- Over 12 (Twelve) plus years of extensive hands on experience of S QL Server DBA with detail oriented, analytical and troubleshooting experience in multiple systems using MS SQL. Depth knowledge in data modelling, server configuration, tuning and providing 24x7 dedicated support to all Production, development and clustered servers. Seeking challenging career as a SQL Server DBA.
- Experienced in installing, configuring and migration of SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2019
- Hands on experience in SQL Server 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017 and 2019 on On - premise, VM and Cloud platform
- Good knowledge of capacity planning and architecture design for database server deployment, creating databases, migrating database objects from non-production to production environment in On-Premise, VM and Cloud
- Extensive experience in fine tuning of long running queries, developing and managing reports using SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong knowledge in using database third party tools (SpotLite, RedGate, SQLDoctor, ERWin, SentryOne, SCOM, Foglight, OEM 13c, SSMA, DMA, DME and Data WatchDog)
- Strong working experience with SQL Server Database High availability using Failover Clustering, Replication, Database Mirroring and Log shipping and specialty in Configure and Manage Failover Clustering and AlwaysOn High Availability.
- Experience in writing SQL/T-SQL Programming, implementing and apply the T-SQL code, stored procedures, Views, Triggers and Functions.
- Hands on experience on Automation with PS and CMD.
- Hands on experience in Ticketing System of ITREMEDY and SPICEWORKS.
- Install, Configure and Troubleshoot OEM 13c and RedGate third party tools for Windows and SQL Server Monitoring
- Work for Team Foundation Server (TFS) and remediate ALM defects in sql server 2016 and avobve.
Database Migration: SQL Server 2016, 2014/2012/2008 R2
ETL/BIDS Tools: SSIS and SSAS/DTS with using BIDS/Data Tools
Reporting Services: SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) with BIDS/Data Tools
Operating System: Windows Server 2016, 2012R2/2008R2, VMware, SCOM, SSCM
Hardware/Storage: RAID, SAN and NAS and Troubleshooting any Hardware and Software related Issues
Performance Tuning: Performance Tuning with native tool and third-party tools also.
DR/HA Solutions: Configuration, Management, Troubleshooting, Administer Replication, Mirroring, Log Shipping, Clustering and Always-On-Availability
Database Development: T-SQL programming, Windows PowerShell and SQLCMD
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Migrate about 150 SQL instances (about 3500 Databases) many of them about 5 TB size from SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 to SQL Server 2016, 2017 and 2019 in Cloud and VM platform with using SSMA - Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA); DMA - Data Migration Assistant (DMA); The Data Movement Enactor (DME) as project lead.
- Supporting SQL Server 2008R, 2012, 2016 and 2017 with AWS and VMware.
- Working on a Project of OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager) Third Party Tools for Windows and SQL server.
- Working of RedGate Third Part Tools for SQL Server Monitoring
- Database Installation, Configuration, Upgrading SQL Server 2012 and 2016, setup Cluster and AG group.
- Working for OIS Scanning. This is a New Feature in SQL Server 2014 to find out the root cause of failure activity in SQL Server.
- Database Migration from 2008R2 and 2012 to SQL Server 2016.
- Support 24/7 On Call duties.
- Work Remedy Tickets Resolution (IT Remedy ITSM - Create CRQ, Incident, WorkOrder, CRM etc. ticket and work with those ticketing System.
- Database Performance tuning and optimization
- OnCall Support and Daily DBA activities
- Work on Front Door Task Projects
- Work on JIRA, SonarQube and Confluence
- Work on SERF (Storage Expansion of Request Form), ROM estimation (A Rough Order of Magnitude Estimate, QEDS (Detailed Questionnaire of a Project) and Build Sheet of a Server for new projects
- Build-up job automation with PowerShell Scripts
SQL Server Database Administrator
- Supporting SQL Server, Oracle, Mysql, Sybase ASE databases and CouchDB .
- I have migrated and supporting about 200 VMs and 20 Microsoft Azure and 10 Amazon Web Services (AWS) Server.
- Completed two projects for apply service packs to more than 200 Servers as a project manager.
- Completed one project for DR solution for 10 Servers and successfully completed the testing as a team member.
- Now working on a migration project for upgrading 50 servers from 2000, 2005, 2008, 2008R2, 2012 to 2014 and 2016.
- Database Installation, Configuration, Upgrading SQL Server 2012 and 2014 including cloud Azure environment.
- I have completed a project for 50 SQL Server Database Migration from Local to AWS environment.
- Install/upgrade/configure MSSQL 2014, 2016 and SQL Server 2017
- Setup, Configured and Maintained MSSQL Always-On Availability Groups in SQL 2014/2016/2017
- Database Backup and Restore
- Security management of MySQL, Oracle and COCHDB server
- Deploy Databases, Stored Procedures, Function, Triggers, Indexes by using RMR and work with dev and QC team.
- Perform On calls Duties and resolved the issues.
- Monitor and resolve the issues of SSRS and SSIS services
- Deploy the SSIS, SSDT packages to the QC and Production Servers and resolve the issues.
- Install, Configure and Implement Foglight third Party tool for SQL Server Monitoring