- Experience as architect 18 years, Architect, programmer analyst and Developer, Conceptual, logical and Physical modeling, development, testing, implementation and support. Performed the role of technical consultant, application DBA and successfully implemented high risk hands-on technical projects utilizing Enterprise Client /Server Methodology, On-line Transaction processing OLTP system, Batch Processing System and Decision Support System DSS .
- Designed adhoc reports and used analytical functions Cube rollup, rank etc . Designed, developed and implemented Oracle and its released software on the Sun Solaris, HP-UX and Windows NT environment. Logical and physical data modeling, development, testing, implementation, performance tuning.
- Data Modeling for RDBMS and Data warehouse STAR SCHEMA with conceptual/local/physical and slowly changing dimension effective dating structures.
- Developed / Reviewed BRD/FRD for various applications.
- Designed and invoked SOA Service Oriented Architecture using WebServices. Write stored procedure using PL/SQL used latest features PL/SQL T-SQL. Load and extract XML documents using Oracle XML.
- Designed SOA infrastructure MDM data grid.
- Informatica for Extract, Transform and Loading ETL activities in a Data Warehouse environment.
- Created reports using Oracle Reports 6i, Crystal Reports, SQR, Query Builder 6.05 and Oracle Discoverer.
- Tuning of Back End Applications, Batch Programs written In Pro C Cost Based Optimization Using Hints I.E. Indexes, Use NL, Use Merge, Ordered, Full, Rowid Etc. .
- Designed and implemented data warehousing projects, system and business analysis, data quality management, data warehouse assessment dimensional/data modeling ETL framework design architecting BI solution, report breakdown to facilitate data modeling and ETL design.
- Knowledge of Financial products like Derivatives, Liquidity, Prime Brokerage, Asset Liabilities, Custodian banks.
- Well Conversant with SDLC, Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Developed scripts in UNIX HP-UX, Sun-OS, AIX Shell scripting Korn and C shells , VAX/VMS DCL Scripts, and batch job processing / scheduling.
- Development of GAP analysis for IT systems across organizations to help in merge / stay decisions.
- Developed the application per the directions of top management and interact with end users to accomplish the new application and to bridge the business process with Users and Technical DBA/ Architects. Used ERWIN, ERSTUDIO, VISIO, Power Designer for Data modeling.
- Database modeling using the popular modeling software tools. In depth knowledge of Oracle Clinical, Clinical trials, Research data and Assay registrations.
- Exposure to Trades, Swaps, Equities, Derivatives, Fixed Assets, Collaterals etc.
- Back-End development skills and experience in SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Plus, Oracle's Standard DBMS Packages. Extensive Experience in Tuning SQL, PL/SQL, Database .
- Justification and solution architecting across cross functional teams and collaborating with Arch. Rev Board for design/ development/ implementation.
- Develop short term and long term solutions to production or adhoc problems.
- Assess and decommission short term or time bound solutions as the scalable and long term processes / solutions coming up.
- Initiate / design/ develop POC Proof of Concept where required as suggested by top management and ARB.
- Involve with ARB arch. Review Board to assess the POC, identify conceivable concepts.
- Oracle RAC Real Application Cluster for clustering and high availability in Oracle database environments.
- DBA activities like user creation and maintenance, export and import utilities, rollback segments and redolog Buffer, undo management, backups/restore, trouble shoot and fix etc.
- Backup/ moving schemas from one database to another using Oracle export/import utility.
- Data extraction ETL , data migration, data-warehouse data-mart and imaging applications.
- Analyze the business problem, logical / conceptual/ physical database design, create reports using Oracle Reports 6i, 9i, Query Builder 6.05 and Oracle Discoverer.
- MDM Data Logic, Profiling , arbitration and formulation policies and procedures as data preparation to MDM.
- MDM in Financial business and enforcement to downstream applications.
- MDM in Pharmaceutical Applications in regulatory and Compliance environment adhering to CFR Part21 compliances.
- Experience in MS BI SSRS, SSAS , IBM Cognos SAS
- Wrote stored procedures using PL/SQL Pragma Autonomous Transaction, VPD virtual private database , and materialized views. Used PVCS Manager for source code maintenance Check-in and Check-out, merge etc .
- Managed development and supported teams of 4 to 12 team members and work with strict deadlines both onsite and offshore.
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, SQL Plus, Korn and C shell scripts, C, Pro C, AWK, VAX-C, VAX/DCL, CMS, Pvcs.
Database: Oracle v8i/9i/10g Oracle v8iASMS Access, Actuate.
