- 10 years of recent and relevant SQL Database Administration.
- Business Intelligence Maintenance and Administration.
- DTS to SSIS conversions, developments and deployments.
- Analysis Services SSAS Dimension design, development and optimization.
- Reporting Services Installations and Administration
- Deploying Analysis Services and SSIS development projects.
- Optimizing and redesigning Analysis Services aggregations using sampling frequencies and queries.
- Data scrubbing and transformations using SSIS to prepare data for migration from staging into data warehouse.
- Designing Finance Measure groups and dimensions in Analysis Services.
- Interfaced extensively with business analysts and developers to install software, approve and execute scripts, and deploy SSIS packages into staging and production.
- Profiler traces to discover performance issues.
- Migrations from SQL2005 to SQL2008. Installation and Configurations of SSIS, and Reporting Services SSRS .
- Resolving Active Directory, Kerberos, and IIS 6.0 issues related to recent Reporting Services deployments.
- Lead for SSIS ETL project to convert databases from DB2 and VSAM into SQL Server 2008.
- Production SQL DBA projects. Backups, restores, disaster recovery projects. Migrating SQL2005 to SQL2008
- Working with developers to implement Microsoft ETL implementations.
- Converting DTS packages to SSIS. Developing, configuring and deploying SSAS.
- Created SSRS reports using Analysis Services data sources. Deploying and configuring Reporting Server instances. Creating reports with parameters and filtering so the analysts can add their own aggregations and dynamic groupings.
- Created Installation, configuration, and optimization Best Practices for developers and administrators.
- Migrating SQL2000 server to SQL2005. Installing LightSpeed for backups and restores. Creating instances.
- Converting legacy DTS packages to SSIS. Deploying SSIS to servers.
- Creating package configuration for SSIS solutions. Resolving issues related to SSIS solution deployment.
- Converted and migrated SQL 2000 DTS to SQL2005 SSIS.
- Implemented checkpoints, created precedence constraints, some debugging and handling of errors.
- Added SSIS package security, created SQL Server Agent Jobs to execute SSIS packages, performed end-of-project development of SSIS packages.
Administrator Short term project
- Moved log files to separate disk subsystem from other databases and server activity to reduce disk contention and outstanding I/O bottlenecks. Moved Tempdb to separate disk allowing the faster creation of indexing on some of the larger tables.
- Removed unused indexes and identified overly large indexes robbing Insert and Update performance. Created covering indexes to reduce Bookmark Lookups. Created two hash indices and packaged them inside of a stored procedure which eliminated some very wide indexes on large tables which were degrading performance.
- Performed RAID calculations to identify system disk bottlenecks and recommended adding physical disks to provide for future growth. Used Performance Monitor to identify instances of excessive paging and drafted Change Management to add an additional drive to the array and to use a different version of RAID.
SQL Server Administrator
- Performance tuning by running traces and identifying slow running queries in SQL 2005.
- Troubleshooting stored procedures, reverse engineering for cleaning up and fixing code that was previously written in SQL versions 2000 to comply with SQL Server 2005.
- A great part of the production support was maintaining the existing replication servers.
- Creating and editing DTS packages and conversions from DTS to SQL Server 2005 SSIS packages.
- Moving files from Oracle database to SQL database, through DTS.
Administrator Short term project
- Lead the DBA area on database design, tuning, backup/recovery architecture, administration and maintenance of relational databases.
- Advised development staff on efficient SQL statement generation.
- Participated in data modeling using ERwin and design planning with development team.
- Participated in team projects and offered insight on technologies and procedures.
- Worked within a team environment and became a point of contact for daily database problem resolution.
- Minimally involved in maintaining the replication servers.
- Created TSQL queries with Groovy java compiler to retrieve datasets from legacy systems.
- Developed DTS packages to perform joins between AS400 and SQL Server 2000 and 2005 for sales reporting purposes.
SQL Server Database Administration
- Migrated from SQL Server 7 and SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Worked with the System Engineers to install the SQL Server and carried out all upgrades to new three-terabyte capacity, applying service packs to correct server bugs and trouble-shoot SQL Server problems reported by the users.
- Configured the Server according to application needs and Server hardware, set-up and maintained replication, as and when required.
- Backed up terabyte databases and performed restores and ran consistency checks from SQL standby servers prior to making changes in production.
- Performed and monitored daily database operations and set-up backup schedules.
SQL Database Administrator
- Worked with the development team to set standards and assisted team members with performance issues.
- Managed user accounts and implemented database security to include knowledge of roles, profiles, and system and object level privileges in accordance with security policies.
- Resolved performance and blocking issues, applied software patches, troubleshooting and problem resolution and disaster recovery.
- Scheduled backups managed clustered servers and corrected problems with Transactional Replication.