- 6+ years of experience in IT Industry. Expertise in the field of Business Intelligence (BI) Analytics, Reporting & Dashboard development using Tableau & Alteryx.
- Experience in gathering Business requirements, Analysis, Design, Implementation and documentation of various functionalities of Data marts and Business Intelligence.
- Hands on experience in following the SDLC methodologies like Waterfall model and Agile model.
- Experienced in designing customized interactive dashboards in Tableau using Marks, Action, filters, parameters, calculations and relationships.
- Skilled in Tableau Desktop for Data visualization, Reporting and Analysis; experienced in creating different visualization like Cross Map, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Gantt charts and Bar Charts, Page Trails and Density Chart.
- Worked extensively on joining tables, multiple data connections using data blending concept, worked on Data Extracts and managing queries.
- Worked on Tableau administration tasks such as publishing workbooks, setting permissions, managing ownerships, working with Sites, providing access to the users and adding them to the specific groups and Projects, Scheduling Refreshes and Subscriptions in Tableau Server.
- Experience in using the Data Integration tools like Alteryx, and Informatica Power Center.
- Used Alteryx process to Extract, Transform and load the data into stage area and warehouse.
- Hands on experience in using the Alteryx for data cleansing and standardization.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL Queries involving various tables using SQL joins and writing Sub Queries. Experienced in writing complex - SQL Stored Procedures and constructing Tables, Triggers, user functions, Views, Indexes, Relational data models and data integrity.
- Expert in writing SQL Queries, Dynamic-queries, sub-queries and complex joins for generating
- Established Best Practices for Enterprise Tableau Environment and application intake and Development processes.
- Having experience on various data analyzation techniques, reports efforts estimation, Reports development planning.
- Proficient in preparing Presentations, Graphs, Pivot Tables using Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Hand on experience in writing macros via using VB for data extracts and combining different files into a single source via utilizing the EXCEL.
- Outstanding Data analysis skills including Data mapping from source to target database schemas, Data Cleansing and processing, writing data extract scripts/programming of data conversion and researching complex data problems.
- Expertise in the concepts of Data Warehousing, Data Marts, ER Modeling, Dimensional Modeling, Fact and Dimensional Tables
- Proficient Star Schema dimensional modeling, which includes understanding business processes, modeling dimensions, hierarchies and facts.
- Good independent/team working skills and experiences, excellent communication skills and Self-motivated team player with strong problem-solving skills and thirst to learn the advanced concepts within the field of interest.
Tools: Tableau Desktop 9.x, 10.x,Tableau Server, Tableau Online, Tableau Reader, Tableau Public, Alteryx
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i,12c
Languages: C, SQL, HTML, PL/SQL
SQL Developer: TOAD, SQL Serve
Applications: MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Visio, MS Power point, MS Project Plan
Ticketing Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally.
Software and OS: Windows, Linux and Unix
Senior Tableau Developer
Confidential, Dorchester, MA
- Created Relationships, actions, data blending, filters, parameters, hierarchies, Level-of-Detail (LOD), calculated fields, sorting, groupings, live connections, and in-memory in both tableau 10.4 and excel.
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau online.
- Trend Lines, Statistics, and Log Axes. Groups, hierarchies, sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI's
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.
- Created views using various axes like Individual Axes, Dual Axes.
- Created Data extracts for better performance and accessing data offline.
- Used parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implemented Data blending with multiple data sources on a single worksheet for data analysis.
- Tested Dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.
- Cleared errors according to business requirements excel sheet and helped to create Documentation for the dashboards.
- Used R and exported data via a supported data source and then visualized that data in Tableau.
- Used R functions as Table calculations (aggregated) like Sum, MIN, MAX etc. in Tableau.
- Lead the design and development of analytical projects designed to understand key business behaviors that drive customer acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Hands on experience in writing the complex queries, to increase the performance for retrieving and refreshing the Visual dashboards.
- Work with customers in gathering business requirements for data cleansing and performed data cleansing and data scrubbing.