Application Server: Oracle 8i/9i/10g Application Server
Shells: Bourne, Kron, C shell, PERL
Operating System: Sun-OS 5.6/5.8, AIX 4.1, HP-UX 9.0/10.2, Windows 98/NT/XP
Hardware: Sun Solaris/SPARC/ Enterprise Systems, HP9000, Sun 4500, RS6000, HCL Metro1x, Sun Workstations and IBM and Compatible PCs
Tools: ERwin, Designer 2000, Business Objects, COGNOS, Informatica, Microsoft Office Suite. Autosys
Knowledge in : NoSQL, Netezza, Exadata , Informatica MDM Siperion etc, Hadoop Bigdata.
Senior/Lead Database / Solution Architect
- Data architect for compliance implementations such as Dodd Frank, and liquidity risk assessment , data warehouse
- Architecture and development Dodd Frank Compliance solutions for derivative reforms of GE Capital.
- Data modeling and data feed/tracking to DTCC.
- Designed and developed critical transaction data capture from remote location in interval of 15 mins using MVs and decommissioned the trigger based approach.
- Modularized the processes using oracle Packages/procedures / functions. Such that interface and front end
Applications will function resource efficient.
- Developed oracle packages/procs to interact with Java applications.
- Development of Alert and error handling to DTCC errors and processes Dodd Frank compliance .
- Migration of Global Banks Euro to treasury systems for reporting and risk assessments.
- MDM flows and interface to downstream systems.
- MDM Data preparation and discussions across teams for conflicts resolution.
- Data steward committee, data governance, data profiling for MDM and Data Warehouse concepts and practices.
- Proof of concept for Data governance and profiling issues where required to evaluate compliance and Reporting.
- Study, analyze and implement derivatives reforms of GE Capital and its allies Global Banks .
- Enhanced and implemented Risk based systems and overall IT reporting for Dodd Frank compliance.
- Working with functional analyst and business analyst in identifying the data points for OFSAA.
- Discussing with functional analyst and data governance team where required for compliance issues.
- Providing logical connectivity across functional, business, development and data stewart committees of OFSAA.
- Developing scripts and procs for functional analyst and PM/sme of various groups to conclude with OFSAA on data.
- Demonstrating POC for data steward / OFSAA functional teams for consistency for data revealation/ interface needs.
- Involving with Reporting and downstream applications for decisions on reports from OFSAA.
- Involved in BI interface discussions with OFSAA.
- Identifying and working on liquidity migration to OFSAA.
- Identifying the Third Party Debt data interface securitization , borrowings data sets for OFSAA.
- Involved with functional team in setting up the rules engine for OFSAA .
- Development and implementation of Access Layer for Liquidity operations.
- Involved in data architecting and reporting of third party debt data to GE Capital system.
- Designed adhoc reports and used analytical functions Cube rollup, rank etc . Used Pl/SQL ETL development.
- Code review and logic simplifications for ETL developers. Developed specifications of ETL and modifications of DMS data mapping specifications .
- Development of Stored Procedures, Functions, views, materialized views to implement solutions.
- Development of DFDs, project plans, impact analysis, Func specifications.
- Collaborate within and across teams for design/development/execution/deployments. Monitor/interact/guide off-shore teams for day-to-day project plans/issues and process handshakes to continue the activities 24X7.
- Working with Business department understand their need and Implementing the required solutions
- Designed/developed ETL specifications and design and implementation of DMS for core competent team.
- Redesigned / developed / enhanced mappings In oracle warehouse builder.
- Involved in adhoc query for liquidation BA/FA using Oracle
- Prioritize release and enhance project scopes where required. MDM interface and data mart development specific to application. Database performance tuning of SQL queries, database server parameters.
- Troubleshoot database issues in UAT and production environments.
- Design and implement backup strategy for trade based data from Global bank for Dodd-Frank compliance.
- Monitor and collaborate within team and across-team for integration/ resolution and overall enhancement of big picture resolution. Provide technical expertise to the development team.
- Explore issues/improvements in data integrity, data cleansing /data scrubbing, data governance, data quality based on end user issues and day-to-day data loads to dimensions.
- Development of Data Mapping specification. Tuning Oracle SQL queries to improve performance.
- Accomplished overall SLA and performance by partitioning the database.
- Created materialized views to isolate the dependency of systems and accomplishing data integrity.
- Improve the query performances of bad SQLs and delayed queries in applications for batch and reporting applications. Developed Star/Snow-Flake schemas.
- Own projects and artifacts, communication meetings and group address to maintain team progress and discuss release dates.
- Design and development of Short term and Long term Solution designs and decommissioning policies.
- Initiation of an Access Layer where domain difference exists in regular DWH.
- Creating Access Layer for downstream applications where required and providing data interfaces from secured sources.
- Sequencing and controlling releases to avoid conflicts and systemic interface across systems, taking care of cross functional anomalies.
