- Majority of my professional career is in IT consulting services as a contractor role for different industries, therefore I can learn systems in various environments and adapt to the new system quickly. Broad information technology experience in technical and system analysis, project management, business and system analysis, application design, implementation and production support. Strong SQL in Oracle and SQL Server database Experienced in the SDLC Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodology. Able to meet with business users to gather requirements and issue details, design the system, perform development, QA/UA test, deployment, implementation, and maintenance. Experienced in job scheduling, database model design, database performance tuning, system installation, configuration, customer services, system support, and project change or release control management.
- Specialized in: Energy ETRM trading Gas and Power , ERP, credit risk management, accounting settlement, power scheduling and trading, gas pipeline transmission, manufacturing, system installation and configuration.
- PowerBuilder, ASP.NET, HTML, C , WCF, IIS, XML, C, Unix Shell scripts, COBOL, FORTRAN, and Assembly.
- Oracle PL/SQL, SQL query, packages, stored procedures, functions, views, and triggers.
- RDMS Database Experience: Oracle 12 years , SQL Server 6 years , Sybase 3 years
- Tools: MS Visio, Erwin, Toad, and SQL Developer. Others: SQR, Quality Center, Clear Case, and Clear Quest
- Designed, developed, documented, and supported K W internal accounting management system using PowerBuilder V12.5 with Oracle 11g database and ASP.NET, C , WCF, and IIS. It is an accounting invoicing, accounts receivable, payment, and reporting system.
- Experienced in gathering user's requirements and system analysis, converted it into system design document and data modeling, implemented the application with stored procedures, views, functions and triggers, worked with users to create test cases in QA testing, trained users, and provided system maintenance support.
- Experienced in system installation and configuration on Database server, Citrix servers, and Application servers.
- Performed system health check on Endur ETRM application.
- Deployed and configured OpenLink Endur ETRM solution to our clients.
- Provided customer facing on-site such as Tosoro, Cheniere Endur system installation, configuration, and system maintenance training services to client's DBA and system administrators to manage Endur system on database, Citrix, and Application Servers.
- Upgraded Endur ETRM system to the newer version on Oracle 11g or SQL Server databases.
- Provided the best practice in Endur system configuration, system administration, VMware, Citrix, and system solutions to OpenLink Endur ETRM project team.
- Worked with customers and the project team through the full phase of development cycles, resolved system issues and tuned the database performance using AWR report and database Init parameters,
- Provided Endur customized system architecture design and technical design documents.
- Worked with the Release Management team to schedule the deployment of Endur new release binary DLL builds for Shell Blueprint project, imported Endur license key, deployed Shell custom tags, validated configuration files, installed and started Endur domain services, configured Grid engines and clusters, imported license key, validated domain services, imported standard plugins, publish Citrix application, and sent out the sign off email to IDC SSTE team.
- Experienced in APM, OpenJVS AVS development, and RTP supports. Using GIT for source control.
- Supported RightAngle ETRM PowerBuilder application with SQL Server database, stored procedures, functions, and triggers.
- Developed and supported FMS financial management system, a global ERP enterprise resource control system to manage global drilling tool assets. FMS is a PowerBuilder V11 application with Oracle 11g database. Main functionalities include - credit memo, inventory, job, purchase and work orders, receipts, shipments, returns, invoices, general ledger, accounting and reports.
- Duty includes system developments and enhancements, system analysis, system troubleshoots and solutions, and global production support using Remedy tool to manage system issues.
- Supported the gas pipeline transmission system GEMS in nomination, scheduling, EDI process, and EBB Information Posting for ANR pipeline. GEMS is PowerBuilder application with SQL Server 2008 database.
- Completed a critical Hourly Nomination Scheduling project, it contributes the new corporation revenue.
- Provided 24/7 production support on-call services to our internal and external business customers. Using Remedy ticket system to trace our daily support requests, manage source code control in Serena Version Manager and PVCS tools.
- Modified ASP.NET, C and HTML web reports.
- Worked closely with front office traders and commercial users to perform business analysis, gather and document system requirements, and implement new application windows interface and reports.
- Managed the whole life cycle of system development and created business and technical system documents.
