- A skilled I.T. Professional with 7+ years' experience in Data Analysis, Data Modelling, Data Mining, Dashboard development and Testing.
- Worked extensively with Dimensional Modeling, Data Migration, Data Transformation, Metadata, and Data dictionary, Data Loading, Modeling and Performance Tuning.
- Experienced in design and development of Tableau reports and dashboards to help management identify critical KPI's and facilitate strategic planning in the organization.
- Skilled in data visualization and creation of interactive dashboards and reports in Tableau, R, RShiny and ggplot.
- Knowledgeable in creating reports from different data sources in Tableau and R using data blending such as Google Analytics, SQL Databases, Splunk, Salesforce etc.
- Advanced SQL Skills in MySQL, SQL Server and Hive.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries and scripts and data import/export in SQL.
- Proficient in T - SQL and Microsoft SQL Server for developing complex stored procedures, triggers, table views, user defined functions, relational database models and performing SQL joins.
- Expertise in handling large volumes of big data for analytics in Python and Tableau.
- Experience with creating reports using Business Objects.
- In depth knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC), Waterfall, Iterative and Incremental, RUP, evolutionary prototyping and Agile/Scrum methodologies, as well as data warehouse concepts such as OLTP, OLAP, ETL, Star and Snowflake Schema, data mapping, facts, and dimensions.
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft BI toolset including Excel, Power BI, SQL Server Analysis Services, Visio, Access.
- Strong knowledge of database management in writing SQL queries using complex joins, grouping, aggregation, nested sub queries, and resolving key performance issues.
- Strong experience and knowledge in statistical data analysis, predictive modelling and machine learning.
- Strong knowledge and expertise with machine learning algorithms for regression, classification and clustering.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Expertise in working with VLOOKUP's, Pivot Tables, Macros and VBA's in Excel.
- Skilled with large ETL mappings, analysis and documentation of OLAP reports.
- Created multiple table views and reports generated through Power BI and Tableau for business analysis
- Experience with data modeling and design of both OLTP and OLAP systems and proficient in developing Entity-Relationship diagrams, Star/Snow Flake schema designs and expert in modeling transactional databases and data warehouse.
- Experience in DBMS/RDBMS implementation using object-oriented concept and database toolkit.
- Experience working with Microsoft Server tools like SSAS, SSIS and in generating on-demand scheduled reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Strong fundamentals in AWS Cloud services S3, RedShift, EC2, Dynamo DB and Beanstalk.
- Excellent knowledge in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedure, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, effective functions, Cursors and Indexes.
Databases & OS: Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 , Teradata V2R6, DB2 UDB 8.0, Sybase, MS Access, UNIX, Windows XP/NT
Business Areas: Financial/Finance, Mortgage, Sales & Marketing
Tools: ERWIN 4.0/7.0, ER/STUDIO 7.x, PL/SQL, INFORMATICA Power Center 8.x/7.x, Ab Initio, Power Designer, BUSINESS OBJECTS XI, Toad, SQL*Loader, MS DTS, T-SQL, SQL*Plus, ER Studio, Oracle Designer, Sharepoint, SSRS, Teradata Fast Load, Multi Load, Tpump, HANA, SPLUNK, SSIS, NoSQL - MongoDB, Tableau, SAS, Python
System Aspects: Data Modeling (ER & Dimensional), Database Design, Requirement Analysis, ETL Design, Object Oriented Design, Development, Testing, Data Mapping, Metadata Management, Master Data Management, Data Profiling, Deployment, Documentation, Project Management.
Languages: PL/SQL, Pro*C/C++, Perl, PHP, HTML, Java Script, JSP, VB
Confidential - Des Moines, IA
- Data Modeling-Conceptual, logical and physical Modeling for OLAP systems.
- Reviewed data and classified the tables/measures functions by using multiple queries, views and procedures.
- Designed database schema contains over 30 tables such as users, groups, threads and post.
- Established the connection between legacy system and discuss forum software using MySQL and SQL Server.
- Converting data into actionable insights by predicting and modeling future outcomes.
- Utilized MS SQL, data warehousing programs, tableau, and other dashboard/visualization toolsets for data intelligence and analysis.
- Business Rules implementation in the Database using Constraints & Triggers.
