- A skilled software professional with 8 plus years of industry experience in design, development and implementation of business requirements with Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/ 2008/2005 database system in client/server environment.
- Domain expertise in Technology Salvage Auto Auctions, Consulting, Transportation, Banking, Financial and Communications.
- Expert level skills in Data Mapping, Table Normalization, Optimization and Performance Tuning.
- Expert in writing T-SQL queries with DDL and DML commands, complex stored procedures, indexes, triggers and views.
- Expert in handling Source Control tools like Visual Source Safe VSS and Team Foundation Server TFS .
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Worked extensively on system analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of projects in Software Development Life Cycle SDLC .
BI Reporting SSRS :
- Experience in developing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS in share point integrated mode and ad hoc reports using Report Builder 3.0
- Developed Scorecards with advance set of dashboards using different Business Intelligence tools such as ProClarity and Performance Point Server.
- Creating various types of reports like Drill Down, Drill Through, Parameterized, Ad hoc and Cascaded Parameterized.
- Expert skills in handling different Data warehousing methodologies such as Bill Inmon Top Down design and Ralph Kimball Bottom-up design .
- Experience in Online Analysis Processing OLAP , created cubes, dimensions, partitions and perspectives.
- Worked on the data warehouse design and analyzed various approaches for maintaining different dimensions and facts in the process of building a data warehousing application.
ETL Development SSIS :
- Experience in developing, deploying and monitoring packages for ETL tasks using SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , DTS Import/Export Utility, DTS packages.
- Followed the Microsoft recommended best strategies in designing, developing, and implementation and testing of the ETL using SQL Server Integration Services SSIS .
- Expert in providing logging, error handling by using event handler and break points for SSIS packages.
- Migrated organization orders, adjustments, objectives and data in various formats like text based files excel spreadsheets, to SQL Server databases using SSIS to overcome the transformation constraints.
- Experience in handling Performance Tuning of SSIS using Horizontal Partitioning and Vertical Partitioning.
- Experienced in monitoring and scheduling ETL processes using DTS EXEC utilities and batch files.
- Excellent hands on experience in scheduling SQL Server Agent Jobs for database Backups, Restoration and Disaster Recovery Procedures and implementing Backup strategies.
- Created and administered all SQL Server databases, objects, logins, users, and permissions in each registered server.
- Played an important role in improving efficiency in databases including re-indexing, updating statistics, recompiling stored procedures and performing other maintenance tasks.
- Highly committed, motivated and a natural team player with strong analytical ability.
Microsoft Windows8/ Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/95/98/NT , MAC OSX, Linux, Unix
MS SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/2008/2005/2000, MS ACCESS 97/2000,Oracle
SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, Share Point Server, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2008
Data Transformation Services DTS , SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , Import/Export Data, Bulk Copy Program BCP
SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , Report Builder 3.0, , SAP Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1
TSQL, PLSQL,C,C , VB Script, MDX
Role: SQL Server Developer/DBA SSIS/SSRS/SSAS
- Designed complex T-SQL queries, User Defined Functions Stored Procedures and Triggers in SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 followed by analysis and testing of those database objects before deployment to the production server.
- Writing complex stored procedures and User defined functions and enforced business rules via Checks and Constraints
- Involved in Data Modeling to develop the database design using Erwin and created database diagram in MS Visio and SQL Server Management Studio SSMS 2012/2008/2005 .
- Identified, tested, and resolved performance issues of poorly running queries and performance of database itself by using Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler, and Query Analyzer. Also monitored Deadlocks in SQL server using SQL Server Profile in SQL Server 2012/2008/2005.
- Updated the statistics info and managed Clustered and Non-Clustered Indices for improved database performance.
- Used SQL Server Integration Services SSIS2012/2008/2005 as an ETL Tool and created packages for the extraction of data from disparate sources SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel Source files, XML Files etc and loaded the data into target tables by performing data validation and cleansing using various transformations.
- Well versed with different components of SSIS Control Flow, Data Flow and Connection Manager while extensively using different kinds of Containers, Control Flow Tasks and various Transformations under data flow tasks.
- Created Master SSIS packages in order to execute a set of packages on a timely basis and deployed those packages using Manifest Files and Import/Export Wizard so that the packages were available for use to other team members
- Highly experienced in undertaking various tasks like Active-X Script task, Script Task, FTP Task, File System Task, Execute Process Task, Send Mail Task, Bulk Insert Task etc.
