- I am a Microsoft certified SQL Server DBA with extensive experience in Database Administration. I have Strong knowledge of Design, Development, and Support of MS SQL Server 2017/ 2016/ 2014/2012/2008 R2 and 2008 in Production, UAT and Development Environments. I have strong expertise in troubleshooting, designing databases, disaster recovery, HA solutions, developing reports and SSIS packages, upgrade/migration, Encryption/decryption, proactive monitoring, performance tuning, T - SQL queries and handling complex production issues. I enjoy the challenge of the pursuit of knowledge to strengthen my skill set and grow within the opportunity.
- Working experience in Database Administration and Development of very large and complex databases in SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014, 2012, 2008 R2 and 2008
- In-depth understanding of the SQL Server Query and Relational Engine components and internal processes.
- Extensive experience and understanding on how to identify, research and develop solutions to database performance issues correctly and in a timely manner
- Expertise in Database Administration on Production Servers with server configuration, Performance tuning and maintenance with outstanding troubleshooting capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL Server indexes associated issues and how to troubleshoot those issues by using execution plans, Profiler Traces, Statistics, DMV's and other third-party tools
- Monitored data activities such as database status, logs, space utilization, extents, Checkpoints, locks and long transactions
- Extensive experience in using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler, SSMS, System Monitor, Extended Events and other third-party tools to identify long running queries, blocking, deadlocks and other performance bottlenecks.
- Excellent knowledge on automating administrative tasks with a well-thought-out maintenance plan including backing up a database, checking database integrity, executing SQL Server agent jobs, cleaning up SQL Server agent history, cleaning up maintenance files, rebuilding indexes, reorganizing indexes, updating object statistics
- Migrated on SQL Server 2008 to 2012 and SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012, 2014
- Implemented High Availability & Disaster Recovery techniques like Always-ON Availability Groups, Clustering, Database Mirroring and Log Shipping.
- Implemented the new SQL Server 2012 mechanisms like data compressions, online indexing, Contained Databases, security principals and AAG.
- Experience d in using DMV and dynamic management functions for finding out long running queries.
- Experienced in using tools like SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer, SQL Sentry, Extended Events, SQL Profiler, Windows Performance monitor and Performance counters for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Experience in planning and implementing Database Security by creating Logins, Users, Roles and assigning permissions according to the requirements
- Experience d in Installation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting on Windows Server, Active Directory, Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, WINS, Cluster Administration, User accounts, Security Policies, Security Issues
- Working knowledge in Data Encryption and Data Decryption for data security in Database & Column level
- Experienced in Database Partitioning on staging to archiving
- Developed SSIS Packages from different sources like SQL Server Database, Flat file, CSV, Excel and many other data sources supports ODBC, OLE DB Data Sources
- Created SSIS Packag es for Data Transfer, Logins Transfer, Jobs Transfer and Maintenance Plan
- Demonstrated expertise utilizing ETL tools, including SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), BCP and Bulk Ins erts provide strategy related to data cleansing, data quality, data transformation and data consolidation
- Working knowledge of Installing, Configuring and Maintaining SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Report Builder
- Delivered reports to users in a variety of formats like Report Server (Web-based), excel, pdf, HTML, and CSV formats
- Worked on importing data to SQL Server from MySQL and Oracle
- Implemented Linked Servers within SQL Servers & Other Database platforms
- Worked on Footprint and Service Now ticketing system software’s
- Strong experience in mentoring with team members, documentation and 24/7 on-call production support
Databases: SQL Server 2017/ 2016/ 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008/ Oracle, MySQL
Operating System: Windows Server 2016, 2012 R2, 2008 R2, Windows 10, Linux.
SQL Server Tools: SSMS, Query Analyzer, Extended Events, SQL Server Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Execution Plan, Activity Monitor, Job Activity Monitor, BIDS, DMVs, DMFs, DBCC, and SQL Server Configuration Manager
System Tools: Active Directory, DHCP, Files System, Cluster, CMD, PowerShell, Resource Monitor, Performance Monitor, Services
Data Migration: SSIS, SSMA, BIDS, BCP, Import/Export Wizard
Web Server: Internet Information Server (IIS)
Networking: TCP/IP, DNS, WAN, LAN, Secure FTP
Tools: SolarWinds, NetBackup, Redgate, Idera, SQL Sentry.
Confidential, Suitland, MD
SQL Server DBA
- Installed and Build SQL Server 2017, 2016 and 2014 with PowerShell templates on PROD/DR/UAT/DEV environments
- Configure SQL Server settings, Database Settings, and OS Settings to Optimize Performance
- Worked with Peer Review documents to ensure all pre-requests, for SQL Builds was meet.
- Supports day to day operational activities for the database platform like service requests, incident, and break fixed
- Worked with Change Request to Create MOP’s, Review and assign to resource for implement
- Worked in using DBCC commands to manage database consistency and repair as needed
- Used SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer to monitor the health of a database and a server instance, diagnose problems, performance tune, CPU, I/O, Memory, active session, lock, block, deadlock
- Worked a daily basis creating, modifying tables, Index (Cluster/Non-Cluster), Constraints (Unique/Check), Views, Stored Procedures, Triggers
- Configured, manage, and troubleshoot AlwaysOn Availability Group on top of active and passive failover cluster On-Multi-Subnet for DR location
- Enabled RCSI on AAG’s databases for remediate blocks and deadlocks
- Configure and Troubleshoot Transactional Replication and Logshippig
- Worked with Users Access Request Permission, Client Server Connectivity, Granting / Revoking / Denying access
- Manage Data Security Likes Database Encryption, data Masking and Always Encrypted
- Configured NetBackup profile for IP backup on a non-AAG server and created bch files for AAG servers.
