- Around 6 years of Datastage experience in ETL Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence applications design, development and Maintenance of Integration Services like DataStage by using Oracle DB and SQL.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle - SDLC (Analysis, Design, Development and Testing), requirement gathering, client interaction, Use Case Design and understanding.
- Experience in UNIX scripting, troubleshooting and file handling on the UNIX system. Experience in Data Integration, EDW and Data Mart projects.
- Experience in UNIX file/dataset management to keep the load ready data for all financial transactional data.
- Experience on Water fall and Agile methodology project implementation.
- Involved in complete Software Delivery Life Cycle (SDLC) in large data warehouse environment for financial data system.
- Thorough knowledge in data warehousing, dimensional modeling, data integration, data virtualization, data synchronization, star schema, snow flake schema, ETL development & performance tuning, BI data analysis, SAP integrating, DFS & HDFS cluster segregation.
- Experience in working closely with mainframe applications for the ETL interactions.
- Prepared High-Level design document, Low Level design document, Technical design document for various projects and good at Bug fixing, Code reviews, and Unit & System testing.
- Expertise in creating Data Mapping for various projects and applications. Experience in working in a Multi-Dimensional Warehouse projects.
Data Warehouse: IBM Information Server DataStage and QualityStage 11.5/11.3/9.1/8.7/8.5 , Business Objects 6.x.
Dimensional Modeling: Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow- Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions, Data Vault, Physical and Logical Data Modeling Erwin 9.6/9.x.
Reporting Tools: Tableau Desktop 10.5, 10.x, Business Objects 6.5.
Databases: Teradata V2R12/V2R13, Oracle 11g/10g, PL/SQL, UDB DB2 9.1/9.7, MS SQL Server 12/13.
Languages: PL/SQL, PYTHON, XML.
Scheduling Tools: Auto sys, Tidal, Control-M, TWS, ASG-Zena
Confidential, Kansas City, MO
- Worked in PBM migration team to migrate the source system from a previous Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) to a new PBM.
- Worked with Business Analysts to get the business requirements and to build technical solutions.
- Involved in the high-level and detailed design of the project
- Optimized the existing jobs for better performance and implemented new business logic in the production environment.
- Designed DataStage server and parallel jobs to extract, transform and load data from new source and archive systems like Text files, XML, CSV, IBM DB2, MS SQL Server and Teradata into Data Warehouses and Data Marts
- Developed Parallel jobs using various stages like Join, Merge, Funnel, Lookup, Sort, Transformer, Copy, Remove Duplicate, Filter, Peek, Column Generator, Pivot and Aggregator stages for grouping and summarizing on key performance indicators used in decision support systems.
- Implemented end user requirements by creating Stage Variables and coding the business rule logic for transformations and rejections related to claims with a Business Rule Stage
- Used DataStage Designer and Director to schedule and monitor resulting executable versions
- Modified local and shared containers to facilitate ease and reuse of jobs.
- Involved in Performance tuning of complex queries.
- Executed unit tests to ensure proper GUI and coding standards
- Used ASG-Zena scheduling tool to schedule the runs on daily and monthly basis according to the client requirement.
Environment: IBM Information Server 11.3 DataStage and QualityStage (Designer, Directory and Administrator), PL/SQL, HP-UNIX 11, AQT for DB2.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Worked closely with Business analysts and Business users to understand the requirements and to build the technical specifications.
- Responsible to create Source to Target (STT) mappings. Responsible to design, develop and built DataStage parallel jobs using DataStage designer.
- Developed and supported the Extraction, Transformation and Load process (ETL) for a data warehouse from various data sources using DataStage Designer.
- Designed and developed Parallel jobs to extract data, clean, transform, and to load the target tables using the DataStage Designer.
- Designed developed job sequential to run multiple jobs
- Used DataStage Designer for importing the source and target database schemas, importing and exporting jobs/projects, creating new job categories and table definitions.
- Designed and developed the Routines and Job Sequence for the ETL jobs
- CSI/CIRAS/ISRA is the source feed files extracted and loads into staging/Base Tables by implementing Type 1 and Type 2 SCD. Operational Risk Management system is used for data risk control and obtains a data security.
- Responsible for running jobs using Job Sequencers, Job Batches.
- Extensively worked on Teradata MLoad, Teradata Enterprise Stage, and Teradata API Stage to extract, transform and load data.
- Extensively used Reject Link, Job Parameters, and Stage Variables in developing jobs.
- Used the DataStage Director to run, schedule, monitor, and test the application on development, and to obtain the performance statistics.
- Developed Packages and customized functions and Triggers based upon the business logics.
- Involved in Performance tuning of complex queries.
- Developing Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures, Functions, Packages, SQL scripts to facilitate the functionality for various modules. Involved in Unit testing and integration testing.
Environment: IBM Information Server 11.3 DataStage and QualityStage (Designer, Directory and Administrator), Oracle 11g/10g, Cognos 10, PL/SQL, HP-UNIX 11, Toad for Oracle.
Confidential, Cary, NC
ETL DataStage Developer
- Understood the business rules completely and implements the data transformation methodology.
- Understood the Technical design document and Source-To-Target mappings.
- Used Data vault methodology (Satellite, Hub, Link) in data modeling to make it adaptable to the needs of the enterprise.
- Designed Datastage jobs for validating and loading data.
- Used the Datastage Designer to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforming, integrating and loading into Data Warehouse.
- Extracted data from sources such as oracle, Flat files to transform and load into target Databases.
- Datastage Designer was utilized for developing mappings using stages, which includes Transformer, Join, Lookup, Merge, Funnel, Filter, Oracle Enterprise Stage, Sequential File, Dataset, File Set, Copy, and Modify Stage.
- Implemented SCD- Type II Techniques.
- Designed Sequencer to automate the whole process of data loading.
- Extensively worked with Datastage Shared Containers for Re-using the Business functionality
- Experience in running jobs using Job Sequencers, Job Batches.
- Involving in performance tuning jobs process identifying and resolve performance issues.
- Involved in unit testing of Datastage jobs.
Environment: DataStage 8.7 (Designer, Director and Administrator), Test Director, ClearCase, Zeke, K-Shell Scripts, Mainframe TSO ISPF, IBM DB2 9.1, AIX 5.3, Win SQL for DB2, Peoplesoft 9.2.