- More than 22+ years in Programming, Application development, Systems/ database administration and Networking support experience.
- Proven background in large - scale enterprise application implementations. Extensive knowledge and on-hands experience in information architecture, web design, project management, quality assurance (QA), tuning and testing. Superior communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Used LINQ to SQL b/c of size of Database (Infinite table row size). Used DBML Class file.
- Used compatibility in web config file b/c of different browser.
- Added user and location/locations for security purposes. Made user inactive using a check box in user maintenance screen.
- Show hide Master Page menu items based on user rights. (Credentials are loaded in log in form and stored into session variable).
- Show hide records based on user location b/c of confidentiality.
- Filter Data item, date text etc. Grid Filter by Combo Box. Sort Ascending/Descending each column.
- Differentiate between Master/Child row based on Name (i.e. e.owner table view name = “Master or Detail”) in Edit/Insert mode.
- High light last updated/inserted row.
- Show related child form in separate window after link button is clicked from Master Form.
- Upon return from child form, keep page and row index of Master form. Go back to original record.
- What front end worker can do and what supervisor can do. Used asp.net panel to make text boxes read or read write and show hide update button in Edit mode.
- Warn the users if the hit the ‘Cancel Button’ that they will loose their unsaved work. Option is available ‘Cancel’ of ‘Exit’ in a popup window.
- Last Updator/Update date read only, to keep audit log.
- Delete log (for audit log) where record is deleted. Client Name, deleted from which form, deleted by/ date deleted, Delete form is read only, no edit is allowed
- Export Grid Data to ‘Excel/PDF”. Ignore paging. Also export selected row to PDF. Used Hidden Grid also.
- One Project (Ex: MainProject) is for forms and other etc. another project for reports (ex: ReportProject).
- All we need to make a reference from MainProJect to ReportProject. When we rebuild the solution, both projects are rebuilt. When Deployed both projects are also deployed.
- Converted ASP.NET SQL 2005 Applications -> ASP.NET 2008 Applications -> ASP.NET 2013 Applications -> ASP.NET 2017 Applications.
- Round Robin for IIS Web Servers; if one server fails/maintenance mode another r/robin server automatically picks up.
- 4 Hourly Database backup in different server and automatically delete backups after 7 days
- Active Directory Account/Services/Job Run as from a Domain/SQL ‘Admin User’
- Enabled xp command shell.
- Copy and Restore Database from Network Share into Development Server at 4 am every morning Tuesday-Saturday. Backup Database to Network
- BACKUP DATABASE myDB TO DISK = ‘\\servername\sharename\backupfilename.bak'
- Restore Database from Network
- The GUI doesn't allow the use of network drives or UNC paths, however the TSQL command line does work with such.
- RESTORE DATABASE MyDatabaseName FROM DISK = N'\\servername\sharename\backupfilename.bak' WITH REPLACE
- Converted SQL 2005 Database to -> SQL Server 2008 -> SQL Server 2012 Database.
- Enable Failure Emails for SQL Agent Jobs.
- Used SQL job scheduler to administrate job execution and work flow.
- Used SQL Query Profiler, execution plan to improve the performance.
- Notify end users / System administrator if SQL Job fails via SQL Database mail.
- SSIS to copy database/jobs from one server to another server.
- SSIS to export table rows into .CSV file in Network Share for ETL purposes.
- Script tasks to copy selected SP’s and Views from one live server to another live server.
- Continue to educate myself on new SQL versions and new applications to monitor and administrate the SQL environment.
Operating Environment and Hardware: Windows 2003/2008/2012/ Azure Servers, Windows XP/7/10.
Software: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 (Programming/Administration/Maintenance), Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, TSQL, UDF's, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), ETL, BCP, DTSRUN, SQL agent Jobs, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010/2013/2017 , LINQ, Entity Data Models, Telerik Rad Controls for ASP.Net Ajax, ASP.Net 2.0/3.5/4.0/4.5 , ADO.Net, C#, IIS 6/7/8.5, MS Visual FoxPro9.0, MS Access, MS Access ADP/ADE, Crystal Report Writer.
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
Database Administrator/Sr. Application Developer
- Designed and lead development team using various components and controls of SQL 2012 back-end/ SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Visual Studio 2013/2017, ASP.Net 4.5, Telerik Rad Controls for ASP.Net Ajax, and other front-end and middle-tier technologies and standards, as well as content management system.
- This primary goal of this Application in partnership with the NYC Department of Homeless Services provides assistance to identify, assessment and resolution of pre-shelter housing crises to prevent homeless.
- Also support services to families who have moved from shelter into their own apartment.
- Case management, Short-term financial assistance, Employment counseling etc. services are offered to eligible clients.
- Designed and implemented front end Web interface by using various components and controls of Visual Studio 2008 & ASP.Net 3.5 (i.e. Grid View, Details View, Form View, Master/Content Pages, Web site security etc.) serving over 100,000 clients.
- Designed Web based employee Payroll Authorization Program using ASP.Net 4.0/ Telerik Rad Controls for ASP.Net Ajax front end and MS SQL Server 2012 backend serving over 2800 employees of the organization.
- Designed Web based Fiscal Accounts Payable Bank Transmission Program; Electronic Database Mail program to notify users via e-mail for transactions rather than postal mail in a daily basis.
- Supervising programming staff, act as a liaison between management and development staff, responsible for supporting large Window's based Systems at many different locations within Brooklyn and Queens which encompasses Networking, Operations and Systems support for the day-to-day business, controls in the use of technology to meet a wide-range of technical support challenges, performing a key role in all functional areas from programming, planning and architecture through performance and scalability.
- Oversaw third-party content integration and migration project involving architecture, design, implementation, and testing of integrated web applications on aggressive timeline. Successful project was completed on time and under budget.
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
Application Developer/ Application Lead Support Specialist
- Created interface between Stromberg Employee attendance maintenance System and Payroll database.
- Designed/Supported the Application by using MS Access 2003 ADP/ADE/ASP.Net front-end and SQL Server back-end for Local and Wide Area Network users (Via Citrix Access Suite, RDP) that supports approximately 12k+ needy Clients per year for their various financial needs.
- Extensively modified Donor Perfect Fundraising Software by using Visual FoxPro 7.0 and 9.0 (Forms, Views, Data structures, Reports) as required by management and end-users. Train users with the existing System Procedures and new functionalities, created various menu-driven data routines for ongoing Agency fund raising events.
- Designed various interface protocols for 3rd party vendors as well as Government Agencies to retrieve and transmit data from multiple platforms such as SQL Server, Visual FoxPro 9.0 and MS Access.
Confidential, NYC, NY
- From its inception, overall responsible for smooth Hardware/Software migration from a DG/Unix Systems to Windows NT4.0/SCO Open Systems environments, evaluate various components (such as Servers, workstations, software's, printers, peripherals for acquisitions, setup Transatlantic Wide Area Network.
- Support end users, convert existing applications/databases/accounting systems into new operating systems.
- Provided planning, analysis and implementation services for the firm's management community.
- Led the development of business requirements and identification of solutions; developed plans and specifications.
- Coordinated development efforts among users, system staff and vendors.