- Expert in using the Alteryx for Data Cleansing and standardization, as most of the times the data is coming in the form of Flat files.
- Extensively used the macros in Alteryx for automating the repeated workflows.
- Experience in using the Alteryx for preforming the ETL operations for data modeling and integrate with Tableau for creating the best Visual dashboard.
- Hands on experience in defining the relationships between the entities by using the ERWIN Data modeler
- Having a good exposure on how to load the OLAP data into the Tableau server and generate the reports as per the business requirements.
- Experience in following the Data Modeling practices to drive our Key Business decisions.
- Hands on experience in using the transformations like, Auto field, Data Cleansing, filters, Input/output, Multi-field Binning, imputation, and Join operation.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 10.x, Tableau Server, Metadata, SQL 2012, Oracle 10g/11g, Windows 7, Macros, Alteryx, Erwin Data modeler, UNIX.
- Gather and analyze the business requirements and then translate them to technical specifications.
- Data feeds are coming from vElite server from all Jenkins builds and deployments through RabbitMQ. They are auto-inserted into MySQL DB on the backend.
- All applications are mapped into a specific list of customized pre-defined codes through a mapping data source.
- Working extensively using Excel to validate the data and use as the source data files.
- Analyzing the data using Statistical features in Tableau to develop trend analysis.
- Provided mock up visuals to speed up requirements visualization.
- Experience in following the Data Modeling practices to drive your Key Business decisions.
- Hands-on development in creating and modifying worksheets and data visualization Dashboards.
- Created Level of detail expressions (LOD Expressions) data source columns are computed for each row in the underlying table.
- Applied action filters specific sheets in the dashboard and cross dashboard.
- Experience Dual Axes and show the graph in new visualization.
- Experience in data blending with multiple data sources also using new features multi data source.
- Experience in table calculations like windows max and percentage of total.
- Created data source level filters, context filters and cascading filter to improve performance and user flexibility.
- Developed Tabular, drill down, parameterized, cascaded and sub-reporting
- Designed and Optimized Connections Live, Data Extracts, Schedules for Background Tasks and Data Refreshes for corporate Tableau Server.
- Performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within Tableau Server.
- Interacted with the users and troubleshooting the problems involved with the reports, dashboards and problems related to the privileges.
- Scheduled frequency and time to refresh data for the when sources are publishes or extracted to server.
- Testing dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirement if any changes in underlying data.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 9, Tableau server, SQL Server, Oracle and Hive, Windows 2007, MS-Access and MS Excel
- Upgraded the existing Siebel Analytics Application on 7.8.4 to Oracle Business Intelligence 10.1.3.2
- Migrated the existing Web Catalog using SAW Migrate utility.
- Built the Physical Layer /Business Model and Mapping Layer/ Presentation Layer of a Repository by using Star Schemas.
- Added Aggregate measures using Aggregate Persistence Wizard.
- Configured Business Intelligence Delivers
- Created Time Series Measures Year ago, Month Ago, Year-to-date measures using AGO and To Date functions.
- Designed and implemented the single sing on (SSO) functionality.
- Involved in setting up Clustering of Oracle BI servers for Load Balancing.
- Developed automation tool to seed and purge the cache in Admin tool.
- Migrated the Repository from Development to Production using UDML Utilities.
- Designed Interactive Dashboards and created dashboard prompts.
- Involved in configuring sources, targets, tasks and execution plans using DAC.
- Have developed requests/custom reports using Siebel Answers based on Sales and Promotion subject areas to analyze and understand the Sales Opportunities and Promotion details by Brands/Promotions, Forecast to Estimated spending.
- Involved in development of reports like campaign budget break even (CBAB) and campaign management reports
- Involved in Query Tuning to maximize the performance of reports and Dashboards.
- Used Informatica to extract the data from Siebel CRM, transform and load to warehouse.
- Acted as a single point of contact for the Global data mart for coordinating the development across the platform. Responsible for onsite- offshore co-ordination.
Environment: Oracle Business Intelligence 10.1.3.2, Informatica Power center 7.1.2/8.1, Oracle 10g.