- Over twenty five years data warehouse information systems development and operations analysis experience in all phases of the software development life cycle with an emphasis on requirements, data modeling, data analysis, data management, data/metadata quality and process improvement.
Data Modeling Tools: Erwin 9.6, Model Manager
Programming Languages: SQL
Database Platforms: Teradata, Oracle
Desktop Applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, Rally
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, MVS, UNIX
Senior Data Modeler
- Primary data modeler for IT Finance project, creating logical and conceptual models for fifteen different subject areas
- Primary data modeler for Customer Information Management Program (CIMP) campaign subject area. Created relational and dimensional models and mapping between data requirements, source data, relational model, and dimensional model with derivation and transformation rules.
- Provided modeling support for Risk Adjustment and Reinsurance, Payment Integration Engine, CRA, eConsult and Human Capital Management (HCM) projects. Provided all definitions for HCM.
- Reverse engineered a database with over 1700 tables for OBIA project.
- Authored Data Landscape Technical Users Guide.
Senior Data Analyst/Modeler
- Created logical and physical dimensional data models for the Alliance program supporting Finance, Management Reporting and Legal audits, which increased market penetration and revenue subscriptions.
- Documented business rules and performed source to target mapping of all project data elements in ETL tool.
- Worked on up to 16 Agile and waterfall projects of varying complexity simultaneously in a fast - paced release cycle.
- Managed a multi-phase project to improve metadata definition quality and trained users in the definition certification process. Implemented metrics in the Advantage repository to measure quality.
- Authored High Level Design and Detailed Design documents.
- Created and implemented a Corporate Data Element Repository as a web application in support of integration and standardization for disparate databases. Used Evoke analysis for data profiling.
- Designed and supported the architecture for enterprise-wide data warehouse user access management. Translated business requirements into logical and physical relational data models.
- Conducted data analysis, writing SQL queries against Teradata tables.
- Documented, tracked, communicated and resolved data/metadata issues.
- Authored a corporate standard for metadata definitions, a corporate metadata policy and a Standard Operating Procedure for Data Modelers. Tested new versions of Erwin for internal use approval.
- Provided metadata expertise for revenue and volume reporting.
- Trained employees and contractors in modeling and ETL tools, standards and processes.