- Over 8+ years of extensive experience in database development and IT Solutions that include experience in design, development and implementation of complex data delivery systems using MS SQL Server technology
- Experience in MS SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005 with OLTP/OLAP and Business Intelligence delivery using SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Hands on experience in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) like gathering requirements, design, development, implementation and testing of projects before moving to production.
- Worked on Normalization and De-Normalization techniques for both OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Experience in developing the applications using T-SQL Programming (DDL, DML, and DCL).
- Extensive knowledge and Experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers, Cursors.
- Strong experience with ETL tool in Mapping, Transformations, Expressions, lookups and Aggregations.
- Excellent in High Level Design of ETL DTS Packages & SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB Connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, Merge and union all.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and scheduled SSIS Packages.
- Good Experience in creating Master Child Packages in SSIS and in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis using SSRS.
- Skillful in Creating, Managing, Delivering SQL Server Reports using SSRS 2005/2008/2008 R2.
- Experience in Migration of SSRS reports from SQL 2005 to SQL 2008.
- Adept in designing Stylish Report layout and having Proficiency with drill down reports in SSRS 2008R 2/2008/2005.
- Experience in using variables, expressions, functions for the reports and in handling Parameterized reports in SSRS 2005/2008/2008 R2.
- Developed Dashboard Reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Report Model and Ad Hoc Reporting using Report Builder.
- Generated reports in various formats like Table format and Matrix format using Reporting services (SSRS).
- Experience in writing sub reports and parameterized Queries for generating reports in SSRS 2008.
- Versatile in BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio), Query Analyzer, Profiler, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration/Analysis/ Reporting Services etc.
- As a key player in the team with strong interpersonal and communication skills, explored and contributed the technical expertise as and when needed by the team.
SQL Server Tools
Enterprise Manager, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, SQL Server 2012, 2008,SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS.
MS SQL Server 2008R2,2008,2005, 2000, 7.0, MS-Access
C , C++, T-SQL, VB.Net, HTML
Windows XP/NT/2000, DOS, Windows Server 2003
Erwin, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2005,Share Point Server 2007, Microsoft Project Server 2007, ProClarity, Team Foundation Server (TFS), AtTask
Relational DBMS, Client-Server Architecture, OLAP, OLTP
SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Crystal Reports
SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), DTS
SQL Server/SSIS Developer
- Worked for Financial Operations data quality team to validate data
- Created Stored Procedures, Common table expressions, Views, Cursors, Joins, Constraints, DDL, DML and User Defined Functions to implement the business logic.
- Created appropriate Triggers to assist efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Involved in creating, building, deploying and executing the SSIS packages.
- Developed dynamic SSIS packages for Incremental Data Loading.
- Used query optimizer to enhance the ETL architecture performance
- Created SSIS package to get data from different sources consolidate and merge into one single source.
- Used the SSIS ActiveX script task, look up, cached look up, Fuzzy group transformations and data flow tasks.
- Created package configuration using environment variables.
- Used power pivot for massive data analysis
- Involved in fine tuning queries and stored procedures using Sql Profiler and Execution plan in Sql Server.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2, Team Foundation Server(TFS), SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), T-SQL, VB.Net, ASP.Net
SQL Server/SSIS Developer
- Responsible for tuning T-SQL procedures, triggers and other database objects
- Fine-tuned and checked the performance of existing objects in SQL Server and implemented transactional logic for them
- Designed and Developed Database Objects like Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Rules, Defaults, user defined data types
- Actively involved in Normalization & De-normalization of database
- Materialized views, dimensions and stored outlines for optimal performance
- Wrote Triggers and Stored Procedures to capture updated and deleted data from OLTP systems
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of database servers
- Extensively designed the packages and data mapping using Control flow task, Sequence container task, Dataflow Task, Execute SQL Task, Data conversion task, Derived Column task and Script Task in SSIS Designer
- Created packages in SSIS with error handling.
- Worked with different methods of logging in SSIS.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Created packages to load data from various sources like Flat File, Excel and OLEDB in SSIS 2008 R2
- Have deployed packages on different servers by using package configurations.