- Dimensional Data Modeling to deliver Multi-Dimensional STAR schemas.
- Requirements & Business Process Analysis; Rapid Audit of the requirements and existing systems.
- Design & Implementation of Data Mart; DBA coordination; DDL & DML Generation & usage.
- Migrated data from legacy system to discuss through SQL Server and completed 99% records.
- Metadata & Data Dictionary Management; Data Profiling; Data Mapping.
- Applied Data Governance rules (Class word, Abbreviations, Data Domains, Data Definitions, and Metadata Information.
- Involved in capturing data lineage, table and column data definitions, valid values, and others necessary information in the data models.
- Performance Tuning (Database Tuning, SQL Tuning, Application/ETL Tuning).
- Maintained and documented all create and alter SQL statements for all release.
- Designing Data Flows & System Interfaces.
- Used Informatica Power Center for (ETL) extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems into target database.
- Created mappings using Designer and extracted data from various sources, transformed data according to the requirement.
- Involved in extracting the data from the Flat Files and Relational databases into staging area.
- Mappings, Sessions, Workflows from Development to Test and then to UAT environment.
- Developed Informatica Mappings and Reusable Transformations to facilitate timely Loading of Data of a star schema.
- Created specific indexes to speed up the data load and the data retrieval.
Environment: Informatica 8.1.1 Power Center, Teradata V2R6, SQL, Sybase Power Designer 12.5/ 15, Business Objects, Ab Initio, MS office, MS Access.
Confidential - Dallas, TX
- Responsible for gathering business requirements and creating technical specification documentation.
- Responsible for collaborating with Subject Matter Experts to understand nature of source data and document the business requirements.
- Extract data to perform data analysis to understand the source data and business needs.
- Responsible for creating data models from existing databases and for new databases based on business requirements.
- Designed Logical and Physical Data Models based on requirements using Erwin. Enhanced existing data models by extracting ddl using SQL Developer and Toad Data Point.
- Implemented Confidential &T modeling standards while enhancing existing data models and designing new data models.
- Developed, Implemented & Maintained the Logical & Physical Data models.
- Attend the scrum status reports on daily basis as part of agile methodologies.
- Reviewed the data models within the team and Publish the models into Subversion repository on weekly basis.
- Experience in creation, maintenance of Data Warehouse and repositories containing Metadata.
- Applied Data Governance rules (Class word, Abbreviations, Data Domains, Data Definitions, Metadata Information).
- Responsible for building the meta data by defining the attributes and entities.
- Involved in capturing data lineage, table, column data definitions and others necessary information in data models.
- Redefined many attributes and relationships in the reverse engineered model and cleansed unwanted tables/ columns as part of data analysis responsibilities.
- Created documentation for all the objects in the data models.
- Worked with developers, Business analysts, reporting team and conducted design review sessions.
- Responsible for generating DDL, DML scripts and rigorous testing before delivering the scripts to DBA.
- Collaborate with Developers and DBA's to deploy the DML scripts into the DEV, UAT and PROD databases.
- Collaborate with Testers for ensuring the accurate data flow that generates the required reports.
- Collaborate with the business to ensure that the generated reports met the business requirements.
Environment : Oracle 11g, CA Erwin r9.64, Oracle SQL Developer 1.5, Toad Data Point v4.1, MS Office, Subversion.
- Created logical, physical and dimension models.
- Optimize and update logical and physical data models to support new and existing data models
- Recommend opportunities for reuse of data models in new environments
- Perform reverse engineering of physical data models from databases and SQL scripts. \
- Validate business data objects for accuracy and completeness
- Created entity diagrams and relationship diagrams and modelled cascade to maintain referential integrity.
- Added database objects (like indexes, partitions in oracle database) for performance.
- Created and reviewed the conceptual model for the EDW with business users.
- Added database objects (like indexes, partitions in oracle database) for performance.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis and developed use cases and Workflow Diagrams.
- Documented and delivered functional specification document to the project team.
- Analyzed existing logical data model (LDM) and made appropriate changes to make it compatible with business requirements.
- Resolved the data type inconsistencies between the source systems and the target system using the mapping documents and analyzing the database using SQL queries
Environment: ERWIN r8.2, SQL, SQL Server 2000/2005, Rational Rose, Windows XP, Oracle 8i, Windows XP/NT/2000