teams can view it.
- Connects to data sources, imports data and transforms data for Business Intelligence.
- Implements row level security on data and makes DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Performs data cleansing, data transformation, and data integration from different source types in different task scopes, such as control flows and data flow transformations.
- Identifies key business requirements and addresses them through innovative data-visualization solutions using Tableau.
- Designs visualization (e.g. Line Charts and other Charts), dashboards and stories to inform decision makers on actuals and not misleading them.
- Creates Coded views and stored procedures for reporting tools including Tableau, SSRS, based on the requirements of business, including reports for Suppliers, insurance coverage, etc.
- Researches, prioritizes and follow up on incoming issues and concerns, and compilation of data as required.
- Codes T-SQL query to make fields’ frequency analysis of tables and other ad-hoc tasks with help from CUSOR, Dynamic SQL, system tables and system defined functions and stored procedures etc.
- Creates new SQL Server objects and modifies existing ones, such as stored procedures, views, functions, triggers, and other technologies to solve complex business requirements or to improve their efficiencies.
- Writes SAS programs to generate tables, listings, and figures and analysis datasets.
Environment: SQL Server 2017, Power BI, Visual Studio 2017 (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Tableau 2019.1, T-SQL.
Confidential, Frisco, Texas
ETL Developer/ Data Analyst
- Mapped the data between data source and data warehouse for over 200 different dimensions and facts tables.
- Utilized control flow tasks and data flow transformations to perform data cleansing, data transformation, and data integration from different sources such as Excel, flat files, XML, and OLEDB into the desired destinations.
- Designed packages for both initial load and incremental load & performed data validation, data cleansing in pre-staging phase and data profiling in staging phase. Established over 70 incremental load packages, over 40 full load packages to complete ETL process of Enterprise data warehouse.
- Built relationships with Corporate Trust Bankers, developed rapport in order to acquire up-to-date data.
- Deployed several SSIS packages in project mode and set up relevant environment in SQL Server & developed and modified the existing online applications using Visual Studio.
- Designed and created numerous SSRS reports and packages providing data visualization, such as bar chart, line chart, conditional formatting, with visual appealing and reports interaction.
- Wrote calculated columns, Measure query in power BI desktop to show good data analysis techniques.
- Verified bond repayments in "Conditional Calls, " bond redemptions, mandatory tenders and variable rates to assure real-time data for Bloomberg's client base.
- Worked on all types of transformations that are available in Power BI query editor.
- Created monthly reports based on the requirements and utilized data-driven subscriptions.
- Created mappings using reusable components like worklets, mapplets using other reusable transformations and performed Impact Analysis of the changes done to the existing mappings and provided the feedback.
- Managed and maintained databases containing large quantities of information. This included backing up data and compiling it into statistics that show specifics.
Environment: MSSQL Server, Power BI, Visual Studio (SSIS, SSRS,SSAS), Hadoop, SAS.
Confidential, Atlanta, Georgia
- Gathered business requirements and converted it into SQL stored procedures for database specific projects
- Performed unit test of codes and packages with sample data following specific rules.
- Created stored procedures, user defined functions, temp tables and CTEs to support ETL and reports.
- Implemented error handling on packages by redirecting errors and saved error log in SQL Server tables.
- Operated performance tuning by creating additional indexes and partitions to improve future execution efficiencies.
- Optimized existing queries, stored procedures, views, and other SQL Server objects to make necessary updates to improve efficiencies.
- Extensively worked on creating SSIS packages and have used For each Loop containers, Sequence Container for developing processes and loaded data using different transformations such as Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Merge Join and Union all.
- Created various SSRS reports, such as drill down reports, drill through reports, cascading reports, sub-reports, linked reports, using line chart, bar chart, pie chart, etc.
- Created, developed, and tested stored procedures, and user-defined functions that are utilized in SQL Server, ETL and Reporting packages to meet complicated business rules.
- Created SSIS package to extract, validate and load data into Data warehouse.
- Maintained the existing ETL (SSIS Packages and Store Procedures) accordingly to populate the new Metrics and Developed a new SCD.
- Implemented stored procedures to establish and filter datasets in reporting packages, and to perform various tasks in ETL process.
- Utilized control flow tasks and data flow transformations to perform ETL process on different scopes to deal with different types of sources and destinations.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, Visual Studio (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), Hadoop, Tableau.