- Over 8 years of experience in Database Design, Development Support of MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008/2005/2000 in Production and Development.
- Experienced in client Requirement Analysis, Physical, Logical design, development, Coding, Debugging, Testing, Deployment, Support and Maintenance of business applications using SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2005.
- Worked on all phases of data warehouse development life cycle, from gathering requirements to testing, implementation and support.
- Worked with end users/customers to understand business requirements, recommended technical solutions and documented functional requirements.
- Solid knowledge of Relational Database Management System RDMS , Data Warehouse Concepts, OLTP and OLAP and experience with Working on SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Data Analysis, Data Cleansing/Data Scrubbing and Data Migration.
- Worked with T-SQL, DDL, and DML Scripts and established Relationships between Tables using Primary Keys and Foreign Keys.
- Proven ability in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization and Running Database.
- Well-versed in usage of SSIS Control Flow items for Loop, Execute package/SQL tasks, script task, send mail task and SSIS Data Flow items Conditional Split, Data Conversion, Fuzzy lookup, Fuzzy Grouping, Pivot .
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using tools like Bulk Copy Program BCP , Data Transformation Services DTS and SQL Server Integration Services SSIS .
- In depth Knowledge in ER modeling and Dimensional modeling Star and Snowflake schema building Dimension and Fact tables.
- Knowledge in Job Scheduling, Replication Performance tuning, Normalization /De-normalization concepts, database design methodology
- Proficient in High Level Design of ETL DTS Package for integrating data from heterogeneous sources Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data .
- Expertise in developing various static, dynamic, drill- through, drill- down, matrix and sub- reports using SSRS.
- Experienced in SSAS Performance Tuning, Cube Partitioning, Basic MDX Scripts and formulas, Refresh Strategy.
- Expertise in developing Parameterized, Chart, Graph, Linked, Dashboard, Scorecards, Report on SSAS Cube using MDX, Drill-down ,Drill-through And Cascading reports using SSRS.
- Experience in creating configuration files to deploy the SSIS packages across all environments.
- Skilled in error and event handling: precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check points and Logging.
- Expert in Extracting and transforming data ETL from various heterogeneous sources and creating packages using SSIS/DTS, Import and Export Data.
- Experience programming PL/SQL batch environment utilizing large tables and high transaction throughout requirements.
- Experienced in developing and modifying cubes using SSAS and transform into pivot table.
- Extensively used performance monitor/SQL profiler to solve dead locks/long running queries.
- Expert in Database Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, Monitoring, Backup and Disaster Recovery procedure and Replication.
- Good Knowledge on creating score cards and dash boards using MS Office performance Point Server MS ProClarity Analytics Dashboard Designer and integrated them with SharePoint Web Services.
- Experience in performance tuning in SSIS packages by using transformations.
- Hands on Experience with MS visio for documenting the processes.
- Excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills and the ability to work excellently as an individual and also as part of a team with minimum amount of supervision.
MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008R2/2012, Oracle 10 g
SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS , SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS , Business Intelligence Development Studio BIDS , Visual Studio 2005/2008/2012
T-SQL,PL/SQL, C ,VB.Net, HTML, CSS, XML
MS-DOS, Windows 98/NT 4.0/XP/2000/2003/2008 Server, UNIX
Database Design Tools and Data Modeling
MS Visio 2008/2011, ERWIN r7/r4/r3.5, Star Schema/Snowflake Schema modeling, FACT Dimensions tables
Database Tools and Utilities
SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Data Base Engine Tuning Advisor, SSIS
Version Control Tools
VSS, Sub version, TFS
Sr. SQL Developer/SSIS /SSRS Developer
- Worked with Business Analysts in gathering requirements and translating them to technical specifications.
- Involved in the analysis and profiling of source data, creating prototypes and sample reports to help with requirements and design.
- Using SQL server reporting services SSRS delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting to create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Created jobs for automatically running stored procedures for day-end operations using SQL Server agent such as index rebuild, data loads and summary reports
- Involved in Performance Tuning of Code using execution plan and SQL profiler and added Indexes to improve performance on tables.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports using SSRS 2008.
- Participating in defining ETL strategies, preparing transformation rules and mapping data from source to target
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Implemented security to restrict the access to users and to allow them to use only certain reports.
