- Microsoft BI developer with 6+ years of experience in Database Design Development, ETL Implementation, Designing and Reporting and support of OLAP/OLTP/Data warehouse systems using Microsoft SQL Server 2012 - 2016, Microsoft Visual Studio, Tableau, Power BI,Tidal,Dart tool,Code warden and Jira (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS).
- Proficient in SSIS process, designing architecture the flow of data from various sources to target.
- Experienced in providing Logging, Error handling using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in deploying and scheduling SSIS packages across different environments.
- Experience in developing Drill through and Drill down reports, parameterized reports, Sub reports, Matrix reports, gauges and Chart reports using MS SQL Server Reporting Services, Tableau and Power BI (SSRS).
- Helped the users to test the reports created and optimized the performance of the end reports.
- Deployed and configured the reports in the Report Server.
- Experienced in creating indexes, Views, complex Stored Procedures, user defined functions, joins, temporary tables, common table expressions (CTEs) and Triggers to facilitate efficient data retrieval, data manipulation and data consistency.
- Solid understanding of Isolation Levels, Normalizing and De-normalizing tables and maintaining Referential Integrity by using Primary and Foreign Keys.
- Good working knowledge in database debugging and tuning using the SQL Server Debugger, SQL Profiler, and the
Power BI Developer
- Imported data from Excel, SQL Server DB and Azure SQL DB to Power BI to generate reports.
- Use Dax to generate calculated columns and measures in Power BI.
- Created Tabular and Multi-dimensional model using SSAS.
- Involved in creating new stored procedures and optimizing existing queries and stored
- Used Power BI, Power Pivot to develop data analysis prototype, and used Power View and Power Map to visualize reports
- Published Power BI Reports in the required originations and made Power BI Dashboards available in Web clients and mobile apps
- Explore data in a Variety of ways and across multiple visualizations using Power BI
- Used Power BI Gateways to keep the dashboards and reports up to date.
- Worked on Agile Methodology.
- Developed Aggregations, partitions for cube as per business requirements
- Creating Row level security with power bi and integration with power bi service portal.
- Developed profit analysis reports and dashboards by products and customers
- Scheduled Automatic refresh and scheduling refresh in power bi service.
- Developed analysis reports and visualization using DAX functions like table function, aggregation function and iteration functions.
- Created weekly, monthly and yearly reports for the HR and Sales Department.
- Develop reports like (Snapshot, drill down, drill through) for Yearly, Quarterly, Monthly, and Daily business decisions.
- Collaborate with managers to gather requirements from business stakeholders and perform process analysis.
- Designed dimensional modeling using SSAS packages for End-User and created Hierarchies in dimensional model for faster performance.
- Developed multi-dimensional objects (Cubes, Dimensions) using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Developed Power BI model used for financial reporting of salaries and HR.
Environment: SQL Server 2016, MS Excel, Visual Basic, BIDS, Microsoft Word, facets, tableau.
BI Report Developer
- Designed SSIS packages to extract data from different sources like SQL server 2012, MS Excel, transform and then load into Dimension and Fact tables in Data Warehouse using SSIS.
- Developed SSIS packages using for each loop in Control Flow to loop all excel files within folder, File System Task to move file into Archive after processing and Execute SQL task to insert data into the SQL table.
- Interact with the Enterprise Data Warehouse team to facilitate and document the data mapping to the Reporting SQL Server environment.
- Gathered report requirements and determined the best solution to provide the results in either a Reporting Services report or an Excel pivot table.
- Worked on SQL Profiler to view indexes performance to mostly eliminate table scan.
- Performed operations such as Fine-tuning highly complex TSQL stored procedures for maximum efficiency and performance.
- Produced operational reports in SSRS 2012 i.e. drill-down, drill-through, chart reports, parameterized reports and snapshot reports.
- Provided design, implementation and maintenance for custom reports using different techniques like data filtering, adding interactivity, deploying reports to report server-using SSRS.
- Responded to ad hoc requests and special projects that require immediate attention while at the same time maintaining deadlines on existing requests.
- Worked with project manager and technical leads for resolution of technical issues.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, Slowly Changing Dimension and row count etc.
- Worked on formatting SSRS reports using the Global variables and expressions.
- Write SQL queries using joins, stored procedures and user defined functions to verify the data from the database based on the business requirement.
- Used Temp table to update information in the database.
- Handled ad Hoc request and created parameterized reports using SQL server 2012 reporting Services.
- Provided data analysis and data quality validation, managing report approval process, distributing and storing reports to provide a meaningful and efficient summary.
- Designed and implemented stored procedures, views and other application database code objects.
- Maintained SQL scripts, indexes and complex queries for analysis and extraction on a day, weekly and monthly basis.
- Extracted data from multiple sources using SQL, export data to excel, and Access using SQL export and import button.
- Queried SQL database on daily basis to create and modified existing Stored Procedures and Views.
- Wrote SQL triggers for checking Insert and Update on tables.
- Worked with stakeholders, developers and production teams across units to identify business needs and solution options.
- Published reports and dashboards using Power BI.
- Used Power BI gateway to keep the dashboard and reports up to date.
- Executed dashboards setup and data manipulation.
- Extensive experience in developing complex Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers, Views, Joins and Sub queries with T-SQL, Database Design including ER diagrams, normalization.
- Expert in developing T-SQL (DDL, DML) statements, Data Integrity (constraints), Rules, Query Optimization and Data Validation issues.
- Built and deployed successful dynamic SSIS packages into SQL Server databases and scheduled them according to requirements.
- Created and Configured Data Source and Views, Dimensions, Cube, Measures, Partitions using SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Proficient in Developing SSIS Package to perform ETL on data into the Data Warehouse from Heterogeneous databases such as MS SQL Server and MS Access.
- Expert in creating high level design of ETL SSIS Packages for integrating data using different connections from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Flat files, Text Format Data).
- Created parameterized queries for generating tabular reports, drill down, drill-through, cascading and click through reports.
- Created dashboard using Power BI as per requirements for cross functional team.