- Troubleshoot to Backup failed issue on native backup and NetBackup
- Created Job for Automation to Refresh PRD data to UAT and DEV environment with native backup as well as NetBackup SQL Client
- Deployed SSIS Packages from different sources like SQL Server Database, Flat file, CSV, Excel and manage package security
- Installed, Configured, and administered SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Reports development, deployment, reports migration, and manage data-driven subscriptions
- Created Linked Server with different platform Oracle 12C, 18C, MySQL, DB2
- Providing 24X7 production On-Call support on a rotational basis
- Created Windows VM in Azure IAAS
- Have Migrated On-Premise SQL Server Database into Azure Cloud (IAAS and PAAS)
- Setup Alwayson, Replication from on premises to Azure platform
- Create Linked Server different data source to IaaS in Azure environment
- Configured load balancer, Storage Account, Azure key vault, Disk in Azure environment
- Create Databases, manage security, setup maintenance job, managed database Instance in Azure
Environment: MS SQL Server 2017/2016/ 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, SolarWinds DPA, NetBackup, Service Now, SharePoint Server, Visual Studio 2015, TFS, and Windows Server 2016/2012/2008 R2/ SSRS, SSIS, SQL Cluster, AAG, Log Shipping, Mirroring
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
SQL Server DBA
- Installed, Configured, and Maintained SQL Server 2016,2014, 2012, 2008R2 on PROD/UAT/DEV environments
- Worked on Slipstream installation and Unattended Installation
- Installed SQL Server 2016 on Windows Server 2016 on the test environment
- Upgraded and Migrated in side-by-side on SQL Server 2008R2 instances and databases to SQL Server 2012 and 2014
- Applied SP (Service Pack) SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008 R2 on a routine basis
- Migrated MySQL 5.5.6 databases to SQL Server 2012 using SSMA
- Migrated MS Access 2007 / 2010 databases into MS SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2012 using SSMA
- Configured and Maintained AlwaysOn Availability Group using SQL Server 2014/2012 with Synchronous automatic-failover mode
- Implemented SQL Server Snapshot Replication to create a reporting environment which alleviated the production database environment of supporting ongoing live reporting.
- Experienced in implementing SQL Server Security, Managing Users, Granting/Revoking/Denying accesses
- Performance tuning, capacity planning, trend analysis, and server sizing for very large databases.
- Monitored data activities such as database status, logs, space utilization, Checkpoints, locks, block, and long running transactions.
- Worked on Trace files to audit DBA activities, DDL commands and Security events in SQL Server to automate the process of reporting unauthorized activities.
- Experienced on Database Partitioning with Switch Data-In and Database Archive with Switch Data-out
- Designed, developed, debugged and tested SSIS packages, Stored Procedures, configuration files and implement best practices packages to maintain optimal performance.
- Developed and implemented error handling logics in all the SSIS packages to handle bad data and avoid package failures
- Created DTS Package designs for Import/Export from different servers like oracle, MySQL to SQL Server
- Implemented and maintained SQL Server 2012 SSRS reporting environment for all business departments and senior management
- Providing 24X7 production On-Call support on a rotational basis
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2012/2008 R2/2008, MS Access, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Sentry, Service Now, Visual Studio 2010/2005, TFS, IIS, and Windows Server 2012/2008R2/2003, SSRS, SSIS, and SQL Cluster
SQL Server DBA
- Installed, Configured and Administered SQL Server 2008R2/2008/2005 Servers in PROD, UAT and DEV environments.
- Deployed High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions like SQL Cluster, Mirroring
- Deployed and Managed Log Shipping to provide multiple copies of production data that can be used for disaster recoveries.
- Created checklist to ensure that all major components such as; IP's both external and heartbeat, cluster group configuration, installation and configuration of MSDTC components, and logical drives where correctly configured and available prior to all cluster builds.
- Worked in Database Backup, Restore and Point-in-Time Recovery
- Installed RedGate SQL Backup Pro 8.0 and performed SQL Server database backup, restore, and verification.
- Worked on Data Masking and Data Compare.
- Worked in Data Encryption and Data Decryption for data security in Database & Column level
- Worked on different Data Modeling projects including creating scripts, E-R Diagram, backward/forward engineering
- Monitored Server Activity, Error Log, space usage, and solving problems as needed.
- Extensively worked on auditing entire environment by building SQL Monitoring database to capture everything in the PROD environment.
- Use DTA (Database Tuning Advisor), to identify indexes that can help improve performance.
- Deployed new code release to UAT and Production Environments.
- Provided support for SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) including installation, configuration, report deployment, setting up report subscriptions and managing security to using SSRS, Crystal Reports and Report Builder
- Generated parameterized reports, sub-reports, tabular reports using SSRS in SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Created SQL Server Drill down, Drill through, Ad-hoc, Cross tab report using SSRS in SQL Server 2012 to fit business requirements
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the financial data.
- Defined required policy and groups based on business requirements and managed database as well as applications security
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2005, IIS, Jira, Red-Gate products, Visual Studio, Clustering, Mirroring, SSIS, SSRS and Windows Server 2008 R2/2003