- Having around 7 years of IT experience in Microsoft Technologies SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008which includes Administration, System Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Security and Support in Microsoft Database Technologies.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC .
- Experienced in using the SQL Server 2008 Business Intelligence Development Studio BIDS
- Expert in using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio SSMS .
- Expertise in writing T-SQL DDL, DML queries, stored procedures, database triggers and exception handlers.
- Experience in Normalization and De-Normalization techniques
- Expertise in Performance tuning of stored procedures and slowly running queries
- Excellent in MS SQL Server business intelligence tools SSIS, SSRS and SSAS.
- Involved in creation and debugging of Complex SSIS packages using different kinds of sources and destinations.
- Knowledge of relational and multi dimensional database schemas.
- Having good knowledge on creation and scheduling of SQL server agent jobs to run daily ETL'sT-SQL Design Development
- Experienced in upgrading DTS packages to SSIS 2005, 2008 and 2008R2, 2012Packages
- Experienced in extraction migration of data from heterogeneous data sources like Excel, MS Access, Oracle, DB2 to MS SQL Server by using import/export Wizard, DTS/SSIS and Bulk Insert utilities.
- Expert in writing c scripts needed in SSIS transformations.
- Experience in Data migration using DTS and Integration Services across different databases like Oracle, MS Access and Flat Files.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, and Database Consistency Checks using DBCC Utilities.
- Experienced in performing Incremental Loads and Data cleaning in SSIS.
- Experience in providing logging, error handling by using event handler and custom logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in performance tuning in SSIS packages by using row transformations, block and unblock Transformations
- Experience in scheduling and monitoring ETL processes using SQL Server Agent jobs, DTS Exec utilities and batch files.
- Extensively used control data flow transformations like OLEDB command, execute SQL task, sequence container, derived column, conditional split, lookup and script component task etc.,
- Expert in generating drill down reports, parameterized reports, linked reports, sub reports, filters, charts using SQL Server Reporting Services, MS Excel.
- Experienced in creating Ad-hoc reports, Drill Through reports using Local and Global Variables, Expressions and Filters in SSRS.
- Experienced in using global variables, expressions and functions for the reports.
- Supported Large Databases up to a size of 2 Terabytes.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written and pleasing interpersonal skills.
- An enthusiastic and goal-oriented team player possessing excellent communication, interpersonal skills with good work ethics
Windows 8/7/98/NT/2000/XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, UNIX,LINUX
MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008R2/2012, Oracle 10g/11g, MS-Access
SQL Server Tools
Management Studio SSMS , Business Intelligence Development Studio BIDS , Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Profiler, Performance Monitor, Database Tuning Wizard
Transact SQL T-SQL , PL/SQL,C, C , Java, Jscript, XML, Asp.Net
MS Internet Information Server, Apache.
Team Foundation Server TFS2010
SQL Server Developer/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Involved in translating business requirements into technical design specifications.
- Followed the different phases of Data Warehouse development lifecycle converting business requirements to logical design and translation to physical design
- Designed and implemented stored procedures, views and triggers for automating tasks in TSQL.
- Created permanent tables, temporary tables, variables and indexes.
- Created Complex Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, and Alter, Insert Update statements for the User Interface, Reports and SSIS Packages.
- Used Query Profiler to optimize SQL queries.
- Involved in the tuning of the existing Database Objects.
- Developed and tested ETL Packages using SQL Server 2012 Business Intelligence Development tools.
- Developed ETL jobs to load information into Data Warehouse from different relational databases and flat files.
- Designed and developed various SSIS packages to import data from Excel and Flat files to SQL Server 2012/2008 R2.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as derived column, conditional split, data conversion, OLEDB command etc.
- Configured SQL Server Agent to run the ETL jobs as per the required schedules.
- Designed and deployed various complex reports using MS SQL Reporting Services.
- Developed various types of reports as Drill Down, Drill Through, tabular, chart reports etc. with SSRS.
- Created subscriptions for the reports in SSRS.
- Involved in Designing and deploying cubes in SSAS environment using Star Schema Designs.
- Involved in Rebuilding Partitions for cubes.
- Involved in writing scripts and transactions to manipulate data in the database.
- Involved in the technical review of SQL code with peers and design review with end-user audience.
- Involved in documentation of Reports, SSIS Packages, Tables, Stored Procedures, and User Defined Functions etc.
Environment: MS SQL server 2012/2008R2, Windows 7, SQL server management studio, Business intelligence studio, SQL Server Export and Import, Visual Studio 2010, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, MS office 2010, Team Foundation Server, BMC Management Tool.
SQL Server /MSBI Developer
- Migrated data from Heterogeneous data Sources and legacy system DB2, Access, Excel to centralized SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services SSIS to overcome transformation constraints.
