- Around 7 years of experience in Business Analysis, Data Analyst, System Analysis, Data analysis, Software Design, Development, Integration, implementation and maintenance of Business Intelligence and database platforms
- Over 6 years of extensive Tableau Experience in Enterprise Environment 7.x, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x as Tableau / Data Visualization Developer and Administrator.
- Expertise in cleaning, transforming, inspecting and modeling large data to discover patterns, trends and behaviors, arrive at conclusions and support decision making process using Alteryx Designer.
- Worked in Formal Systems analysis design, implementation of Operational/Database systems, utilizing Oracle RDBMS Methodologies.
- Worked in Agile, Iterative, and Waterfall software development life cycles.
- Experience in creating the Implemented visual KPI reporting tool for forward operations team leading to increased awareness of metrics.
- Extensive experience in implementing the ETL processes which include developing the data model, designing the change capture and disaster recovery strategies.
- Have clear understanding of Data Warehousing concepts with emphasis on ETL and Life Cycle Development including requirement analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
- Excellent understanding of Data modeling (Dimensional & Relational) on concepts like Star - schema, Snowflake schema using fact and dimension tables and relational databases (Oracle), Mainframes, SAP BW, MS Access and client/server applications.
- Having experienced in Agile Methodologies, Scrum stories and sprints experience in a python-based environment, along with data analytics, data wrangling and Excel data extracts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrable verbal and written communications to maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel.
Data Visualization / BI: Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server v10/v9/v8/v7, Alteryx, Cognos 8.4/8.3/8.2, QlikView 11.0, SAP Business Objects
Data Modeling: Erwin, ER Studio.
Data Bases: ORACLE 11.2/10g/9i/8i, DB2, Informix, MS Access, MSSQL Server 2008, 2005, 2000.
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, ABAP, Java, C#.net, VB.net, HTML
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, MS-DOS, Windows NT 4.0/2000/ 2003 /2008 r2,XP
UI Tools: CICS, ROSE, PUTTY, Visible Analyst, Lotus Notes
SQL Tools: TOAD, SQL* Navigator, Developer 2000, SQL*Loader, SQL Server Management Studio
Tableau BI Developer/Data Analyst
- Gather and analyze the business requirements and then translate them to technical specifications and performed impact analysis.
- Analyze the data from different data sources and develop Tableau Reports.
- Creation of dashboards with Combination Charts, Custom Charts based on the customer requirement.
- Designed and Developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources by blending data on a single Worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Developed ETL solutions in Alteryx.
- Participated in the architecture and design of features associated with Collaboration and Scaling of Alteryxacross the business.
- Translated business logic from one system (SQL, Excel, etc.) into Alteryxin a quick and accurate manner.
- Used Data Blending, groups, combine fields, calculated fields, and aggregated fields and spotlighting to compare and analyze data in different perspectives.
- Created parameters and quick filters. Created sets to display top products based on their sale.
- Created Actions in Worksheets and Dashboards for interactivity and to compare data against different views
- Created Dashboards with interactive views, trends and drill downs.
- Build interactive Tableau dashboards and publish Tableau reports utilizing parameters, calculated fields and table calculations, user filters, action filters and sets to handle views more efficiently
- Created actions, parameters, Filter (Local, Global) and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets using Tableau. Involved in extraction, transformation and loading of data directly from different source systems like flat files, Excel, Oracle and Server.
- Developed Tableau visualizations to support Data Summary, Analytical Reports.
- Trained the business users on Tableau's self-service model of Creating and Publishing the Reports.
- Built Complex Formulas (using "calculated-field" feature) in Tableau for various business calculations.
- Provided resolution to performance problems of dashboards deployed on Tableau server using out of the box performance analyzer tool of Tableau desktop and Tableau server.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances of data refresh activity to be consumed by Tableau reports.
Environment: Tableau Desktop 9.2/8.3, Tableau Server 9.2, Oracle 11g, MySQL, MS SQL Server 2008, Excel, TSQL, UNIX, SQL Server 2008, HP Quality Center, SVN, Service Now, MS Office.
Tableau BI Developer/Data Analyst
- Identified and engaged the appropriate IT and business participants as well as manage requirements, risks, issues, changes, and updates
- Worked effectively across various teams/customers, building strong working relationships with reporting and analytics end users and IT.
- Translated business requirements to technical design specification documents.
- Interact with client and understand business requirement for the creation of new workflow on Alteryxtool.
- Worked on writing queries to source and load the data to SQL Server and Oracle databases using Alteryxand SSIS.
- Testing, evaluation and troubleshooting of different NoSQL database systems and cluster configurations to ensure high-availability in various crash scenarios.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Extensively used Tabadmin and Tabcmd commands in creating backups and restoring backups of Tableau repository.
- Published customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Published the developed dashboards into production and ensured the data was up to date by scheduling extract refreshes, performed performance tuning of the dashboard and created tableau functional design document.
- Worked with Architects and Business Analyst to understand architecture design and business logic.
- Worked in development of dashboards with the data security to restrict data to the different level of users based on their roles.
- Worked in creation and maintenance of master and layout pages using SharePoint Designer and Visual Studio.
- Worked in SharePoint environment including Site Collection, Site Template, Lists, and Document Library.
- Involved in writing the shell scripts for exporting log files to Hadoop through automated process.
- Developed asset allocation strategies, investmentmodels, and implemented portfolio risk monitoring.
- Data Profiling, Mapping and Integration from multiple sources to AWS S3/RDS/Redshift.
- Providing technical and analytical expertise in responding to complex, specialized report requests requiring higher-level data analysis and data management services.
Environment: Tableau Server v10/v9/v8/v7, Windows Server Standard R2, Excel, SQL Server management studio, SharePoint, Redshift, T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2008 R2
Confidential, Detroit MI
Tableau BI Developer/Data Analyst
- Worked with all levels of development from analysis through implementation and support. Participated in test planning and test script definition.
- Creation of metrics, attributes, filters, reports, and dashboards created advanced chart types, visualizations and complex calculations to manipulate the data.
- Transformed TABLEAU into a managed service offering for consumption across Corporate Treasury and Corporate Investments.
- Act as a Point of Contact/Administrator in Data Interoperability, Analytics and Business Intelligence and Production Support issue resolution.
- Worked in Tableau Admin related activities like Tableau Server installation, backup, upgrades, groups, security roles and SSL authentications.
- Involved in creating and enhancing home-grown ETL scripts using Perl, XML, PLSQL, and SQL.
- Involved in preparation of Data Dictionary and updating Wiki for the GAP Analysis to support our Business community.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
- Performance tuning and stress-testing of NoSQL database environments in order to ensure acceptable database performance in production mode.
- Set up and built AWS infrastructure with various services available by writing cloud formation templates in json.
- Assist in marketing analyses and provide support as needed including investmentand economic analysis.
- Designed, developed and supported BI solutions, Involved in Debugging,monitoring, and troubleshooting issues.
- Analysis with data visualization player Tableau. Writing Pig scripts for data processing.
- Using Scala developed spark code and Spark-SQL/Streaming for faster processing and testing of data.
- Work directly with management, vendors, and third parties to ensure that Web-site’s financial transactions and database management applications operate at peak efficiency.
- Using Alteryxtools for ETL, data cleaning/transformation and accelerate Tableau. TDE development.
- Experienced in managing and reviewing the Hadooplog files.
- Participated in UX meetings and helped them with providing proper Visualizations.
- Sophisticated stored procedures and triggers to provide complete technical solutions.
- Resolved end user reporting problems through collaboration with IT and Operations.