- Over 15 years of IT experience in Database Design and Development in Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2016/2019.
- Extensive knowledge on Microsoft SQL Server Architecture, Operations, and RDBMS concepts.
- Knowledge of Data Marts, Operational Data Stores (ODS), OLAP, Dimensional Data Modeling for FACT and Dimension Tables using the SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Excellent knowledge in report generating using Crystal Reports, SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Power BI and Excel spreadsheet.
- Expert in writing and tuning T - SQL queries in Microsoft SQL server 2005/2008/2012/2016/2019.
- In-depth Knowledge of DML, DDL and DCL.
- Extensive knowledge in creating indexed Views, complex Stored Procedures, and User Defined Functions for efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Excellent experience in developing Drill Down, Cascading, Parameterized, Drill through, Sub Reports, charts, dashboards using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the business users using SSRS and Power BI.
- Good knowledge of extracting, transforming and loading data using tools like SSIS (SQL server Integration Services), DTS Packages, Import Export data, Bulk Insert and BCP.
- Proficient in using SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Windows Performance Monitor for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server performance.
- Experienced in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule SSIS Packages.
- Experience in creating Semantic Models/Cubes (SSAS Tabular)
- Actively involved in system analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of project’s SDLC.
- Flexible and versatile to adapt to any new environment and work on multiple projects.
- A well-organized, goal-oriented, highly motivated effective team member with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
RDBMS: SQL Server, Sybase Enterprise 15, Access, and DB2
Languages: C#, T-SQL, Data Structures through C++, HTML, and XML
Development Skills: Transact SQL (T-SQL), SSRS, Power BI, SSAS Tabular Cubes, SSIS Packages
Reporting Tools: SSRS Reporting services, Power BI Reports, Excel, and Crystal Reports 10/9.0/8.0
Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio 2005/2010/ 2015/2017/2019 , SQL Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI Desktop, Power BI Report Server, Dev Ops, TFS, Atlassian Jira, HP ALM
ETL Tools: SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), DTS
Productivity Applications: Microsoft Office, Visio, ServiceNow, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Acrobat Reader/Writer
Data Modeling Tools: ERWIN, Visio
Operating Systems: Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP/7/8/10, MS DOS and Unix
Confidential, Pennsauken, NJ
- Created complex T-SQL Queries, stored procedures, views, indexes to support efficient data storage, manipulation and Metadata stats.
- Worked on troubleshooting production environment issues to analyze and fixes.
- Created and updated SSIS packages to resolve issues and for enhancement and new development.
- Conducted unit and integration testing of Data pipelines from various Sources to the Data Warehouse.
- Deployed SQL codes, SSIS packages, SSAS cubes into Production environment.
- Updated, refactored, and created new SQL Server Agent Jobs to automate processes.
- Interacted with Business Users and Analyzed user requirements for functionality enhancements.
Environment: Windows 10, Microsoft SQL Server 2016/2019, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Microsoft Visual Studio 2017/2019, Tableau 2020.3, Workday, Atlassian Jira v8.13.13
Confidential, Woodcliff Lake, NJ
SQL Server/BI Developer
- Participated in analysis, design and implementation of complex business processes into actionable information towards BI solutions for Data Warehouse and reporting.
- Interacted with Business Users and Analyzed user requirements and built reporting solutions such as relational database reports, OLAP reporting, dashboards and Power BI Reports.
- Created complex T-SQL Queries, stored procedures, views, functions, CTE's, indexes to support efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Created many database objects like Tables, views, indexes, functions, Stored Procedures using SQL Server Management Studio's Database engine.
- Deployed packages on development servers using ispac and environment variables and supported the operation team in deployment for higher environments like QA, Staging and Production.
- Deployed SSAS Tabular Cubes in development using Analysis Services Deployment Wizard and supported operation team for higher environments.
- Developed SSRS Reports, Power BI Reports, and Power View Reports using relational databases as well as Tabular Cubes as source.
- Participated implementing CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps.
- Involved in Azure Cloud Migration from On-Premises Servers.
- Helped in implementing Continuous Integration with Azure Pipelines.
- Participated in assessment of current architecture - objective performance row by row processing to set processing.