- Segregating Trade, Collateral, and Debt interfaces.
- MDM flows and interface to downstream systems.
- MDM Data preparation and discussions across teams for conflicts resolution.
- Demonstrate the Process using POC where required for higher management for concept clarification on major decisions.
- Steward with ARB Architectural Review Board to access and enforce enterprise wide strategies,assessability and scalability etc.
- Interacting with data governance teams for establishing data integrity across interfaces.
- Schedule and monitor Oracle jobs. Interact with functional teams to resolve interface/performance issues.
- Work with business department, understand their need and implement the required solutions.
- Responsible for delivery artifacts and resolution on all architectural issues.
- Unix scripts to set up processes at OS level and to invoke oracle procs for adhoc queries etc.
- Resolution of issues across development/BA/end users/QA/UAT/Functional/DBA teams for all Architectural issues.
- Tuning Oracle SQL Queries to improve performance. And architectural modification to gain efficiency.
Environment: Sun Solaris , Oracle 10g/11g, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, ERWin 7.5/8.5/9, Oracle Scheduler, OWB11g,TOAD, Informatica, PERL,SVN
UNIX/Windows NT/2000/XP, AIX/Linux, HP Quality Center
Lead Database architect /Team Lead
- Developed project plan using SOP Standard Operating Procedure for the planning, executing, deployment of project specific processes.
- Migrations in Oracle from different versions. Conducted migration assessment for application/ architecture/ infrastructure/production support issues.
- Logical and physical database design using Erwin. Developed DFDs, project plans, functional specifications and discussed with in and across teams for design/development/execution/deployments and consistencies.
- Re-architected the business where required. Developed short term and long term process flow for business.
- Designed adhoc reports and used analytical functions. Improved query performances of Bad SQL's and delayed queries in applications, for batch and reporting applications.
- Developed Star/Snow-Flake Schemas. Led ETL/Oracle and reviewed Cognos reports to justify/verify they met business needs. Responsible for data mappings and maintained consistency across applications.
- Scheduled and monitored Oracle jobs. Interacted with WebLogic teams for task orchestration and process scheduling and monitored tasks. Interacted with functional teams to resolve interface/performance issues.
- Worked with business department to understand their need and implement the required solutions.
- Developed SOA Service Oriented architecture for position/ asset class processing for end user / integration testing. Point of contact between UAT phase and business and the technology team.
- Explored issues / improvements in Data integrity, Data cleansing /Data scrubbing, Data governance, Data Quality based on end user issues and day-to-day data loads to dimensions.
- Responsible for Data Mapping/Data Transformation, Data Profiling / quality issues and reports for Business users and short term/long term fixes.
- Development of Oracle Reports using report writer and other utilities.
- Responsible for delivery artifacts and resolution on all architectural issues.
- Resolution of issues across development/BA/end users/QA/UAT/Functional/DBA teams for all Architectural issues
- Enhancement of Mappings for Margin application using OWB.
- Provided technical expertise to the development team. Tuned Oracle SQL Queries to improve performance.
- Application Rollout and maintained sequence and orderly deployment from Development to QA to UAT/ Production.
- Maintained SharePoint for Project related documents and issued logs and monitored user questions follow-ups.
Environment: Oracle 10g/11g, PL/SQL, SQL Loader, SharePoint, Oracle Scheduler, OWB 11,TOAD, UNIX/Windows NT/2000/XP, Erwin, Linux, HP Quality Center, Informatica 7.x/8 , TeraData, SSIS,SSRS, rational clear case, Visio.
Lead Database Architect / Team Lead
- Lead Developer for modification / enhancement and migration of Regulatory Adverse Event System to existing production system with minimum impact in business changes and functionality.
- Logical and physical design of Regulatory Contact Tracking System. Re-architected the DW schema to cater new data feeds and to supplement reporting system as required.
- MDM conceptual and Logical implementation for Dossier, Products, Chemical compositions,therapeutic, Doses, AE Questions ETC.
- POC for AE and documentum data sources RegAE applications. MDM evaluations and data profiling
- Evaluation of MDM solution in compliance/ regulatory environment in QA/UAT/Pre-prod.
- Project plan development using SOP Standard Operating Procedure for the planning, executing, deployment of project specific processes.
- Developed SQL, PL/SQL Packages, Procedures and functions to establish business rules.
- Developed short term and long term process flow for business. Developed migration methodologies working closely with business users.
- Improved the query performances of bad SQL's and delayed queries in legacy applications.
- Improved performances of batch jobs and adhoc queries for France HQ users for overnight batch jobs to acquire data before the business day in US to accomplish time threshold.
- Interacted with DBA and SA's t for design changes and resource allocations.