- Designed and developed efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables with complex transforms.
- Extracted large volumes of data from various data sources and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration services SSIS .
- Created SSIS packages for Uploading of different formats of files Excel, Access, dbf and databases SQL server, Flat files into the SQL Server data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Services SSIS .
- SQL Server Index Maintenance Performance Tuning for Large Tables
- Rewrote and tuned long-running SQL queries to cut execution time, ease database load and improve scalability.
- Used Script task to write custom code using C
- Experience in ETL Data Warehouse environment. Created Jobs in SSIS and was responsible for ETL job scheduled to run daily.
- Designing and implementing a variety of SSRS reports such as Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder based on the requirements.
- Designed SSRS reports with sub reports, dynamic sorting, defining data source and subtotals for the report.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Designing and developing OLAP dimensions, cubes, measures, and calculated members with SQL Server 2008/Analysis Services 2008.
- Creating Reports as per user requirements using MS Reporting Services 2005/2008.
- Created different types of reports such as Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Drill Through, OLAP and Sub reports, and formatting them using both SSRS 2005/2008
- Written complex T-SQL queries and created Stored Procedures, Triggers, functions and Views.
- Created data driven subscriptions for different users using Report Manager.
Environment: MS SQL Server2008/2012, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SharePoint Server MOSS 2007 , Crystal Reports, SSIS , Asp.Net, C , VB.Net, ADO.Net, VSS, SQL Server Integration Services, SSRS SQL Server Reporting Services, Visual Studio 2005, Windows XP, T-SQL
Sr. SQL Server Developer/SSIS Developer/SSRS Developer
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008 as SSIS Packages.
- Created Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad hoc reports SSRS
- Integrating Share Point Server with SSRS and deploying SSRS reports on to Share Point Server.
- Create and edit alerts on Reports, as per User request
- Modify the existing reports by adding new logic and deleting existing logic as the line of Business changes periodically
- Export reports in various formats like MS Excel, PDF, MS Word, Text and CSV
- Generate reports with parameters, sub reports, cross tabs, charts using Crystal Reports
- Created Business-Crucial stored procedures and functions to support efficient data storage and manipulation.
- Experienced in Extracting, Transforming and Loading ETL data from Excel, Flat file, to MS SQL Server by using DTS and SSIS services.
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling.
- Worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Worked with MDX to query cube's data.
- Involved in building Data Marts and multi-dimensional models like Star Schema and Snowflake schema.
- Writing T-SQL scripts, dynamic SQL, complex stored procedures, functions, triggers and SQLCMD.
- Maintaining jobs for data messaging from development server to test server for generating daily reports for financial and marketing team.
- Implemented Complex business logic with User-Defined-Functions, Indexed Views and also created User Defined Data type, Clustered Non-clustered Indexes.
- Expert in automating process by creating jobs and error reporting using Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, FTP and SMTP.
- Gather Day to Day files from FTP, Secure FTP servers, decrypt them and deliver to the respective teams that require the file.
- Used some data conversion tasks in SSIS to load the data from flat file to SQL Server database.
- MS SQL Server Configuration, Performance Tuning, Client-Server Connectivity, Query Optimization, Database Maintenance Plans and Database Consistency Checking DBCC commands.
- Built MDX queries and Data Mining Expression DMX queries for Analysis Services Reporting Services.
- Performed database transfers and queries tune-up, integrity verification, data cleansing, analysis and interpretation. Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Created ETL SSIS packages both design and code to process data to target databases.
- Created document for Self-Service Deployment and Execution process for SSIS packages
- Used SSRS to create reports, customized Reports, on-demand reports, ad-hoc reports and involved in analyzing multi-dimensional reports in SSRS.
- Created Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List Chart reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad-hoc reports, Drill down reports as well as interactive reports according to business requirements in time restricted environment.
- Created SSRS Report Model Projects in BI studio and created, modified and managed
- Various report models with multiple model objects, source fields and expressions.
- Highly involved in creating, structuring, formatting using Report Designer and Report Builder.
- Provided critical Production support when needed.
- Developed and implemented the application code in Oracle PL/SQL and T-SQL
- Completed revamping on a slow performing workflow to greater than 5 times faster and thus processing larger volume of data/reports and meeting the current SLA.
