I am seeking a position in which I could apply my twenty years of developing custom Oracle Database Applications in Windows and UNIX environments, as well as learn new skills. During my career in the Information Technology field, I have established a proven meticulous approach to problem solving, accuracy and ensuring data integrity. At your company I will exceed your requirements and contribute to the success of your organization. I am working towards an online Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems from DeVry University, with emphasis on Object Oriented Analysis and Design utilizing UML, .NET, and C .
Relational Database: Oracle 10g
Programming Languages: SQL, SQL Plus, SQL Loader, PL/SQL, Informix/SQL, C ,
Database Tools: Oracle Forms Developer Suite 10g, Oracle Warehouse
Builder, Oracle Wallet Manager, Oracle Enterprise Manager,
Other Skills: Excel, Word, VEDIT, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8,
ArcMap, ArcCatalog, XML, UNIX, Linux Kickstart, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft
Visual Studio, UML
- Maintained and provided user and programming support for mission essential Oracle 10g database web-enabled application.
- Interfaced with client user base to assess and analyze user requirements and resolve application related problems related to loading and verifying electronic data received from government agencies for preservation. Data was reviewed to identify formatting issues, corrupt data, and data type conversion errors.
- Created Oracle and Solaris user accounts, profiles, roles, and privileges.
- Performed reengineering tasks to maintain the Oracle application functionality and compatibility with new versions of Windows, Internet Explorer security settings, and IP address conversions from static to dynamic. Modified PL/SQL packages and procedures as necessary.
- Performed periodic shutdowns and startups for Sun Solaris database and Windows 2003 application servers.
- Maintained log to track from inception to closure user reported application or data verification issues.
Senior Software Engineer Confidential
- Used Oracle Warehouse Builder to load XML and ASCII test data into an Oracle 10g database application.
- Used Linux Kickstart configuration files to automate Red Hat/CentOS 4.5 installations, including post-installation tasks to create user accounts and groups, directories, privileges, and mounted file systems.
- Created host and host name mappings for Oracle Real Application Cluster RAC configuration.
- Created Oracle Certificate Authorities using Oracle Wallet Manager.
IT Specialist Confidential
- Provided programming support for the redesign and conversion of Geographic Names Information System GNIS data from Oracle 8 database into Oracle 10g. Conversion included writing SQL and SQL Loader scripts for reformatting and loading GNIS data into new 10g database table structures. Tested GNIS application to ensure correct functionality, and data completeness and accuracy.
- Converted and loaded data from multiple formats ASCII, Excel, GIS shape files , and multiple sources other Federal agencies, state and local governments, private companies, schools into GNIS Oracle database.
- Responded to GNIS customer inquiries, coordinated with data providers and technical support personnel to resolve data deficiencies, inaccuracies, and anomalies. Provided GNIS data to users in a variety of formats as requested including delimited ASCII files, Excel files, and GIS shape files.
- Used the ArcMap and ArcCatalog GIS tools to define coordinate systems, calculate coordinates, and maintain accuracy of GNIS latitude and longitude values.
- Provided HTML and web design support for the Eastern Region Geography ERG internal and public web pages. Modified the web pages functionality by adding pages containing links to related data sources, user response forms, and standardizing the page design formats.
- Provided Oracle Forms, Reports, SQL, and PL/SQL programming support for various applications, including writing triggers and packaged procedures.
- Used SQL to create tables, indexes, keys, sequences, views, and ad-hoc queries. Used SQL Plus to generate spooled formatted reports.
- Helped provide DBA support by creating user roles and privileges, database links, and granting user access to applications.
- Used dBase, DBXL, COBOL, C, and Informix/SQL to program various applications used by the Eastern Mapping Center of the National Mapping Division.
- Assisted in the writing of documentation for computer programs and application user's guides.