- Excellent report creation skills using Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created Sub-Reports, Drilldown-Reports, and Cross Tab reports using MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Developed Queries for generating reports in SSRS 2008 R2.
- Developed drill down, drill through and Parameterized reports using SSRS 2008 R2
- Created Subscriptions, Data driven subscriptions and managed security for reports on SSRS Report Manager
- Experience in creating Ad-hoc and static reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) from BIDS.
- Identified the dimension, fact tables and designed the data warehouse using star schema.
- Worked with Meta-Data Driven SSIS Packages to pull the data from different Sources and load to Data mart.
- Experience in designing a database design strategy and database for optimal performance.
- Designing and Optimizing Database Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
Environment: Microsoft Windows 2008 Advanced Server, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SharePoint 2007, OLAP, OLTP, Erwin
SQL Server (ETL/SSIS, SSRS) Developer
- Worked with Business Analysts and Business Users in gathering requirements and translating them to technical specifications.
- Created Complex queries, stored procedures using temporary tables, joins, and sub queries.
- Implemented Error Handling in Stored Procedures using Try and Catch,@@error and Raiserror.
- Used Analytical functions, Merge and CTE’s in Sql Server 2008
- Implemented performance tuning of slow running queries and stored procedures using Sql Profiler and Execution plan.
- Created SSIS packages to pull data from SQL Server and exported to various data sources like Excel Spreadsheets, Flat File etc. and vice versa.
- Scheduled SQL jobs to run SSIS packages on a daily, weekly, monthly basis using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Used various control flow tasks like FTP, File System task, for each loop container and data flow tasks.
- Created Excel including pivot tables, macros, and lookup functions to format a data set from the various SQL sources
- Created complex stored procedures, triggers and user defined functions using joins to apply business rules to data imported using SSIS packages.
- Deployed SSIS packages from Dev/Staging/Prod using SQL Server table configurations.
- Implemented logging and error handling in SSIS using Event Handlers.
- Worked on SSIS script task, look up transformations and data flow tasks using T- SQL and Visual Basic (VB) scripts.
- Improved the performance of slow running SSIS packages.
- Configured Report Server using SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services Configuration Manager.
- Designing and implementing a variety of SSRS reports such as Parameterized, Drilldown, Ad hoc and Sub-reports using Report Designer and Report Builder based on the requirements.
- Implemented Conditional formatting using expressions in SSRS 2008
- Automated the report execution and delivery by using Subscriptions and Data-Driven Subscriptions in SSRS
- Created Snapshots to improve the performance of slow running reports in SSRS
- Generated Report Models both from SQL Server and Analysis Services Databases
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports using SSRS 2008.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/ 2008, Visual Studio 2005/2008,SSRS,SSIS,SSAS,/DTS, Visual SourceSafe, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Team foundation Server(TFS)
- Converted Data Transformation Services (DTS) application to SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) as assigned.
- Developed DTS packages to extract, transform and load into the Campaign database from OLTP database using of SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS).
- Designed dynamic SSIS Packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS.
- Involved in creating highly interactive score cards and Dashboards using Performance Point Server.
- Designed SSIS Packages to extract, transfer, load (ETL) existing data into SQL Server 2005 from different environments for the SSAS cubes.
- Generating reports using SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) for customized and ad-hoc Queries.
- Involved in designing, developing, debugging and testing of reports in SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Generated several drill down and drill through reports using SSRS.
- Expert in creating Star schema cubes using SSAS.
- Involved in creating calculated members, named set, advanced KPI’S for the SSAS cubes.
- Designed and created the table schema and stored procedures that will be used in Data QC.
- Designed and developed the Data QC Maintenance website that will be used to maintain the application tables, execution of main Data QC store procedures, and report generation that will be exported to Microsoft Excel file.
- Daily support of system wide replication tasks including monitoring, alerting, and problem resolution.
- Responsible for documentation of system related activities.
- Setup replication within the SQL databases. Provides technical documentation of the system
- Code reviews to move it to the production developed by developers.
- Setup the database with suitable memory and hard disk space allocation, creating different user and security profiles for the team
Environment: MS Visual Studio.NET# 2005, MS SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Visual Basic6.0/VB.net, VB Script, Visual Source Safe.
