- Over 5+ years of experience in analysis, design and development of data warehouse and oracle related ETL applications.
- Proficient in Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes using IBM Infosphere Information Server ( 11.5/9.1/8.5 )
- Solid experience in building data warehouse/Data marts especially with ETL tools like IBM Information Sever Datastage 11.5/9.1/8.5
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), having thorough understanding of various phases like Requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Deployment.
- Used Quality Stage to check the data quality of the source system prior to ETL process.
- Created the Data quality jobs dealt with field validations vs the data validations.
- Used stages like standardize, match frequency, Investigate in Quality Stage for cleansing of customer data based on address, state, zip.
- Performed Debugging, Troubleshooting and performance tuning of Datastage Jobs.
- Expert in Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema modeling, Snowflake Schema modeling, fact and dimension table design, physical and logical Data modeling using ERwin
- Experience in Database programming Load Data Warehouses (Star Schemas). Developed Strategies for Extraction Transformation Loading (ETL) mechanism
- Handled huge data in various kinds of formats like EBDIC/Binary, data containing unusual characters using Complex flat file stage.
- Report creation using OLAP data source and having knowledge in OLAP universe.
- Used EPM strategy to review the overall business requirements, and how these requirements have been translated into a project plan and system design.
- Strong skills in fulfilling EDI requirements and experience with XML, CSV, and fixed field length file transformations.
- Worked extensively with Data migration, Data Cleansing, ETL Processes.
- Extensive experience in working with Oracle 8i/9i/10g,11g SQL queries and PL/SQL Procedures, Functions, Packages, Database Triggers, Exception Handlers, Database Objects using PL/SQL.
- Proficient in writing Unix Shell scripts.
- Good understanding of Atlassian Jira, MS Visio, SharePoint, UML Diagrams etc.
- Possess extensive support experience with MS Office and Office 365 applications.
- Highly skilled in the use of UML, MS Visio, Oracle SQL, MS Excel, Jira and Requisite Pro.
- Prepared documentation for standard practices using Datastage for enhanced performance.
- Expertise in Testing phase planning, preparation and execution.
- Expertise in creating schema objects, Performance Tuning of SQL statements.
- Able to work within an aggressive and demanding project schedule and environment.
- Experience in working with deployment and release teams to deploy ETL code and validate deployments.
- Experience in Working on creating Code change request, Prod deploy requests and Patch requests.
- Strengths include excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills, good analytical skills and logical approach to problem solving.
ETL Tools: IBM Infosphere Information Server DataStage 11.5/9.1/8.5 (Manager, Administrator, Designer, Director), Business Objects
Data Modeling: Star Schema Modeling, Snow - Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions tables, physical and logical data modeling, Erwin 4.1.2/3.x and Oracle Designer.
Reporting Tools: Data Reports, Crystal Reports 6.x/5.x/4.x, Business Objects 6.0/5.0 (Supervisor, Designer, Business Objects)
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2000/7.0/6.5 , Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i/8.0/7.3, PL/SQL, DB2 UDB, Teradata.
UNIX Tools: Shell Scripts, C Shell, K-Shell Scripts, AWK and VI, IBM AIX, Sun Solaris.
Version Control tools: Clear Case, SVN, GIT
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr Datastage Developer
- Involved in the Dimension Modeling, Logical Design of Data Warehouse schema, and Physical Design of Data Warehouse schema.
- Involved in analysis, requirements gathering, function/technical specifications, development, deploying and testing.
- Installation, configuration, setup and Administration of Data Stage Server.
- Created Shared Containers for reusable calculations in various strings.
- Created Data Model using Erwin from data sources and defined the dimensions, levels and measures in the model.
- Extensively used Data Stage Designer stages such as ODBC, Aggregator, Transformer, Join, Pivot, FTP and Merge.
- Extensively used Email Notification, Nested Condition, Sequencer and Terminator activities in Job Sequences.
- Developed Routines for Error handling and also developed before/after job subroutine.
- Extensively used Quality Stages like Investigate, Match and Survivorship.
- Used the Data Stage Administrator to assign privileges to users or user groups (to control which Data Stage client application or jobs they see or run), move, rename or delete projects and manage or publish jobs from development to production status.
- Used Director for executing, analyzing logs and scheduling the jobs.
- Developed Hash files for performance improvement by reducing the reference lookup time.
- Used Quality Stage plug-in to call Quality Stage jobs from Data stage.
- Used the Folder stage and RTI stage to extract data from .xml type files and load into Oracle database.
- Developed, tested Store procedures, Functions and packages in PL/SQL for Data ETL.
- Written SQL scripts to create and drop the indexes those are passes as parameters in the pre & post sessions.
- Involved in investigating & solving the data integrity issues.
- Worked on scheduling tool control M for monitoring and scheduling jobs.
- Wrote UNIX shell Scripts for file validation and scheduling DataStage jobs.
Environment: IBM Information Server 11.5 (DataStage, Quality Stage and Information Analyzer), Erwin 4.1, Windows 7, QualityStage, Unix Shell scripting, TOAD, Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, Control M, SVN
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Collected the information about the existing sources by reverse engineering them.
- Extracted data transformed and loaded into Oracle database according to the required provision using IBM WebSphere DataStage 7.0.
- Used the DataStage Designer to develop processes for extracting, cleansing, transforms, integrating and loading data into data warehouse database.
- Designed the mappings between sources external files and databases like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and XML files to Operational staging targets.
- Used built-in as well as complex custom transformations
- Involved in creating more than 80 jobs using Datastage Designer.
- Used Datastage manager to manage the Metadata repository and import/export of jobs.
- Used PL/SQL processes to upload flat files using SQL*Loader.
- Optimized job performance by carrying out Performance Tuning.
- Created source table definitions in the Repository by studying the data sources.
- Created Log Tables containing data with discrepancies to analyze and re-process the data.
- Troubleshooted the designed jobs using the Debugger.
- Good hands-on experience with scripting in the Linux environment.
Environment: IBM Information Server DataStage 9.5, (Designer, Director, Manager), Oracle 9i, SQL Server 2000, DB2, MS-Access, XML files, ERwin 4.1.4, PL/SQL, Teradata, UNIX, Windows 7