- Worked as Senior Software Engineer for Various Clients in Agile Development teams.
- Experience in creating PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, and triggers, as well as complex queries for views and reports.
- Experience in creating Oracle code review checklist which defined PL/SQL coding standards and process workflows for all PL/SQL code being released to production.
- Experience in supporting all development, QA, and production databases on Windows, Unix, and Linux platforms.
- Exposure in building .NET software release using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 on Microsoft Internet Services servers and MS SQL Server 2008 written in C , XML, Subversion SVN , and TortoiseSVN for version control.
- Worked closely with developer/analysts and talked in-depth with clients in a support role using the Agile Software Development methodologies.
- Experience in mentoring new developers.
- Oracle 8i/9i/10g, 11g, SQLLDR, SQL Navigator, C , .NET, Erwin, Linux, UNIX, ETL, SQL Plus, PL/SQL, TOAD, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Visual Basic, StarTeam, Rational ClearQuest/ClearCase, Rally, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, SQL Server, HTML, CVS Concurrent Versions System, Kentico CMS, Apache Subversion SVN , TortoiseSVN
- Operating system: Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7, DOS, Macintosh, UNIX, Linux.
Sr. pl/sql Developer
- Senior pl/sql developer on the ELMS Order Management Cloud EOMC process changes to the inbound SAP order data files. This included creating packages and procedures to transform order data, validate order data, create releases groups of related line items , creating LAC License Activation Codes entitlements in PLL Powerlink Licensing , and sending the LAC to SAP. The Order data flowing through EOMC is composed of an order header and one or more order lines. The state of an order within EOMC drives each subsequent process of the order data.
- Also responsible for creating processes to clone existing order data. This included locating existing data, determining if it should be cloned, finding all existing attributes, and transforming them to be attributes of the new cloned order data.
- Both processes included creating temp tables to store new data while being transformed, creating packages for validating new data, transforming new data, and finally creating output of newly created data to be loaded into the database using the normal data loading processes. Once the data was processed all data in the temp tables was moved to history tables to be used for reporting.
Sr. Software Engineer
- Primary responsibilities included coding applications using pl/sql for a Delphi front end. Worked with both the application development team as well as the support team in creating pl/sql packages, procedures, functions, and triggers, as well as complex queries for views and reports for use by the application, included Bulk Collects, Collections and Pipe Line function.
- Senior Software Engineer for Southwest and Northwest Regional Agile Development teams.
- Also responsible for performance tuning all sql queries used by the Delphi application and the Oracle Transparent Gateway to query the sql server databases using Oracle as the database of record.
- Created an Oracle code review checklist which defined pl/sql coding standards and process workflows for all pl/sql code being released to production. Mentored all new developers.
- Also occasionally involved in building our new .NET software release using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 on Microsoft Internet Services servers and MS SQL Server 2008 written in C , XML. Used Apache Subversion SVN and TortoiseSVN as our version control system.
Sr. Oracle Developer/Consultant
- Sr. Oracle Warehouse Developer for HBS supporting all development, QA, and production databases on Windows, Unix, and Linux platforms. This included creating new packages, procedures, and functions for new custom applications being developed and fixing known bugs as well as improving performance of existing code already in production.
- Used PL/SQL, SQL Plus, and TOAD to create new queries, triggers, stored procedures, functions and packages to improve functionality for database schemas used by all HBS alumni, student, and faculty applications and to performance tune the existing databases, included Bulk Collects, Collections and Pipe Line function. Used Perl to run automation scripts on Unix.
- Used ERWIN to generate Data Model Entities and attributes, Entity Relationships, Keys, Schemas, etc., and ultimately a database.
- Worked closely with developer/analysts and talked in-depth with clients in a support role using the Agile Software Development methodologies to improve existing procedures for HBS applications and to create new custom applications. Listened to client's complaints and concerns regarding specific applications, reviewed code in question then made changes to database code pl/sql packages, procedures, and functions to fix the issue s . Most issues involved either modifying an algorithm to make the code work correctly or involved performance tuning to make the application run more quickly.
- Developed several schemas to utilize data feeds from outside vendors and created custom pl/sql packages for data transformation and mapping as well as data scrubbing custom ETL . Data was loaded into staging tables using sqlldr then custom edits were run to scrub and format data and then finally custom pl/sql packages were created to map and manipulate data to core database tables. Also used Informatica to create mappings, to transform data, and to create packages to load the data ETL . As part of data scrubbing and loading exceptions were created to handle any data issues which were found. The exceptions wrote to error tables and to error logs.
- Reverse engineered existing SQR procedures into new pl/sql procedures as part of SQR code retirement which replaced all existing SQR coded procedures with pl/SQL procedures.
Sr. Oracle Developer/DBA
- Worked as FRS sole Oracle/SQL Server DBA and Oracle/SQL Server Developer supporting all databases. Responsible for developing new functionality, supporting existing code base, and maintaining Oracle 9i, 10g, and SQL Server. Systems run on Oracle and SQL Servers using XP OS with Microsoft .NET middle tier.