- Created, updated and maintained ETL Technical Documentation for future reference by other team members.
- Employed many Slowly Changing Dimension methodologies to maintain and update historical data.
- Worked with SQL Server Agent to create the job and monitor closely for job run.
- Created on Power Pivot reports/Power View using SQL Server As data Source.
- Data Consistency and Data Integrity by applying various constraints like Primary Key, Foreign Key, Unique, Check, and Default.
- Used SSRS Reporting services SSRS 2012/2008 to write complex formulas and to query database to generate different types of reports Drill Down, Drill Through, Linked, Sub-reports, and Parameterized for Business Intelligence.
- Migrated and recreated existing dimensions and cubes using star schema on SQL Server to achieve the efficiency of SQL Server Analysis Server SSAS .
- Created SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs.
Environment: MS SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, TFS, MS Visio, SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/2005, ProClarity, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, MS PPS 2007 ,MS Office 2010. Windows XP .Net Framework 3.0/3.5, C , ASP.Net. Team Foundation Server TFS , SQL Server Profiler, SAP Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1
MS SQL Developer/SSIS Developer
- Co-ordinated with the functional team to gather the requirements from business users for designing various types of reports as per the business needs.
- Advanced extensible reporting skills using SQL Server 2008/2005 Reporting Services.
- Developed various types of complex reports like Drill Down, Drill through, Cross tab reports using SSRS 2005/2008 and Oracle Discoverer.
- Involved in scheduling, creating snapshots, creating report subscriptions and data driven subscriptions using SSRS 2008.
- Involved in designing high level dashboards according to business requirement using SSRS 2005.
- Developed reports from the OLAP cubes using Performance Point Server and SSRS.
- Expertly handled the performance tuning of critical reports and also managed security model of the reports.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs and performed different kinds of transformations using SSIS.
- Scheduling the SSIS packages and Jobs
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate slowly changing dimensions
- Created many SSIS packages using Import/Export Wizard. Designed many Packages using SSIS Designer by using Control Flow and Data Flow Tasks with ETL Tool.
- Involved in re-design, re-code, and deploy new data extractions using SSIS, and designed and produced documentation of data transformations for all extractions.
- Organized Error and Event Handling by giving Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Logging.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc. and performed different kinds of transformations using SSIS.
- Involved in daily loads full incremental into staging and ODS areas, troubleshooting process, issues and errors using SQL Server Integration Services SSIS .
- Involved in data warehouse development environment using SSIS.
- Created Dashboard and Scorecards using Performance point Server.
- Experienced in writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, triggers, views, constraints, joins, DDL, DML and user defined functions to implement the business logic.
- Advised the optimization of the queries by looking at the execution plan for better tuning of the database.
Environment: MS SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MS Visio, SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, MS PPS 2007,MS
MS SQL/BI Developer
- Created SSIS packages to retrieve data from Legacy sources.
- Used SSIS transformation for Data Cleansing to remove unnecessary columns, eliminated redundant and inconsistent data, and Garbage and Unnecessary Data like removing empty rows.
- Deployed SSIS packages and Scheduled Jobs.
- Working with various business groups while developing their applications, assisting in Database design, creating E-R diagrams.
- Writing the stored procedures, checking the code for efficiency using T-SQL.
- Creation of user Databases and installation of MS SQL Server 2008.
- Created and maintained various databases for development and testing environment using SQL Server 2008.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling.
- Created joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Created and managed database objects such as tables, views, indexes, stored procedures and Triggers.
- Data Transfers between various servers using BCP.
- Developed and Unit Tested various kinds of reports such as Dashboards, Charts, Drilldown, Drill Through, Crosstab, Sub-Reports, Linked Reports, Cascaded Parameter reports with stylish report layouts.
- Used MS Excel for exporting the reports Pivot Reports so that they can be slice and dice as per the requirement by the client.
- Used the Integration services for the purpose of Transforming data from the cubes and storing it in to the data in to the SQL SERVER tables.
- Testing the Stored Procedures performance and its path of execution by using SQL Profile.
- Recovering the Backups of SQL Server production databases in test servers as part of regular maintenance activities.
