My most recent experiences have been related to development and programming in Cognos. I have a solid background in support, programming, and use of applications for the PC, and mainframe. Most of my experience with PC networks is in the Microsoft Windows environment, although I also have experience with OS/2 and Netware. My mainframe experience consists of MVS/TSO, VM/CMS, CICS..
- Using Visual Source Safe to complete part of a multi-developer project, allowing SQL scripts to be shared amongst the associates involved in the development.
- Work with other developers sharing documentation via Sharepoint.
- Used Microsoft Visual Studio 2005/2008 to create applications.
- Used SQL Server2008 R2 Management Studio to create, edit, and test SQL scripts.
- Use Cognos 10 to create reports as needed for various projects.
- Work with client to determine requirements for completing the project.
- Work with client to determine the best course of action to convert reports from various mainframe data sources to Cognos.
- Work with client to determine how data should be joined within Framework Manager in order to allow a series of reports to be able to be created using data from multiple sources to meet the project requirements.
- Create reports to allow users access to previously unavailable data combinations within individual reports rather than multiple reports, as used previously.
- Converting multiple reports from an older version of Cognos to version 8.
- Create and publish powercubes using transformer.
- Update framework manager as needed.
- Add tabs to the Cognos portal
- Maintain users and report security
- Working with client to determine necessary time requirements to create needed reports.
- Informing client of product capabilities in order to facilitate some future reporting needs.
- Creating reports for a new installation of Cognos version 10.
- Converting multiple reports from an older version of Cognos to version 8.4.
- Converted multiple reports from mainframe systems to Cognos reports.
- Updated framework manager as needed to allow for additional data sources.
- Understanding of best practice systems implementation methodologies and successful experiences in BI reporting projects.
- Strengths in communication/facilitation/interpersonal skills with both business and technical personnel.
- Maintain system functionality on both business critical and non-critical systems.
- Expertise in Cognos 8 BI Cognos connection, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, Framework Manager .
- Created dimensions, hierarchies, measures, calculations, star schema groupings from relational data source for OLAP analysis in different business areas.
- Developed and maintained reports and cubes using the Cognos software package
- Maintained and supported 500 financial, production, and business analysis reports
- Managed, developed and supported 30 OLAP cubes
- Largest cubes were 40 dimensions containing over 1 million records
- Experienced writing SQL queries
- Experienced working with databases of over 800GB.
- Converted financial reporting system from SAS to Cognos.
- Part of implementation team for new scrap surcharge recovery system using Cognos.
- Converted Cognos reports/cubes for each version change from 4.0 up through 8.3
- Converted multiple reports from mainframe systems to Cognos reports/cubes.