SQL Server & SSRS/SSIS Developer
- Extensively worked on MS-SSRS, SSIS and Slowly Changing Dimensions.
- Adept at rebuilding indexes on various tables.
- Database size exceeded 4 million rows.
- Created SQL Server Profiler traces & used with Database Tuning Advisor (DTA) for optimum performance of queries.
- Created temporary tables and table variables while creating complex queries in SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Developed indexed views, complex stored procedures, effective triggers, and useful functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistent data storage.
- Running DBCC consistency checks, and fixing data corruption in databases.
- Monitoring execution plans to enhance the performance of the queries.
- Ensuring database integrity, indexing, segmentation and recovery and update database design over time.
- Troubleshooting and Performance tuning using Quest Performance Analyzer to diagnose historic data as well as current ones.
- Writing complex SQL queries using table joins (inner and outer), temporary tables, and table variables.
- Designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining reporting frameworks.
- Developed/Monitored ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel files, etc.) and loaded the data into target tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Successfully deployed SSIS Package into Production environment and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Developed Scheduled Jobs to automate the packages.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user communities.
- Involved in creation of dimensions using Star, Snow Flake schemas.
- Involved in strategic, planning and budgetary responsibilities.
- Created several MDX queries according to Business requirements.
- Wrote MDX queries and expressions for use in Front End BI Applications
- Built SSRS reports from various heterogeneous sources like SQL Server,
- Creating Parameterized Reports, Drill down, Sub-reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008.
- Created reports from various migrated data sources into simple dashboards for easy reviewing.
- Creating Ad hoc reports using Report Builder.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008 Enterprise Edition, SSIS, T-SQL, SSRS, Dashboards, SSAS, Windows Server 2003, MDX, DTA, Ad hoc
SQL Server BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
- Written stored procedures to populate final database tables from staging tables and clean inaccurate data.
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Written complex queries using Merge and Analytical functions of Sql Server 2008 R2
- Providing solutions to improve the existing processes and production support for various batch processes and also created the schedule for newly incorporated batch programs and processes.
- Designed and developed efficient SSIS packages for processing fact and dimension tables
- Extracted large volumes of data from various data sources and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration services (SSIS).
- Created SSIS packages for Uploading of different formats of files (Excel, Access, dbf) and databases (SQL server, Flat files) into the SQL Server data warehouse using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Used Script task in SSIS to write custom code using Vb.net
- Experience in ETL Data Warehouse environment. Created Jobs in SSIS and was responsible for ETL job scheduled to run daily. Solved the issues associated with ETL Data Warehouse Failure.
- Created SQL Jobs to schedule SSIS Packages
- Wrote DDL, DML scripts for Schema, Table space and Cluster creation and alteration.
- Worked with the Program Architect and Technical Architect in design sessions to develop high-level solutions architecture for SQL Server Reporting Services solution.
- Generated Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Reports as per the customer requirements using subscriptions and Created Tabular Reports, Cross Tab Reports, Sub Reports.
- Built effective queries for high-performance reporting and rendered them to HTML, XML, PDF and Excel format using SSRS 2008R2.
- Designed different kinds of reports like cascading parameterized reports and worked on Drill Down and Drill-through Reports.
- Created AD-Hoc reports using Report Builder and maintained Report Manager for SSRS.
- Performed performance tuning using Execution Plan, Analyzing Indexes.
- Used SQL Profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting performance issues in T-SQL code and stored procedures.
- Experienced in developing stored procedure driven reports, building custom application on reports, formula writing/editing in reports, Report Administration and performance tuning of reports.
- Created Technical Documentation for reports and maintenance/enhancements of existing Reports.
- Actively participated in User Acceptance Testing and Debugging of the system.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SharePoint Server(MOSS 2007), Crystal Reports, (SSIS) SQL Server Integration Services, (SSRS) SQL Server Reporting Services, T-SQL.
SQL BI Developer (SSIS/SSRS)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Setup the database with suitable memory and hard disk space allocation, creating different user and security profiles for the team.
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2008, MS Access, SSRS, SSIS, T-SQL, ASP.NET2.0, C#.NET, ADO.NET, Microsoft Visual Studio.Net 2005, .NET Framework 2.0, EXCEL2007.