- 8 years of extensive experience in IT as BI Developer with Tableau,ETL and SQL.
- Around 5+years of experience in Tableau Development and 1+ year of experience in SQL and 1+ year of experience in ETL
- Experience in Tableau 2018.3,2018.2,2018.1, 10.5/10.4/10.3 / 10.2/10.1/10.0/9.3/9.2/9.1/8.0/7.0 as a BI Developer, Analyst and Admin.
- In - depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau Online and designed several business dashboards.
- Expertise in Installation, configuration, upgrading and administration of Tableau Desktop/Server.
- Proficient in data visualization, Reporting, Analysis, Bar Charts, Pie Charts, Heat Maps, Scatter Plots, Page Trails, Geographic Map and Density Charts in Tableau Desktop.
- Created actions, customized relationships, data blending, filters, calculated fields, parameters, hierarchies, groupings, sorting, live and extract connections, drill down analysis and in-memory in tableau.
- Performed extensively with Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Advance analysis Actions and Maps.
- Published Tableau dashboard on Tableau Server and embedded them into portal.
- Used parameters, action filters and sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Worked on the improvement of dashboard reports by creating KPI (key performance indicators) for the top administration.
- Expertise in configuration of Tableau server 10.0/9.2 in various environments and Used Tableau admin tools and Tableau CMD to configure the server following best practices and setting up security profiles for various User groups and Users.
- Worked on configuring various data sources using Data Blending.
- Experience with Tableau maintenance tools and Tableau server monitor to start/stop services and maintain statuses.
- Good knowledge of Hadoop big data ecosystems, Hive and technology stack
- Worked on setting permissions on content for specific users or group on a per site basis.
- Combined multiple data sources using blending in Tableau to keep track of sensor data, operator inputs, and real-time systems all in one dashboard.
- Used Tableau’s flexibility to build a tabbed application with wide range of options like quick filters, calculated fields, dynamic interaction, flexible ad-hoc capability in various functional areas like finance, sales, marketing and HR.
- Experience in publishing and sharing workbooks, data sources with user filter to tableau server, setting schedules, subscriptions, authorization and permissions, incremental refresh extracts and updating serverdata that are using extracts.
- Experience in working on different data warehousing methodologies including star schema and snowflake schema, ETL processes, dimensional modeling, reporting tools.
- Experience in using Custom SQL for tableau and in writing queries for generating tabular reports, formatting report layout and expressions.
- Involved in complete Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) by identifying the business requirements and converting them to tableau design.
- Experience in interacting with end users to gather requirements for reporting.
- End to end involvement in designing, testing, deploying and support of data visualizations using Tableau Desktop.
Sr. Tableau Developer/Admin
- Understanding Dashboard requirement after going through report functional specification. How data flows in the existing system and the environment where data is situated .Layout and blueprint/mock-ups of dashboards. The scope of the dashboard and value added to the business.
- Cross Tab Tableau Reportsdevelopment and Data Validation.
- Writing custom SQL, Joins and relations between heterogeneous or homogeneous data sources.
- Worked on report automation and reconciliation through tableau dashboard.
- Design and develop Tableau Visualization solutions.
- Support adhoc data analysis from business owner and support management team.
- Perform Basic statistical analysis. Create and present quality dashboards.
- Identify opportunities to automate manual data pulls.
- Administer User, User Groups and schedule extracts for report in tableau.
- Worked extensively with advance analysis, actions, calculations, background images, parameter, map, trend and table calculations.
- Provided production support to tableau users and wrote custom SQL to support business requirement.
- Involved in creating dual axis bar chart with multiple measures.
- Used HDFS Hadoop Distributed File System and PIG, HIVEwhich isQuery based processing of data services as per requirement
- Implemented Hadoop ecosystem data pipeline to identify user behavioral patterns, improving UX
- Regular tune performance of Hive and pig queries to improve data processing and retrieving
- Created different KPI using calculated key figures and parameters.
- Developed donut charts and implemented complex features in charts like creating bar charts in tooltip.
- Developed Tableau data visualization using Cross tabs, Heat maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter Plots, Geographic Map, Pie Charts and Bar Charts.
- Hands on building Groups, hierarchies, Sets to create detail level summary reports and Dashboard using KPI's.
- Connecting databases and building dimension models.
- Development of sheets & dashboards. Publishing them to server.
- Formatting with Look and feel and appropriate filters, parameters on reports/dashboards etc.
- Configure scheduling and refresh.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 2018.3,Tableau Server 2018.3, SSRS, Microsoft Excel 2010, MS Access, Microsoft office 2010
Confidential, Austin, Texas
Senior Tableau Developer/Admin
- Involved in creation/review of functional requirement specifications and supporting documents for business systems, experience in database design process and data modeling process.
- Deep involvement with the design and advancement of Tableau visualization solutions.
- Understanding of Tableau features like calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, row-level security, joins, data blending, and dashboard actions.
- Developing worksheets with different styles like bar, pie, tree map, dual axis, field maps
- Created Scatter Plots, Stacked Bars, Box and Whisker plots using reference, Bullet charts, Heat Maps, Filled Maps and Symbol Maps according to deliverable specifications.
- Handled issues related to Script Loading.
- Preparing Dashboards using calculations, parameters in Tableau and Developing Tableau reports that provide clear visualizations of various industry-specific KPIs
- Expert level capability in Tableau calculations and applying complex, compound calculations to large, complex data sets.
- Develop, organize, manage and maintain graph, table, slide and document templates that will allow for efficient creation of reports.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and the appropriate permission sets for Tableau server logons.
- Used data base filters and context filters.
- Migrated existing reports from share-point/excel to Tableau Server by recreating them in batches.
- Created extensive documentation on the design, development, implementation, daily loads and process flow of the mappings and provided Knowledge Transfer to the end users.
- Involved in installation and upgrade of Tableau Server and Server performance tuning for Optimization.
- Interacted with business analyst to gather ad hoc business requirements and designed functional and technical requirements documentation.
Environment: Tableau 9.x, Tableau Server 9.x, SQL Server, WinSQL, Microsoft Excel, Windows 7/10.