- Perform DBCC checks to ensure the physical consistency of the database and objects.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Windows 2003/2007 server, SQL Server Configuration Manager, T-SQL, DTS, SSIS, SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , .Net Framework 3.0/3.5, C , ASP.Net 2.0,Ajax, SQL Profiler, , Microsoft clustering Services, Visual Source Safe 8.0
MS SQL Developer
- Responsible to meet the information demands of our business users by delivering timely, accurate, meaningful and standardized data and reporting.
- Created Query Parameters and Report Parameters to control data returned by the query and filter data at report level.
- Optimized the performance of queries with modifications in T-SQL queries, removed unnecessary columns, and eliminated redundant and inconsistent data.
- Created and administered all SQL Server databases, objects, logins, users, and permissions in servers.
- Fully utilized the Software Development Life Cycle SDLC processes including requirements gathering, design, implementation, quality and deployment.
- Employed various constraints such as Primary Key constraint and Foreign Key constraint on tables to maintain Data Integrity and also created user defined Functions, Stored Procedures, and Triggers.
- Created SSIS Packages to integrate data from Text files and Excel files.
- Created SSIS packages to retrieve Personal Identifiable Information PII user data from the Flat Files on monthly and Weekly basis.
- Created SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task.
- Involved in Data Migration of Packages from DTS to SSIS by using advanced features in SSIS Aggregate, Sort .
- Used Control Flow Tasks like For Loop Container, For Each Loop Container, Sequential Container, Execute Task, Email Task, and different Data Flow Tasks.
- Worked on Extracting Transforming and Loading data using SSIS Import/Export Wizard.
- Worked extensively with Key Performance Indicators KPIs and published them to SharePoint for further Business Analysis.
- Import Data Sets from various sources like Oracle, Flat Files, and Excel into SQL Server Data Warehouse.
- Performed Sorting, formatting, and Grouping to custom reports in SSRS and also published reports to the Report Server virtual directory.
- Worked on Change Management Cases to resolve the production change request issues based on the Specifications provided.
- Troubleshooting deadlock issues by setting Trace Flags and Analyzing Locks.
- Excellent understanding of multi tiered application environments. SQL Server interaction with client based desktops, application servers, and Microsoft Internet Information Server IIS .
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, Windows 2003/XP, Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio, C , .Net 2.0 Framework, SQL Server Profiler, SSIS, SSAS,SSRS, IIS, T-SQL, PL/SQL
MS SQL Developer
- Involved in performance tuning of TSQL queries and Stored Procedures and also optimized query performance by creating indexes.
- Write T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of TSQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Use the SQL Server Management Studio and SQL Profiler for studying the SQL statements and procedures and to monitor their performance.
- Define and execute all SQL Server administrative tasks on each registered server.
- Worked on different Data warehousing methodologies such as Bill Inmon and Ralph Kimball.
- Worked with different storage modes in Analysis Services such as MOLAP, ROLAP and HOLAP.
- Created reports by retrieving the data from cube using MDX reports.
- Used Caching Cache Technology for fast retrieval of data to generate reports against data warehouse.
- Designed MDX queries to retrieve data from SSAS cubes.
- Designed Cube partitioning and incremental synchronization for SSAS cubes.
- Designed Star Schema and Snow flaked schemas in the process of data modeling using Erwin.
- Designed reports, Graphs and deployed reports to web applications using SSRS.
- Created Parameterized reports and Linked reports using book mark links and hyperlinks.
- Developed Ad Hoc reports and deployed it onto Reporting Server using Report Builder.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, T-SQL, Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Studio, SQL Server Profiler, Analysis Services 2005, SSRS, ProClarity, Erwin
- Created new database objects like Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Indexes and Views using T-SQL in Development and Production environment for SQL Server 2000.
- Developed Database Triggers to enforce Data integrity and Referential Integrity.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Defined relationship between tables and enforcing entity referential integrity.
- Involved in Implementation of database design and administration of SQL based database.
- Established connectivity to database and monitored systems performances.
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of both T-SQL and PL/SQL blocks.
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and stored procedures.
- Wrote T-SQL procedures to generate DML scripts that modified database objects dynamically based on user inputs
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in T-SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing Cluster Index, Non Cluster index tables.
Environment: SQL Server 2000, Windows 2000, Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, SQL Query Analyzer, DTS, T-SQL.