- Designed complex SSIS packages for data transfer from different sources to SQL Server 2008 R2.
- Implemented data views and control tools for guarantee data transformation using SSIS.
- Extensively worked on SCD transformation in SSIS package.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, lookup which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Developed and deployed data transfers packages to the appropriate destinations using SSIS.
- Created Jobs, Alerts for SSIS Packages created
- Used SQL Mail Agent to schedule SSIS Packages mail jobs.
- Created SQL server configurations for SSIS packages.
- Successfully deployed SSIS packages with defined security.
- Responsible for creating reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2008.
- Involved to writing complex T-SQL queries for generating reports.
- Identified the database tables for defining queries to generate reports for analysis of data using SQL Server Reporting Services in Report Builder.
- Defined the report layout and identified Datasets for the report generation.
- Created different type of reports including Cross-tab, Drill-down, Sub reports and parameterized reports.
- Generated reports on employee information, department information, performance reports using ad-hoc reporting to be used by the clients and advisors.
- Created number of complex formulae in sub report.
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically.
- Developed, implemented and maintained various database objects such as Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes and Views.
- Performance tuning of SQL queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and
- Performed development support, document reviews, test plan, integration of the system.
Environment: Windows XP/07, MS SQL Server 2008 R2, Business Intelligence Studio, MS SQL Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, MS excel, Visual Studio 2010, Team Foundation Server.
SQL Server Developer/MSBI Developer
- Extensively worked with the Business Users gathering their requirements and actively cataloguing and supporting various issues and providing their solution.
- Designed and implemented complex SSIS package to migrate data from multiple data sources for data analysing and transferring the data from different systems.
- Used linked server to access the objects from the Oracle data source for the mapping of source tables to destination tables.
- Experienced in generating reports like matrix, parameterized and drill through reports using SSRS.
- Based on the required reports, identified various data sources and established the connections using SSIS and constructed data source view
- For the users automation exported the SQL Database to Access and migrated the Access Database from users into SQL 2005
- Used SharePoint for deploying .rdl files and uploading of the internal business documents.
- Designed Partitions in Cubes on time for improvement in performance using SSAS.
- Published reports on to Share-Point and created Web Parts in Share-Point to show various reports generated from Excel and SSRS in one Page.
- Created web forms using .NET components, on share-point to show live data from underlying data-sources like SQL Server to Clients enabling them to edit the data and update the data in the underlying data-sources and allowing the users to insert data into the underlying data-sources.
- Experience in developing Life Cycle using Agile Methodology.
- Experience in optimization of queries, improving the performance and maintaining the database consistency with DBCC at regular intervals.
- Supported the front application developers for queries for development hierarchies, file upload and validations using ASP. Net.
- Extensively used T-SQL statements and created multidimensional cubes for the analyser and used pivot table to help the end-user get familiar with cube.
- Created the structure of the model and cube in SSAS and reviewed Cube with end user and changed the cube and documentation according to their requirements.
- Used indexes to enhance the performance of individual queries and enhance the stored procedures.
- Provided information and assistance to the database administrator on physical models, setup and maintenance of database.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Studio 2008, Visual Studio 2010, BMC Management Tool.
SQL Server Developer/MSBI Report Developer
- Based on business requirement, developed the Complex SQL queries with Joins and T-SQL, Stored procedure, Views, Trigger to implement the business rules and transformations.
- Worked on SSIS for transferring data from Heterogeneous Data format to SQL Server.
- Responsible for designing and maintaining a wide variety of daily, weekly, and monthly financial and analytical reports used by different departments within the company.
- Responsible for making sure reports are scheduled and delivered in a timely manner
- Designed reports using proper text formatting, report headers and footers, and page size to allow for printable reports.
- Created ad Hoc and parameterized reports using SQL server 2005 reporting Services with data from SQL Server as data source
- Scheduling reports using Reporting services to e-mail with an attachment in the desired format of report to the top management.
- Designed and built the dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Microsoft SQL server 2005, Business Intelligence Studio 2008, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visual Studio, VB.net
MS SQL Server Developer
- Creation, manipulation and supporting the SQL Server databases.
- Involved in the Physical and Logical Design of Database
- Created tables, indexes, sequences, constraints, triggers and procedures.
- Stored procedures and triggers were used to implement business rules.
- Helped in integration of the front end with the SQL Server backend.
- Configured Exchange Server for sending automatic mails to the respective people when a job failed or succeed
- Used DDL and DML for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Transferred data from flat files, Excel spreadsheets and heterogeneous data to SQL Server using DTS and also used Bulk Insert.
- Created documentation as required.
- Performance tuning, and optimization of procedures and queries.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of entity relationship diagrams
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2000, Windows 2000/NT/XP, DTS, T-SQL, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler and Enterprise Manager