- Accomplished SQL Server Developer troubleshooting and resolving issues by debugging programs and managing databases. Increased proficiencies through ETL. Offering expertise in SSIS and SSRS.
- 3+ years of IT experience in database design, data modeling, database development, testing, implementation and maintenance using SQL server 2005/2008/2008 R 2/2012/2014/2016.
- Proficient experience in SQL Server and T - SQL in designing and creating tables, views, Stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions, indexes, data dictionaries, and data integrity constraints.
- Excellent experience in SSIS, SSAS and SSRS of MS SQL Server.
- Extensive experience in data migration and conversion between homogenous and heterogeneous systems using tools like SSIS, DTS, BCP Bulk Insert.
- In depth knowledge of T-SQL, Databases, Tables, Stored Procedures, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, Cursors and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) between Homogenous and Heterogeneous System using SQL tools (SSIS, DTS, Bulk Insert, and XML).
- Expertise in working on all activities related to the development, implementation, administration and support of ETL processes for large-scale Data Warehouses using Bulk Copy Process (BCP), Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Experience in Extraction, Transformation, Loading (ETL) data from various sources into Data Warehouses and Data Marts using SSIS and Informatica Power Center (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manger) with Strong understanding of OLAP and OLTP Concepts.
- Expert in designing complex reports writing Cascading parameters, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports, Crystal reports and Report Models and ad-hoc reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) based on client requirement.
- Have basic knowledge on Informatica Power Center Transformations such as Source Qualifier, Lookup, Filter, Expression, Router, Normalizer, Joiner, Update Strategy, Rank, Aggregator, Stored Procedure, Sorter, Sequence Generator and XML Source Qualifier.
Databases Tools: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL server data tools (SSDT), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Profiler, SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS)
ETL Tools: Data Transformation Services (DTS) - Export/Import, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), Visual Studio 2010,2014
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (2005/2008 R2,2012,2014), Tableau, MS Excel
Database: MS SQL Server 2016/ 2014/2012/2008/2005 , MS Access
Modeling Tools: Microsoft Visio, SQL Diagrams, ERWIN 4.1
Programming: T-SQL, PL/SQL, VB.Net, XML, HTML, C#, C, C++
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML, XSL, Java Script (Validation), CSS, PERL
Operating Systems: Windows 2012/2008 R2/2003/2000 Server (64/32 Bit), Windows 2000 Professional, Windows NT 4.0/3.5. Unix, Linux
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Power Point, MS Visio), OLAP & OLTP, ERWIN, TriZetto Facet, Citrix, Diagnostic Manager, IBM WebSphere, Service Now, Ultra Edit, One Note, MS Outlook, SOAP UI.
SQL Server Developer
Confidential, Richmond, Virginia
- Designed and developed specific databases and analytical data structure.
- Maintained existing applications, and designed and delivered new applications.
- Designed, developed and implemented DDL scripts to create database schemas, tables and views on SQL server 2008/2012/2014/2016.
- Created SQL server Reports using SSRS for different users based on requirement for customized and ad-hoc Queries.
- Involved in Designing and deploying cubes in SSAS environment and writing MDX queries to retrieve data from the cubes.
- Designed SSIS Packages in SSDT and BIDS to extract data from various data sources such as MS Access, Excel and flat files into SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016.
- Converted Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages to SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) packages as assigned.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes and DML scripts to implement business requirements.
- Created and modified tables, index (cluster/non cluster) and views.
- Involved in migrating databases from SQL server 2008 to SQL server 2012/2014.
- Developed next generation integration platform for internal applications.
- Collaborated with developers and Performance engineers to enhance supportability and identity performance bottlenecks.
- Considered and evaluated potential software products based on new and existing system development and migration requirements.
- Worked closely with clients to establish specifications and system designs.
Junior SQL Server Developer
- Used SQL Server Agent to automate the SSIS 2008 package execution.
- Developed stored procedures to transform the data from enterprise data warehouse to SQL server and load data to fact tables.
- Transferred data from various sources like MS Excel, MS Access, and SQL Server using SSIS 2005/2008 and then created reports using this data using SSRS.
- Configured and maintained Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, CSV, Flat Files etc.) and loaded the data into target data destination by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Identified and added the report parameters and created the reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2008.
- Tested and managed the SSIS 2005 and SSIS 2008 packages and was responsible for its security.
- Scheduled and monitored all maintenance activities of SQL Server 2005 including database consistency checks and index defragmentation.
- Gathered and defined customer requirements to develop clear specifications for creating well-organized project plans.
- Developed Tabular Reports, Sub Reports, Matrix Reports, drill down Reports and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task.