- Supported Epsilon ETRM PowerBuilder trading system, and ET Accounting Settlement application interfacing with SAP AR/AP system. Developed in PowerBuilder V10 and PFC architecture services,
- Performed system analysis role in nMarket Power trading system for six different power deregulation markets CA, TX, NE, NY, MW, and PJM on Oracle, application servers and Citrix.
- Responsibility includes system production support schedule, settlement, allocation, and DAT reports , project management, and as a lead development coordinator Change Control Management in system change management control, created test cases, validated test results for the power application support IT group to manage the application source code migration process using Rational Clear Quest, Rational Clear Case, and Mercury Quality Center TestDirector tools to optimize application migration process.
- Work with the Corp Release Management team to schedule the deployment of the new release builds.
- Managed the regular weekly meeting with internal business users to discuss system issues, solutions, and gather requirements for new developments.
- Developed and supported customized energy trading Sungard Epsilon ETRM application for accounting group.
- Responsibility includes design, documentation and programming in PowerBuilder V9.0 with PowerBuilder PFC architecture on Oracle 9 database. Developed PL/SQL, packages, stored procedures, functions, and triggers in this system. Utilized PVCS Dimensions tool for software versioning control.
- Worked with front office traders and accounting department to create reports, verify trade values, and assist monthly accounting close process.
- As a manager role after the bankruptcy process, managed IT risk system group for different risk management systems under the difficult circumstance. Responsibilities include meeting with business users to gather critical reporting data specification, system requirements, system testing. Experienced in project scheduling, system implementation, project management, and coordinating deal data flow with other trading system groups.
- Designed and created a system interfaces with deal capturing systems and RightAngle application. Improved the system performance by SQL statements performance tuning/optimizer, hints, indexing database tables, and utilizing Oracle materialized view to achieve this goal.
- Coordinate activities of cross-functional teams to run daily batch jobs to load all trading deals into CAS.
- Worked closely with internal Credit Group users to resolve their daily requests and provided urgent research reports. It is implemented in PowerBuilder on Oracle database with Oracle PL/SQLs, stored procedures, packages, and triggers. Developed business reports in Power Object reporting tool.
- Designed, developed and maintained for Credit Aggregation System CAS ETRM, a Credit Risk management and Collateral management system. CAS is a client-server PowerBuilder application with PowerTool application architecture tool on Oracle database. CAS is used for managing and reporting the business counterparty summarized exposure amount, counterparty credit ratings S P, Moody,.. , collaterals and credit lines to support the Risk Assessment and Controls RAC business group and traders. This system captured and managed a multi-billion dollars portfolio of trading deals that included gas, power, liquids, lumber, metal, foreign exchanges, and other trading commodities. CAS captured millions record of deal data daily by scheduling jobs in Unix shell scripts, has all elements of credit exposure risk including physical and financial mark to market exposure risk, liquidated and settlement risk from deal entry energy trading systems to SAP AR/AP invoice phase.
- Designed, developed and maintained the global Customer Service System - GOLD. A system using PowerBuilder with Oracle database. It supports the daily global customer services.
- Conducted performance tuning tasks to improve the system performance by 80 and enhanced the quality of the application. Improved data integrity by using Oracle stored procedures and triggers.
- Provided consulting development and support services to major gas oil companies to develop client/server applications by using PowerBuilder, object architecture design, SQR reporting tool with Sybase DB.
- Provided technical application architecture supports, and PowerBuilder skills to lead developers in Gas Marketing and Gas Transmission development team to resolve their system questions and issues.
- Main projects involved:
Provided technical application architecture support, consulting, and PowerBuilder skills for Gas Marketing development team member to resolve their questions and issues.
Designed, developed and maintained the Gas Transmission systems by using PowerBuilder and SQR reporting tool with Sybase SQL server database. This is a pipeline scheduling, nomination, delivery, accounting, and physical transmission point management.
- Designed, developed and supported the Production Scheduling System by using PowerBuilder with Microsoft SQL Server database.
- Developed a manufacturing inventory control system VSR for Compaq manufacturing by using C, MS Assembly, and C-Worthy front-end tool. Managed Novell and Banyan networks.
- Responsibilities include SQL Server database administrator DBA for system installation, database administration, and system performance tuning.