- Over 7 years of professional experience in development, implementation and administration of database systems using MS-SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005/2000 for both OLTP Data Warehousing Systems applications in Financial, Insurance, Banking and Manufacturing industries.
- Extensive experience in using all types of SQL Server Constraints, SQL Server Database design, Database maintenance, developing Transact- SQL queries, stored procedures, and triggers using SQL Servers.
- Extensive experience in creating Tables, Views, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Complex Inner and Outer joins, Triggers, Except Clause using T-SQL DML and DDL as well as analyzing and debugging exiting Complex stored procedures. Hands on using all kinds of SQL Server Constraints Primary Keys, Foreign Keys, Defaults, Check, Unique etc. .
- Extensively used tools like SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Windows Performance Monitor for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server performance
- Used DBCC Utilities for performance turning, Query Optimization and Client Server Connectivity Database consistency checks.
- Experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and loading ETL using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , DTS, Bulk Insert and BCP
- Experience in building Data Integration and Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform, and Load ETL solutions for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Services SSIS .
- Experience in developing Custom Reports and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS in Business intelligence development studios BIDS .
- Experience in Enterprise Reporting in generating reports using linked reports, sub reports and filters, charts in SQL server reporting services.
- Strong experience in creating various reports like Drill through, Drill down and Ad-hoc according to the user requirement using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS .
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule DTS packages.
- Good work ethics with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong attitude towards learning new technologies quickly supporting the project requirements.
MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008, T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio BIDS , SQL Server Agent, Data Transformation Services DTS , SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS , Erwin Data Modeler, MS Visio, Sub Version, PL/SQL, Windows Server 2008/2003, MS Access
MS SQL Developer/BI/ETL Developer
- The Federal Home Loan Banks are 12 U.S. government-sponsored banks that provide stable, on-demand, low-cost funding to American financial institutions for home mortgage loans, small business, rural, agricultural, and economic development lending.
- The goal of the project is to build an application loan Calculator that performs the required calculations to approve loan for a new user who has applied like total amount applied, interest rate, minimum payment amount per month.
- Worked on requirements Analysis, Physical and Logical design development using Erwin, normalization, and SQL Server Enterprise manager
- Used tools such as performance monitor, query execution plans to increase the efficiency of the queries
- Managed and scheduled daily jobs relating to data transfers, backup and restore.
- Migrated DTS packages and converted them to SSIS packages in SQL Server 2008.
- Used ETL Transformations to copy columns and load data from source like Oracle, DB2, Flat files to destination databases.
- Implemented different types of Replication models including Snapshot and Transactional replications.
- Created reports using Cascading parameters and Drill-Through Reports, Sub reports, Parameterized Reports, Report Models and ad hoc Reports.
- Experience in Generating Report Models, Refining and Enhancing the Report Models, Deploying Report Model, Creating Reports on Report Models.
- Designed reports using SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS and Excel Pivot table based on OLAP cubes which make use of multiple value selection in parameters pick list, cascading prompts, matrix dynamics reports.
- Modified and tuned stored procedures, triggers, views and indexes to provide best performance.
- Analyzed, identified and implemented user roles and assigned relative database access privileges.
- Securing Access to Reports, Authorizing Users at the Home Level and Project Level, Managing Reporting Services Roles.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, Erwin, DB2, ER Studio, MS SQL Integration Services, MS SQL Reporting Services 2008, MS Excel, Windows Server 2007
MS SQL Server / BI Developer
- Caterpillar is an American corporation which designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery and Engines and sells financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network.
- The project aimed to migrate data from SQL 2008 to SQL Server 2008R2 and convert the existing reports to SSRS 2008. Various new reports were also built through OLAP aim to help top-level management in decision-making.
- Designed and normalized the database and created different objects like Tables, Views Stored Procedures, UDFs, Indexes Rules and defaults on MS SQL Server.
- Involved in installing and migrating legacy database to MS SQL Server 2008R2.
- Research with team members and came up with the high level design, impact analysis document with several solutions to the problem during implementation proposed new system.
- Created several SSIS package to import Flat files CSV into data tables. These packages were scheduled in regular time interval.
- Extensively used SSIS Import/Export Wizard, for performing the ETL operations.