- Initially was responsible for fixing most recent version of the FRS beta release of their software upgrade. Originally took 27 days to install the upgrade. Upon talking with clients that were trying to install the beta version found several problems. First and foremost there was no indexing strategy. They were copying data from large multi-million row tables and inserting into new tables with no indexing. Upon adding indexing greatly reduced the installation time. Also added bulk collections to the largest cursors and finally added incremental commits to the table insert statements to deal with Tablespace issues that were cropping up. Installation went from taking 27 days to taking 1.5 hours.
- Used PL/SQL, SQL Plus, OEM, and TOAD to develop queries, triggers, stored procedures, custom ETL, functions and packages, included Bulk Collects, Collections and Pipe Line function.
- Worked with developer/analysts to design new schemas and to performance tune the databases.
- Worked with system architect to design and develop new database schemas which will be backend for new risk and regulatory reporting software and custom applications.
Sr. Oracle Developer/Analyst/Consultant
- Worked for EMC's Managed Services Technology Solutions Group as an Oracle Database Developer on a three month contract.
- Primary responsibilities included writing and tuning network storage usage report packages. These reports were running on a large Terabyte Oracle 10g Data warehouse and required careful optimization/tuning.
- Was also responsible for writing the technical documentation for these Assets Utilization Reports.
- Worked on a monthly billing system for EMC clients. Duties mostly included optimizing current procedures/packages as well as automating manual billing formulas and algorithms for use in Oracle pl/sql procedures.
Sr. Oracle Warehouse Developer/Analyst/Consultant
- Joined Fresenius Medical in the spring of 2006 as an Oracle developer. Assigned to a major rewrite of the logic that loads all the data warehouse's/data mart's reference tables. Required working closely with end-users to understand the requirements and expectations of the new code. The rewrite was being done at the request of the client to go hand in hand with the database upgrade/migration from Oracle 9i to Oracle 10g.
- Responsibilities also included writing and running UNIX shell scripts and environmental files for use on Autosys scheduling software. These shell scripts extract and manipulate data from a transactional legacy database and then load the data into the Oracle data mart/warehouse ETL utilizing custom pl/sql packages . These scripts were written using Perl.
- Wrote stored procedures, packages, functions, and triggers used for custom ETL in their Oracle 10g data warehouse and data mart using pl/sql with SQL Plus, OEM, TOAD, and SQL Navigator.
- Wrote shell scripts which utilize control files for sqlldr to load data into the data warehouse/mart.
- Also responsible for bringing all technical documentation and specs up to date.
- As a senior developer/analyst was also responsible for mentoring new developers/analysts.
Sr. Oracle Developer
- Member of several project teams that create highly customized and complex benefits enrollment databases utilizing Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g on WINDOWS and UNIX platforms interfacing with WEB and IVR front-end applications. All projects follow the application development life cycle from requirements gathering, through initial coding and configuration, unit testing, modification, user acceptance testing, and finally to production.
- Worked closely with lead analysts to ensure all data is presented according to specification and all business rules are followed.
- Used PL/SQL, SQL Plus, SQL Navigator, and TOAD. to develop queries, triggers, stored procedures, functions and packages to determine employee eligibility and provide functionality for annual benefits enrollment and ongoing systems according to the clients business rules.
- Coded DDL's used in creating tables, constraints, and indexes as well as DDL scripts for creating sequence triggers and control triggers on ERWIN generated control columns.
- Used SQL loader and coded control files and par files for loading and processing client's incoming data files.
- Wrote batch processes for data processing and automating input and output file processes.
- Participated in code reviews to ensure all coding standards are followed and all code is written for maximum performance.
- Participated in process reviews to ensure all batch processes as well as all input and output files are coded for optimum performance.
- Used Report Builder and Excel to create daily, weekly and quarterly statistical reports for various clients.
- Also mentored and trained new Oracle Developers as they transition to project teams.
- To ensure code and application integrity have used StarTeam and have recently migrated to Rational ClearCase for versioning and ClearQuest for bug tracking.
- Produced and co-hosted a daily morning news and information talk show.
- Oversaw the production team meetings and made sure all deadlines were met and research was done. Wrote copy and produced commercial spots and promotional materials.
- Analyzed clients' needs with sales staff and coordinated schedules with the production team. Maintained daily dialogue
- Worked in inspection department for Digital Equipment Corporation in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. Final inspector of read and write heads for disc drives, which included microscopic inspection of devices as well as data collection from various laser measurement systems for the engineering department.
- Worked in test department for Digital Equipment Corporation in Franklin, Massachusetts, testing devices used by DEC. Qualified on test systems including LTX, Genesis II, EPRO, Trillium and Teradyne. Also participated in DEC becoming ISO 9000 certified.
- Created new procedures to better manage all aspects of kitchen and bath design and the sales showroom.
- Supervised sales staff from design phase through delivery and installation of new kitchens and bathrooms. In 4 years sales increased 500 .
- Responsible for inventory control, shipping and receiving, updating showrooms, information systems, bookkeeping and day to day operations of small retail business.