- Database MS SQL Server thru 2012 , Oracle 9i/10g, Sybase ASE, MySQL, MS Access
- Development T-SQL, PL/SQL, C , VB .NET/5/6, ASP .NET/Classic, PowerBuilder
- Analysis/Design ERwin, MS Visio, DBArtisan, TOAD, UML
- Other ETL, SSRS/SSIS/SSAS, Crystal COGNOS Reporting, MS Office, E-Commerce
- Reviewed data structures and DB architecture for site with 1mil users. Implemented data model and DML changes on existing AWS/RDS MySQL data model, while suggesting multiple other changes to enhance data retrieval via Memached and Redis clusters.
- Managed upgrade for OFI Trade and Integration Services team of existing custom enhancements to Charles River implementation from version 9 to 10. This covered objects affected by CRD schema changes and all modifications required for a database migration from SQL Server 2000 to 2008.
- Designed and scripted MS SQL 2008 objects for customizable healthcare professional application suite - including stored procedures, triggers table DB , and UDFs
- Created interfaces for consuming 3rd party web services using .NET SOAP/WSDL
- Develop and manage multiple web applications for clients of various backgrounds - including financial, e-commerce, entertainment, and brochure-ware.
- Technologies used included VB6, ColdFusion, ASP.NET, and SQL Server 2000/2005/2008.
- Led new design, development, and QA efforts on existing internal Treasury Credit System TCS .
- Direct engagement of senior business managers and power users of TCS, an internal application for reviewing, approving, and monitoring all counterparties HSBC engages in Capital Markets business.
- Served as BA and Tech Lead for the application, while managing development in Visual Basic 6, Active Server Pages with COM business objects, and a Sybase ASE database.
- Managed testing effort for the upgrade of the Sybase ASE database from version 12.5 to 15.0.
- Developed UNIX Windows shell scripts for use in scheduled nightly/monthly jobs. Script functionality included SFTP, file encryption, ETL processing, and archiving.
- Served as tech lead and architect for other internal MS SQL 2008-based applications.
- Supervised the effort to upgrade existing reports and consolidate in a 2005 SSRS environment. Previous reports were created in SQL 2000 using sp makewebtask or directly in application code.
- Directed re-design and development of a Microsoft-centric ASP.NET, VB.NET, MSSQL 2005 intranet solution to replace the existing client/server application IDB . The application tracks all transactions, securities, portfolios, prices, and holdings for the Guardian Investments Group.
- Completed changes to the application architecture ranging from:
- SQL Server upgrade from 2000 to 2005
- Database normalization to 3NF and optimization of the new data model addition of triggers/indexes, tuning of user-defined functions, stored procedures and views using ERwin
- SSIS and stored procedure enhancements to ETL processes that handle security ratings and prices. Incoming feeds included FedWire, Broadridge,
- GUI development environment from Powerbuilder 9.5 to the .NET 3.5 framework
- Designed and authored a comprehensive Documentation Object Repository to assist DYCD with an upgrade of all internal applications.
- The new repository application imported existing objects from all internal .NET, VB6, ColdFusion, Crystal Reports, PowerBuilder applications - saving object properties, event scripts, function scripts, embedded SQL, and object references to a MS SQL Server 2005 database.
- Managed the import of all database objects for every DYCD application using SSIS. Designed a reporting solution with SSRS and BI Dev Studio to validate all inventoried DYCD objects.
Technical Architect/Subject Matter Expert
- Coordinated with client sites to deliver user training, collect feedback, and guide Vitech client developers on best practices for implementing Workflow and Imaging solutions that ease the use of V3 and any third-party applications.
- Evaluated and prioritized all client-requested enhancements for the Workflow and Imaging portions of Vitech's V3 browser and client-server applications. Both V3 options share a similar Oracle 10g data model.
- The V3 application - used by many of the country's leading retirement, health and group benefit organizations - consolidates the processing of contributions, enrollment, billing, pension administration, benefits eligibility, health claims, and disbursements.
Senior Developer/Technical Lead
- Led the design and development of the move of V3 Standard Workflow from a stand-alone application to V3 Active Workflow, which allows full integration with V3 pension, claim, and demographic processes. During this upgrade, migrated product code including PFC class libraries , modified Oracle PL/SQL procedures and stored functions, and incorporated Active X technologies and other Windows API calls.
- Worked with HR staff to export internal Vitech Workflow data to administrative MS SQL Server databases. Assisted in the production of HR reports that utilized the data in an SSRS environment.
- Assisted with the conversion and creation of V3 Browser Workflow, a java-based version of V3 Active Workflow.
- Responsible for maintenance and new development on Workflow and Imaging modules for V3. Extensive use of client-server programming concepts, and object-oriented programming techniques using Visual Basic 6, PowerBuilder 10.5, and Oracle 10g.
- Led an effort to convert and update three internal applications two intranet, one client/server used across Los Angeles, New York, and London offices. The client/server application manages client accounts receivable and allows agents to track client cash bookings.
- The two converted intranet applications serve as clearinghouses for actors, writers, and classical music artists. Upgraded and optimized application server and code from ColdFusion 4.5 to ColdFusion MX. Updated the application to incorporate Oracle Reports Services to speed up report retrieval. Rebuilt numerous database tables and functions for use in the new Oracle 9i database.
- Redesigned the client/server application during a conversion from a Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise database to an Oracle 9i database. Collaborated with client project leaders to integrate new PL/SQL stored procedures and functions with the existing application framework.
- Managed, developed, and deployed all internal client/server applications for investor relations firm with users in New York, London, and Southeast Asia. These applications included a proprietary Customer Relationship Management CRM application, Human Resources timesheet programs, and accounting utilities.
- Crafted and implemented project plans to incorporate every step of project lifecycles. Conducted extensive user testing to provide the most flexible, robust, and easy-to-use applications. All of the applications were built in PowerBuilder 9.0 with existing internal custom classes and a SQL Server 2000 database.
- Began conversion of CRM application to the .NET framework.
- Provided company-wide training sessions for every new application release and application upgrade.
- Led the conversion of a PowerBuilder 5.0 application using a SQL Anywhere database to Visual Basic with an Oracle 7.3 backend.
- Re-designed data model and reporting modules, and managed all application testing. Extensive programming using Oracle PL/SQL, including stored procedures, triggers, and multiple schemas.