- More than 20 years of experience in programming analysis, design, and testing for manufacturing, healthcare, distribution, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Strong background on IBM AS400 iSeries platforms utilizing CL, RPG400 RPG III , RPG/IV, RPG Free, and SQL. Also have experience working with third-party software, as well as in-house customized applications. As a programmer/analyst I can utilize the system development life cycle SDLC methodology, working with users and clients to obtain the desired results.
- Have been involved with several conversion projects migrating data and converting programs to native AS400. Can work equally well on long-term projects and short-term assignments with tight deadlines.
Skills and Core Competencies
AS/400 and iSeries: DB/2, OS/400, FTP, IFS, RPG400 RPG III , RPG/IV, RPG Free, CL, SQL, embedded SQL, Query/400, PDM, SEU, SDA, RLU, DFU, DBU, DDS, stored procedures, EDI, Mapics XA, BPCS, McKesson, MC400, JD Edwards financials and distribution , Infinium HR/Payroll, Kronos Timekeeper, Aldon ACMS , Robot
System 36: OS/36, OCL, RPG II, Query/36
PC: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Visio
- Migrated archived scanned documents and reports from the iSeries to a mainframe platform.
- Developed RPG IV programs to automate this task.
- Created programs to build search indexes for the report migration.
- Provided programming and user support for the Infinium and Kronos applications.
- Created/modified Infinium and custom programs utilizing RPG III,RPG IV,and RPG Free.
- Played a major role in converting iSeries Kronos Timekeeper to a server-based platform.
- Created programs to import AS400 Infinium data to the Kronos HR/Payroll database.
System Support Specialist, Programmer/Analyst
- Supported the MAPICS XA applications utilizing RPG/IV and RPG400.
- Developed/modified manufacturing, inventory, accounting, and sales programs.
- Provided system admin functions such as security, support, and maintenance.
- Helped train users in the MAPICS XA functionality.
- Maintained programs primarily related to the MC400 software, such as fixing bugs, enhancing programs, etc.
- Used RPG/IV, RPG Free and embedded SQL when creating new programs.
- Extensive programming for Medicare applications to implement any changes for compliance.
- Created EDI transaction sets for invoices, RA's, and claims.
- Provided change control records and user documentation.
- Developed RPG/IV programs as stored procedures to replace an older version of barcoding software.
- Modified existing programs to conform to the specifications of the newer version.
- Involved in extensive unit testing of the new barcode programs and the interface from the hardware vendor.
Programmer, Technical Support
- Responsible for maintaining client support for the JD Edwards software
- primarily distribution and financial modules to allow the I.T. staff to concentrate on the SAP conversion project.
- Worked closely with end users in applying procedural and programming solutions related to the JDE applications.
- Adhered to SOX and FDA compliance by creating change control records using ALDON change management and documentation for validated and non-validated programs.
- Assigned to a commercial loan project for a banking client.
- Coding was mainly development of RPG/IV programs to be used as stored procedures.
- Other shorter projects included upgrading a positive pay system for corporate accounts, and writing programs for file transfers to data collection servers.
- Long-term project to convert S/36 programs, screens, and data into native AS400 using RPG/IV and external DDS.
- Secondary projects consisted of creating a user-friendly screen program for entering ICD9 codes therapy cap report and screen programs, and a conversion program for mainframe upload files.
- Analyzed McKesson Series 2000 software and data in preparation for an upgrade to a new release.
- Participated in user groups to gain input from the various departments.
- Debugged/fixed current programs RPG400 before applying the release updates.
- Prepared scripts for user testing of updated programs.
- Helped with support of the McKesson software after the release upgrade.
- Managed a small I.T. shop consisting of two operators and one programmer.
- Had a major role in the S/36 to AS400 conversion.
- Programmed in both RPG II on the S/36 and RPG400 on the AS400.
- Coordinated the transition from MAPICS II to BPCS, interfacing heavily with both users and software/hardware vendors.