- Explored new methods to improve performance of batch jobs. Scheduled and monitored Oracle jobs.
- Created and maintained partitions, materialized views security and support of applications.
- Lead the Data Stewart team for identifying and guiding the business for migration / enhancement of regulatory validations and compliances.
- Responsible for production support and short term patch development and enhance the module.
- Developed patches to production problems reported. Software operational disclosure to users wherever needed.
- Developed Proof of concept for bad / redundant data in regulatory / compliance environment.
- Developed Oracle queries and procedures to determine bad, redundant data and identified bad data for the end users.
Environment: Java, .Net, Web-Methods Oracle 10g, SQL Server, PL/SQL, Oracle ware house builder, Informatica 7.x, UNIX/ Windows NT/2000/XP, ERwin, Perl, Pro C, SAS
Lead Database Developer /Data Architect
- Developed process/data flow diagrams, Data Modeling. Logical and physical design of Sales Force automation / Data warehouse.
- MDM concept, Logical and Physical Design for Sales force Automation Project Physician Data. Sales Rep Data, Medical Notes data.Etc.
- Developed in house Data profiling strategy for Physician/sales rep data for warehouse.
- MDM solution for Physician sales rep and patient profiling data sets.
- Developed VPD for sales rep security based reports.
- Developed SQL, PL/SQL packages, procedures and functions to establish business rules for the WEBSFA application and to validate SFA terminologies and hierarchy of business for field managers and research analysts of field forces.
- Designed and developed batch processes for the Corp/Site/Physician Loads using UNIX shells. Data to and from the vendor to Novartis database.
- Improved the query performances of Bad SQLs and delayed queries in Legacy applications.
- Adhoc query for BI report generation for Market analysis and SFA analysis.
- Developed Inbound and Outbound Data interface using Perl. Enhanced Perl Application for SFA data Load formats and incorporated Oracle. Procedure calls for data load and report generation for adhoc queries.
- Improved performances of batch jobs and adhoc queries for Basel HQ users for overnight batch jobs to acquire data before the business day in US to accomplish time threshold.
- Explored new methods to improve performance of batch jobs. Created and maintained partitions, materialized views security and support of applications.
- Production support and short term patch development and enhanced the module.
- Developed Oracle queries and procedures to determine bad data. Received and affected in the databases for physician and sales information.
- Data Integrity between Seible Database CRM Database and Sales force Automation databases and targeting - alignment databases. Developed procedures and packages to send emails and notify the issues of concern/data to program leads and business heads to resolve data inconsistencies.
- Scheduled and monitored Oracle jobs. Adopted new methodologies to fine tune queries and guide to the team.
- Optimized queries and performance. Updated C/C Legacy Applications to augment the new features.
- Involved with DBAs to resolve issues, capacity planning and partitioning also involved with DBA and architect for resolving application/issues queries/questions.
- Conceptual / Logical and physical design of Trimester to Semester conversion of sales application.
- Design and Load processes for IMS data.
Environment: PL/SQL,SQL Loader, UNIX - Shell , Erwin, Sun 6.0, Oracle, 9i/10g, Perl, Oracle warehouse builder OWB , Pro C, SAS, SQL Loader, External Tables, Materialized Views, Table, Sun Solaris, 8.0.5, Toad. ERWin, SQR.
Lead Database Developer/Architect
- Data Architect and data modeling for design, and maintenance of Data Warehouse application specific to insurance claim reporting database. Re-Architected to enhance and to allocate merger resolution of business.
- Developed GAP Analysis across the companies for reporting systems evaluation and recommendation.
- Analysis and end user interaction to develop enhancement specification to reclaiming system.
- Developed SQL, PL/SQL Packages, Procedures and functions to establish and enhance business rules and to validate Manual Match Process and Reports.
- Developed Adhoc Queries for Sr.Management for sales analysis and performance index strategic analysis effort. Business rules and to validate Fee Negotiation Process and Reports.
- Involved in development and simplification and batch runs and adhoc reports.
- Improved query performances in 10g improving performances of Bad SQL's and delayed queries and support of adhoc query management for entire Application.
- Modified/enhanced applications for Cross company consistencies merger . Created and maintained partitions for project consistencies and to cater volume stripping.
- Data Partitioning, indexing and query performances to cater management and business users for insurance products/claims based on demographics, groups / accounts/ products / plans, enrollment and benefits.
- Explored new methods to improve performance of batch jobs. Optimized queries and performance.
- Created Virtual Private Database for application security. Responsible for Database and application.
Environment: PL/SQL, SQL Loader, Toad, UNIX- Shell, ErStudio, Sun solaris6.0, Oracle 9i/10g, Perl, Windows NT/2000, Pro C, shell scripts, SSIS,SSRS,SQL loader