- Provided assessment on Power BI Service VS Power BI Reports Server.
- Involved in Performance Tuning of code using execution plan and SQL Profiler to add indexes to improve performance on tables.
- Helped implement security on Power BI Report Server by creating different roles.
- Updated Power BI Report Server Configuration file to adjust business requirements i.e., Export option limited to Excel only, Kerberos Delegation, hiding of unnecessary objects from Power BI Report Server etc.
- Created SQL Server Agent Jobs for Full and Incremental ETL Loads.
- Adjusted the execution flow of child packages in Master Packages where child packages could be run in parallel for faster load of data.
Environment: Windows 10, Microsoft SQL Server 2014/2016/2019 , SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Power BI Report Server Jan 2020, Azure SQL Server Managed Instance, Dev Ops, TFS, Microsoft Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019 , HP ALM and MS SharePoint Server 2016.
Confidential, White Plains, NY
SQL Server/BI Developer
- Developed and supported reports using Microsoft SSRS.
- Created new reports and modified existing data sets to accommodate new and changing reporting needs.
- Created parameterized reports, matrix reports, sub-reports, and drill down reports as per requirements and business needs.
- Gathered and analyzed data, identified invalid data, and helped ETL team members to map data correctly for reporting purposes.
- Used expressions to Calculate, Group, Filter, Parameterize, and Format the contents of the report
- Reviewed previously written stored procedures to better perform and enhance performance of queries/datasets used in reports.
Environment: Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008R2, MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2, MS SQL Server Integration Services 2008R2, Excel 2010
Confidential, Montvale, NJ
Senior SQL Developer
- Developed SSIS packages to load ServiceNow Application Data through Databus using stored procedures and SSIS packages into Staging and DataMart databases. Created SSIS packages, transformed data, validated data and created tables in both staging and data mart databases.
- Developed and supported SSRS Reports.
- Worked on measurements, identified and calculated measurements, KPIs for reporting.
- Created Dimension and Fact tables in both Staging and DataMart databases.
- Created SQL Agent Jobs and scheduled SSIS packages to run automatically every night to load data into staging tables and DataMart databases.
- Created technical documentations and work flows for ETL processes.
- Wrote stored procedures to truncate, load, and commit data from ServiceNow using Databus and into tables in Staging and Data Mart databases.
- Maintained technical documentation, such as data dictionary, run books and ticket documentation, provided information to support organizations such as the help desk and QA teams.
- Analyzed requirements identified and evaluated alternatives and presented the most efficient technical solution.
Environment: Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008 R2/ 2012, ServiceNow Fusion, Databus, MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2/ 2012, MS SQL Server Integration Services 2008R2/2012.
Confidential, Camp Hill, PA
SQL / SSRS Lead Developer
- Created SSRS reports and deployed them to the Report Server. Configured and maintained Report Manager and Report Server for SSRS.
- Identified and worked with parameters for parameterized reports in SSRS SQL server.
- Used expressions to Calculate, Group, Filter, Parameterize, and Format the contents of the report.
- Created Executive Dashboard Reports to graphically represent data and facts at a quick glance.
- Created drill down, drill through, functionality and charts reports.
- Crated Matrix Reports, Sub-Reports, Linked Reports and used gauges, graphs, charts, and indicators in Dashboard Reports.
- Tested all the solutions in all the environments including Dev, Integration, UAT, Training, Staging, and Production that I created and prepared the test cases, test results and observed most User Acceptance Tests.
- Gathered and analyzed requirements for all the support services performed. Created reports to retrieve data using stored procedures and T-SQL queries.
- Developed reports using SSRS and published in PDF, Excel, and CSV formats.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically. Responsible for Monitoring and Tuning Report performance by analyzing the execution plan of the report
- Used query plans to help optimize my queries and stored procedures.
- Used SQL Profiler to improve performance of stored procedures, ad hoc queries and new reports.
Environment: Windows 7, MS SQL Server 2008 R2/ 2012, IBM DB2, IBM Data Studio Version 18.104.22.168 Client, MS SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2/ 2012, MS SQL Server Integration Services 2008-R2, and Atlassian Jira V.6.0.8.