- Worked on Microsoft SQL Server 2012, 2014, and 2016. Experience and understanding of SQL Server clustering, Availability Group, partitioning and mirroring
- Implemented data security and hardening (groups, roles, privileges, authentication, TDE and auditing)
- Deploy database change scripts provided by internal development staff and executing SQL Queries and stored procedures. Interpreted, tested, executed developer code in multiple environments. Communicated errors in code and corrected as directed.
- Installed/configured Always On dual instances in SQL Server 2016 including migration of DB w/components for test & production environment. Installed standalone dual named instances in SQL Server 2014 including creating DBs, Users, etc
- Managed defined SQL OS drive folders. Exposure to STIGing and hardening SQL databases
- Develop, implement and maintain in - house documentation for processes, including database feature such for common problem resolution and help ticket fixes
- Provided database monitoring, space management, and support
- Responded to database related alerts and production problem issues
- Indexing Log files and DBs. Deployment of application patches/releases
- Manage Application and User Accounts logins and security
- Fulfill requests and resolve incidents through Remedy ticketing system
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Granted Interim Security Clearance, use Remedy Ticketing System, NMCI
Confidential, Memphis, TN
IT Database Advisor
- Perform Life Cycle Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Debugging of user defined tasks/projects utilizing using Microsoft SQL Server’s SSIS, SSMS and SSRS. Version 2008, 2010, 2016.
- Manage data, security, groups, users on 6 test and 1 production PowerSchool Hosted Oracle instances. Manage data, security, groups, users on 5 production SQL Server instances.
- Monitor, Schedule and coordinate backups in SQL and Oracle environments. Schedule then test PowerSchool State and application releases of production images to development non-production, then distribute request to PowerSchool division EMS/TSG to load to balance non-production and request update to PowerSchool Host to update production.
- Test SQL packages, correct errors and make necessary modifications. Support team Application Development and others recommending SQL best practices.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations with such departments as Health Services, Students Information Services, Student Information Management, PS Registration, Seeding Success, Early Childhood, Canvas, Blended Learning, PowerSchool.
- Designed and deployed a new process to use unique identifier from application PowerSchool to SCS AZURE for AD Integration. This process allows up to 14,000 employees to access new Student services system.
- Provided developer, advisor and administration expertise to the migration of PowerSchool SMS to PowerSchool. Providing training on data tables, structure and how to access and extract data.
- Performed data dumps and data pumps to different server on Oracle PowerSchool boxes.
- SQL Server 2008/2012, Visual Studio 2008/2013/2016 , Brackets, Notepad++, Oracle SQL Developer, FileZilla …
- Designed, wrote and Implemented front-end process to use SSO for Active Directory. This process extracts from Oracle using PL/SQL and ETL into SQL Server for AD user authentication.
- Served as knowledge source to current data. Set accounts, managed data extractions and ETL into Oracle application PowerSchool. Redesign processes to enhance and support conversion.
- Testing imports and flat files in PowerSchool test and production environment.
- Worked with team to migrate all student data.
- Designed and implemented process to pass all student related health information from old system, SCS Registration and SCS Health Services departments to vendor CareDox.
- Created school and student automated processes/reports out of CareDox and Powerschool. Worked with users and vendors with data issues.
- SQL 2008 to SQL 2016 - working with sys admin to migrate all relevant data and code. Moving from OS 2008R2 to Windows 2012. Must convert SSIS packages.
- Worked with sys admin to disable and retire old Student Information System. Consolidate Servers.
- Aided in design and building new robust SQL Reporting Server.