- Extensive experience in SQL Server Database Management System in the areas of Database Administration, Reporting, Data Modeling, Database Design and Development, Advanced Installation, Configuration, Backup and Recovery, Upgrade, Service Pack (SP), SQL/T - SQL, Stored Procedure, Trigger, DMV, DBCC,Clustering, Always On, Log Shipping, Mirroring and Replication.
- Proven experience in Database Performance Tuning using SQL Server Profiler, Extended event, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Execution plan, Performance Monitor and other third party tools like RedGate, OpNet and SolarWinds.
- Configured and managed High Availabilityand Disaster Recovery solutions like Log shipping, Mirroring, Replication, SQL Server clustering and AlwaysOn.
- Experience in creating, supporting and maintaining database administration scripts.
- Expertise in working on multiple data modeling projects including gathering, analysis, conceptual, Logical and Physical data modeling using tools ERWin, Toad Data Modeler, SSDD.
- Experienced with SQL/T-SQL scripts including scripts/SQL/TSQL for managing Database and database objects.
- ETL: SSIS & DTS Packages: Created, configured, deployed, and managed including Migrate and Upgrade.
- Reports: SSRS - Highly proficient in Installed, Configured, and administered SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), created, deployed, managed reports including migrating reports.
- Experienced in Data Movement, data dumping using different tools like Export & Import utility, Data Tools, BIDS, SSIS, and DTS including Excel File, Flat file, CSV file, SQL Server Database.
- Upgrade and Migrate: Upgraded and migrated from SQL Server databases and instances from older version to newer version like SQL 2005 to SQL Server 2008 R2/2012/2014 in different environments. Migrates from MySQL to SQL server 2008, 2012, 2014 and 2016.Add roles, migrate table and related object using SSMA, export import, run packages, map data using SSIS and migrate from MySQL to Microsoft database and Azure SQL database.
- Sound knowledge and working experience in Operating Systems (O/S) - Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Manage Security Management: Securing SQL Serversand Databases, Manage users, Data encryption, granting/ revoking access.
- Extensive work experience in Compression, Database maintenance and Optimization.
- Excellent ability to work as part of a team and independently and able to manage time too effectively to meet deadlines and prioritize workload.
- Effective communication, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills, excellent interpersonal skills, strong customer focus, quick learner, reliable and dependable.
- SQL, T-SQL, Functions, Store Procedures, Trigger.
- Data Modeling: Backward Engineering, Forward Engineering.
- Can Create Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Data Model.
- ERWin, Toad Data Modeler, and SQL Server Database Diagrams.
- Good Understanding about Data Warehousing, Schema, OLAP.
- Migrated on premises databases and Legacy databases to Azure, and setup production, development and test environment on Azure.
- Moving Data in and out of Windows Azure SQL Databases and Blob Storage.
- Managed Database Servers in Development, Test, and Production environment.
- Installed, Configured, and Managed SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016 in Development, Test, and Production environment.
- Installed, Configure and Maintained HA/DR Solutions using Clustering, AlwaysOn, Mirroring, Replication, and Log Shipping.
- Installed, Configured monitored and troubleshoots Log Shipping as Standby database from Production database for Reporting purposes.
- Installed, Configured, and administered SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed and deployed different type of repot using different data source like SQL Server, Oracle, CSV, and Excel.
- Delivered reports to users in variety of format like Report Server (Web Based), Excel, CSV, PDF formats.
- Upgraded/Migrated SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2012/2008 R2 & 2012 to 2014/2016
- Migrated MS Access Database 2000, 2003 into SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012.
- Migrated Oracle 10gR2/11gR2 and My SQL 5.1.23 Database to SQL Server 2008 R2/2012.
- Good understanding on data modeling projects and generated E-R Diagram.
- Data modeling tools used: Toad Data Modeler, SQL Server Data Diagram.
- Backward & Forward Engineering with data modeling tools mentioned above.
Environment: Microsoft Cloud/Azure, SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016 IIS 7.5, 8.5, Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, ASP, ASP.net, Java, ETL and AD (Active Directory).
SQL Server Database Administrator
Environment: SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 IIS Server 6.5, 7.5, Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, ASP.net, Java, ETL and AD (Active Directory)
- Installed, Configured, and Managed SQL Server 2008 R2, and 2012 in development, test, and production environment.
- Installed, Configured database associated tools and performance monitoring Software.
- Setup, Configured, monitors and Maintained Database Replications.
- Installed, configured, maintain and monitored troubleshoots SQL Server Database Mirroring.
- Configured and Maintained Log Shipping as Standby database for Reporting Purposes.
- Securing SQL Serversand Databases, Manage users, Data encryption, granting/ revoking access.
- Planning, controlling andmonitoringtheSecurityandAuditissues as per SLA and Standards.
- Data Encryption and Data Decryption for data security in Database & Column level.
- Managed Backup/Restore, Point-in-Time Recovery including backup verification, security by native tools and RedGate tools.
- Applied SP (Service Pack) on SQL Server 2008R2 and 2012
- Expertise in database Performance tuning SQL profiler, Execution Plan, Database tuning Advisor, Activity Monitor, Performance Monitor.
- Monitored data activities such as logs, space utilization, locks, long transaction.
- T-SQL, Stored-Procedures, Triggers, Function, Views, Indexes.
- Developed and maintained scripts, utility jobs or implement needed software for database maintained.
- Created and managed Indexes, Constraints, and Keys (Primary Key, Foreign Key).
- Worked on different Data Modeling projects including creating scripts, E-R Diagram, backward/forward engineering
- Worked multiple Data Modeling projects for different applications
- Processed data dump and Exported & Imported data from Flat file, CSV file, Oracle, My-SQL, and Access to/from SQL Server Database using DTS, SSIS, and EXP/IMP tool.
- Export & Import data from Flat file (CSV, Excel) to SQL Server Database using EXP/Imp and DTS tool.
- Installed and Configured SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Developed and Managed Report in SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) including managing securities
- Setup automated jobs for different purposes including backup, monitoring database health, disk space, backup verification and moving databases from environment to environment including creating test environment.
- Developed different maintenance plans such as backups, index management, fragmentation management, cleaning history, deleting old files.
- Monitored Server Activity, Error Log, space usage, and solving problem as needed.
- Executed change management scripts on weekly basis.