- Created SQL Server reports using SSRS and exported them to Excel format for managers and QA team for easy validation.
- Applied various data transformations like Lookup, Sort, Multicasting, Conditional Split, Derived column etcetera.
- Perform data validation checks and filtered bad data.
- Used Sequence Container, Execute SQL Task, Send Mail Task, Precedence Constraint, Script Task to achieve business requirement in the control flow.
- Responsible for the ad-hoc reporting, modification and regenerating on request.
- Building scorecards and dashboards using the Performance Point Services 2010 with BI application.
- Schedule the reports to run daily, weekly and monthly and also automatically emailed reports to department directors and analyst to review it.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2 SSRS/SSAS/SSIS, Point Services 2010, Microsoft office 2010, T-SQL, Windows 7
Sephora, San Francisco, CA 1/2012-6/2012
MS SQL Server / BI Developer
- Sephora is a French brand and chain of cosmetics stores founded in Paris in 1970.
- Primary objective of the project is to perform WAMP Weighted average market pricing and develop and deploy the monthly reports in SSRS.
- Responsible for analysis, requirements gathering, documentation of functional/technical Specifications, data mapping, development and testing.
- Developed multiple Enterprise reports using SSRS from SQL Server Database OLTP and SQL Server Analysis Services Database OLAP and include various reporting features such as group by, drilldowns, drill through, sub-reports, navigation reports Hyperlink etc.
- Wrote complex queries, CTE's Common table expressions , stored procedures, functions and views to ensure data integrity, data consistency and to meet the business rules.
- Modified Stored Procedures and Functions, Created new tables and views
- Create SSIS packages for migrating data.
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services SSIS to integrate and analyze data from multiple homogeneous and heterogeneous information sources CSV, Excel and SQL 2008
- Created data sources and data source views DSVs , named calculations and names queries calculated members, named sets, KPIs, drill through, report actions and perspectives as per the business requirement.
- Maintenance of the data dictionary and adding the change requests.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008, Visual Studio 2008/2008, MS Reporting Services SSRS 2008-R2/2008 , MS Office 2007, MS Access, MS Excel, Microsoft Integration Services SSIS , Erwin.
MS SQL Server / BI Developer
Zurich Insurance Group Ltd. is a Swiss insurance company, commonly known as Zurich, headquartered in Z rich, Switzerland. The company is Switzerland's largest insurer.
- The main object of the project was to collect data from various database sources to perform analysis and then integrate them with the existing systems and creating reports in SSRS.
- Involved in Planning Defining and Designing data based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Used SSIS and T- SQL stored procedures to transfer data from OLTP databases to staging area and finally transfer into data warehouse.
- Developed and Deployed data transfers packages to the appropriate destinations using SSIS.
- Experience in creating jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule SSIS packages.
- Created SQL server configurations for SSIS packages.
- Responsible for creating reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2008-R2.
- Identified the database tables for defining queries to generate reports for analysis of data using SQL Server Reporting Services in Report Builder.
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the financial data.
- Developed, implemented and maintained various database objects such as Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes and Views.
- Developed and implemented procedures to ensure the quality, usability and accuracy of reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2008R2, MS SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , MS SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS , Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, T-SQL, Erwin.
MS SQL Developer
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China Ltd. is the largest bank in the world by total assets and market capitalization. It is one of China's 'Big Four' state-owned commercial banks.
- The main job of this project is to designing database along with all the applications based on business requirements. Also optimize the database performance.
- Involved in installation and configuration of SQL server 2005 on Database Servers.
- Created Database Objects like Tables, Indexes, Views, Stored Procedures, triggers and User defined functions according to the requirements of the project.
- Implemented database standards and naming convention for the database objects.
- Created trigger and stored procedures and enforced business rules via checks and constraints.
- Gathered the client's requirements and designed database and application architecture.
- Designed new job process, new database maintenance plans, DTS programs and did Performance tuning of the existing processes.
- Data conversions and data loads from various databases and file structures.
- Monitor, tune, and analyze database performance and allocate server resources to achieve optimum database performance.
Environments: MS SQL Server 2005 SSRS/SSAS/SSIS, T-SQL, Windows XP.