SQL Database Administrator / Developer
SQL Server/FoxPro DBA with training in SSIS,SSRS, SSAS, and BIDS. Fast-learning, independent problem-solver and troubleshooter simultaneously handling multiple projects.
MSSQL Server 2005 MSSQL Server 2008 R2SSIS SSRS
SSAS FoxPro Database BarTenderCrystal Report
Windows Server 2003 Windows Server 2008 R2Visual Studio SmartDraw
HP Extreme DialogueWindows XP/Vista/7MS OfficeBIDS
DATABASE AND WMS MANAGEMENT
- Charged with supporting and troubleshooting a FoxPro custom WMS and accounting database system, including archiving, backup and recovery, and performance tuning. Also administered an SQL Server 2005 installation.
- Migration of all systems to Microsoft Dynamics and Accellos WMS running on SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition. Duties included data analysis, SSIS packages, warehouse bin labeling, Back up and DR recovery plans, and documentation of new servers/computers.
- SQL Server Duties include daily monitoring of SQL Server, server documentation, testing of backups for reliability, scheduling maintenance windows, setting up ad hoc queries, creating views, managing permissions, creating monitoring and maintenance jobs, importing and exporting data, creating tables and indexes, data encryption, and query optimization.
- Increased productivity in warehouse transfers from stock to pick with a custom move system integrated into the WMS.
PROBLEM-SOLVING AND TROUBLESHOOTING
- Troubleshot new and recurring problems and provided on-going technical support to our custom FoxPro WMS.
- Developed and created a warehouse blueprint for current and new WMS, including zones and locations.
- Slashed time spent correcting warehouse shipping errors by 50 compiling script that embodies multiple years' troubleshooting and problem-solving experience.
- Developed and maintained custom reports using Visual FoxPro and SQL Server despite lack of formal training.
- Wrote custom applications to automate shipping error solutions and created and tested label printing solutions using Zebra printing language and integrated them into our WMS.
- Developed custom database import program for sales received in spreadsheet form and integrated it into our accounting system.
- Reconfigured production database for EDI data import and automated maintenance and notifications.
- Served as Application Developer using HP Extreme Dialogue 6.1, 4.415, 40032.
- Pre-process original files from print image, XML, Data Records, PDF to a usable format.
- Created reusable messages with global scope.
- Created formulas based upon Business Rules to produce desired outputs.
- Utilized First Logic A.C.E. address correction software to process mailing and remit address before final output.
- Updated PostNet Barcodes.
- Multiple Output Queues developed for Simplex/Duplex PDF, Meta-Code, or PostScript production.
- Carpenters and Joiners
- Projects in Des Moines and surrounding area:
- Sullivan Center Mercy College of Health Sciences Des Moines, Iowa
- Worked with architects, project manager, and building inspector on complete installation of doors, door
- hardware, and bathroom partitions and accessories. Supervised up to six employees.
- Helzberg Diamonds Merle Hay Mall Des Moines, Iowa
- Worked with general contractor on complete renovation from floor to ceiling. Coordinated deliveries and work
- with mall manager. Supervised up to six employees.