- Developed stored procedures using Oracle 9i and 10g.
- Involved in loading the data from flat file to oracle database.
- Involved in generating the keyword file from oracle database.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008 Enterprise Edition, SSIS, SSRS, PPS, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Access 2003 ,Oracle, Business Objects ,SharePoint , PL/SQL, C ,VB.Net,ASP.NET, XML, Visual Studio 2008 2005,MS Visio 2007.
SQL Server Developer/SSIS Developer
- Worked on SQL Server Integration Services SSIS to integrate and analyze data from multiple homogeneous and heterogeneous information sources CSV, Excel, Oracle db, and SQL 2005 .
- Extracted and Transformed data into Staging Servers named as PStaging Server for historical data and TStaging Server for load increment.
- Performed Loading operation of historical data using full load and incremental load into Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Created SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and load data using different transformations such as Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension, Merge Join and Union all.
- Developed Custom Logging so user can know when a row is inserted in custom logging table by every SSIS package that executes.
- Filtered data from Transient Stage to EDW by using Complex T-SQL statements in Execute SQL Query Task and in Transformations and implemented various Constraints and Triggers for data consistency and to preserve data integrity.
- Used For-Each Loop Container, Sequence Container, Script task, Expressions, Execute SQL task, Send Mail Task, Package Execution task to achieve business needs.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to retrieve data from the database
- Design and develop dynamic advanced T-SQL, PL/SQL, MDX queries, VB.NET Scripts, stored procedures, XML, user defined functions, parameters, views, tables, triggers, indexes, constraints, SSIS packages, SSAS Cubes, SQL Server Agent jobs, deployment scripts and installation instructions for enterprise data warehouse and applications.
- Created and modified various Stored Procedures used in the application using T-SQL.
- Scheduled and maintain packages by daily, weekly and monthly using SQL Server Agent in SSMS.
- Developed complex Stored Procedures to generate various Drill-through reports, Parameterized reports, Tabular reports, Matrix reports and linked reports using SSRS.
- Wrote complex Expressions and Calculations for SSRS reports with Conditional Formatting.
- Created Project Expense Statements in all Data marts and other Financial Reports using SSRS. Developed yearly and quarterly company expense reports.
- Transferred data using ETL to Data ware house Environment using SSAS.
- Responsible for Deployment of the report using SSRS and used Report Subscription Data Driven and Standard to publish reports.
- Worked on Team Foundation Server tool for Version Control.
- Used SQL Server profiler for auditing and analyzing the events which occurred during a particular time horizon and stored in script.
- Created daily tasks including backup and restore by using MS SQL Server 2005 tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Imported data from text files and excel spread sheets into SQL Server 2005 database using SSAS package
- Performed T-SQL tuning and optimization of queries for reports that take longer execution time using MS SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and SQL Query Analyzer in MS SQL Server 2005.
- Documented all work, so user can easily understand the flow of process.
- Worked with T-SQL to create Tables, Function and Stored Procedures, sub-query, correlated sub-query, complex Stored Procedures
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, SQL server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services SSIS , QL Server Analysis Services SSAS .VSS, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, T-SQL, Erwin7.2, SQL Server Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Actively involved in Normalization De-normalization of database.
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2000 on servers for designing and testing.
- Designed DDL and DML for MS SQL Server 2000/2005.
- Using SQL Server Integration Services SSIS to populate data from various data sources
- Developed web based front-end screens using MS FrontPage, HTML and Java Script.
- Actively designed the database to fasten certain daily jobs, stored procedures.
- Optimized query performance by creating indexes.
- Involved in writing SQL batch scripts.
- Created scripts for tables, stored procedures, and DTS and SSIS,
- Writing T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of TSQL
- Involved in merging existing databases and designed new data models to meet the requirements.
- Create joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Used DML for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Taking Database full Backup, Transaction log backup differential backup in daily Routine
- Monitor production Server Activity
- Worked with DTS packages to load the massaged data into Data warehousing system
- Tuned the SQL queries using SQL profiler and involved in tuning the database
- Very pro actively identifying the problems before user complaints
Environment: Windows 2000 server, SQL Server 2000/2005, SSIS, FrontPage, IIS 5.0