- Over 7+ years of experience in SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 working as a Database Administrator.
- Managed very large databases in 24/7 Production Environments.
- Extensive experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of SQL Server in a Clustered and Non-Clustered environments with single and Multi Instances.
- Strong working knowledge with 32 and 64 bit Windows 2000/2003/2008 servers.
- Extensive experience in Configuration, Implementation and Maintenance Using Log Shipping, Mirroring and Replication (Transactional) in SQL Server.
- Extensive experience with Database Backups, Restoration & Disaster Recovery Procedures, Backup strategies and scheduling Backups using Native and Third Party tools.
- Implemented high availability solutions, including Replication ,Database Mirroring (Synchronous and Asynchronous modes), log shipping and Clustering,
- Experienced in planning and implementation of Storage Area Network (SAN) for Clustering in Active-Active/Active-Passive Environments.
- Experience in upgrading SQL Server using side by side and In-place up-gradation.
- Experience in creating and automating jobs, SQL Mail Agent in SQL Server using 3rd party tools.
- Hands on experience in deploying and migrating ETL packages using DTS and SSIS .
- Knowledge in developing reports using SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Experience in using tools like Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SQL Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Experience in Monitoring Database Servers Using tools like SQL guard, Tivoli etc.
- Migrated/Upgraded several databases/ servers from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008/2005.
- Exposure to Design Users and Logins as per SOX Standards
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization using Indexes, Profile Traces for Dead Locks and using DBCC Utilities for Database Consistency Checks.
- Experience in utilizing triggers, cursors, functions, DTS Packages and stored procedures.
- Experience in writing Queries using Global variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports
- Extensive experience in all phases of Project Life Cycle Requirements, Analysis, Architecture, Design, Building, Unit & Integration Testing, Migration and Training , Deployment, Production Support and Help Desk support
Programming Languages: T-SQL, C#, C, C++.
Databases: SQL SERVER 2000/2005/2008 , MS-Access.
DB Utilities: SQL Server Management Utilities, Query Analyzer.
GUI: DTS Import/Export, SQL Server Integration Services.
Reporting: MS Access, Excel, MS SQL Server Reporting Services, SSIS, Crystal reports.
ETL Tool: SSIS, Data transformation services(DTS)
Application Software: Microsoft Office, Macros, Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio 2010.
Operating Systems: Windows Vista/XP/NT/2000/2008R2
Role: SQL DBA
- Implemented high availability solutions for mission critical SQL Server databases with clustering and mirroring.
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2005, 2008 on Standalone and Clustered Environments.
- Hands on experience with Clustering, Mirroring and Replication.
- Applied patches and service packs to keep the database at current patch level.
- Moved system databases from one location to another.
- Created Jobs, Schedules, Alerts using SQL Server Agent and Notifications using SQL Mail and Database Mail
- Involved in administering the servers by creating User logins with appropriate roles, logins, monitoring the user accounts, creation of groups, granting the privileges to users and groups.
- Configured Merge and Transaction Replication from Production to DR Servers and Reporting Server with Multiple subscribers.
- Set up new SQL Servers and configure required users and fixed orphan users with rev login.
- Truncated/shrank transaction logs, checked data allocation errors and any data inconsistencies and updating database statistics.
- Performed Migration of SQL Server2005 to SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2008R2.
- Installed, Configure SSRS and Created and Deployed SSRS Packages.
- Tested code in T-SQL and SSIS Packages in the testing environment.
- Actively participated in gathering User Requirement and System Specification.
- Data transfers between various servers using SSIS and DTS.
- Respond to trouble tickets assigned to me and fix any database issues promptly.
- Designed and implemented Disaster Recovery site using SQL SERVER Log Shipping.
- Test Backup and Recovery Strategies by simulating various recovery scenarios like loss of data files, Transaction logs, and Point-in-time recovery through RESETLOGS.
- Evaluated the peak and no peak usage pattern of the application; effectively distribute database administration activities, such as full database backup and database defragmentation during no peak hours.
- Configured Server-Level/User-Level Security Strategy, Authentication Modes, configure database Logins/Users
- Ran DBCC consistency checks, and fixing data corruption in user databases
Environment : Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2, IIS, SQL Server 2008R2/2008/2005, SSRS, SSIS.