- Over 8 years of IT experience, which includes four years in Database Administration, System Analysis, Design, Development & Support of MS SQL Servers 2000, 2005 and 2008 in Production, Development & Replication Environments.
- Extensive experience with Oracle, MS SQL Server 7.0, 2000, 2005 and 2008R2 versions.
- Experienced in working with a 24 x 7 Production Environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems.
- Experienced in designing FACT & Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Models using ERWIN Tool.
- Strong SQL Server Developer skills including writing triggers, stored procedures, UDF, views, query writing.
- Expert in using tools such as Bulk Copy (BCP) and Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Experienced in Database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Experienced in MS SQL Server installation, configuration, performance tuning, client/server connectivity, query optimization and back-up/recovery, running Database Consistency Checks using DBCC.
- Strong understanding of various programming techniques and best practices.
- Experienced in managing Cognos content store and creating connections to SQL Server databases.
- Experienced with SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services, SSAS and SSIS.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming design and architecture using Java, VB.Net
- Proficient in supporting and troubleshooting very large databases.
- Strong System Administration skills in windows which includes Windows Windows 2003 and 2008 Server, Windows NT Enterprise Server and SAN.
- Strong Networking Skills in TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2, XML, UML, OOP, Erwin Tool, Cognos, Web/App Server IIS, Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server, TCP/IP, VPN, FTP, Windows XP.
SQL Server Database Administrator
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2008 on development and production servers.
- Implement and maintain production database mirroring environment.
- Implement maintenance plans for database backups and server maintenance.
- Reviewed database schema design along with application developers.
- Troubleshoot performance issues by analyzing SQL Profiler traces and Performance Monitor counters.
- Periodically review indexes using SQL Server dynamic management views.
- Implement and review management data warehouse reports for performance trends.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008 R2, Windows 2008 Server, SQL Profiler, T-SQL, Mirroring.
MS SQL Server Database Administrator / Developer
- Configured log shipping of several production databases to provide data for reporting purposes.
- Responsible for maintaining SQL Server 2000/2005 database instances in a SAN environment.
- Installed and configured multiple instances of SQL Server 2005 for new production environment.
- Modified stored procedures for performance optimization, by using SQL Profiler to determine bottlenecks.
- Created stored procedures and jobs to provide reports according to user’s requests.
- Developed SSIS packages to manipulate data formats and external files for reporting.
- Coordinated with developers to promote T-SQL objects into production.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , SSIS, Windows 2003 Server, SQL Profiler, T-SQL, BCP, Replication, Log Shipping
MS SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA
- Responsible for maintaining multiple databases in Windows environments.
- Managed deployments of databases for a service oriented web application support in pre-production environments.
- Created additional files and file groups and moved database objects between them to resolve performance and space issues.
- Carried out performance tuning and query optimization of the database components, proposed index and primary keys to increase query performance.
- Coordinated with Java developers in an agile development environment and performed code reviews and testing in pre-production before new features are deployed.
- Maintained reporting databases for Cognos reporting and provided guidance on data sources and column mappings to on-site and offshore Cognos developers.
- Troubleshot table locking issues by setting trace flags using SQL Profiler and analyzing trace logs and performance monitor counters.
- Configured and maintained a replicated environment to provide data for reporting purposes.
- Configured and maintained mirroring for high availability.
- Created data extraction and transformation scripts from legacy systems including MS Access to SQL Server.
- Made recommendations for hardware specifications and configuration as well as designed database architecture based on expected load and growth.
- Reviewed SQL Server 2008 for possible upgrade options.
- Used SQLIO and SQLIOSim to assist in determining I/O capacity and simulate SQL Server activity.
- Applied service packs and changed SQL Server Service account passwords on a regular basis.
- Responsible for maintaining database documentation and source code in a version control repository.
- Worked with a large team of Business Analysts, Java developers and Testers.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, SSIS, Windows 2003 Server, SQL Profiler, SQLIO, SQLIOSim, Cognos, Erwin, T-SQL, BCP, Replication, Mirroring, Eclipse, Apache, TortoiseSVN.
Computer Systems Engineer
- Designed, implemented and maintained processes to analyze data feeds from multiple sources.
- Developed and maintained applications according to data requirements and specifications
- Maintained Oracle databases.
- Administered Windows servers and related hardware.
- Set naming conventions for objects based on PL-SQL standards.
- Designed and developed custom backup/restore and disaster recovery plans for production servers.
- Troubleshot performance issues and fine-tuning queries, stored procedures and indexes.
- Created Business Objects reports to analyze data movement from source feeds to Oracle databases.
- Created Functions, Triggers, Stored Procedures, and views and created derived tables for optimization of join queries.
- Data mapping and transformations while loading data using VBScript.
- User training and assistance; providing consultation to development teams.
- Involved in Database monitoring using system tools.
- Performed day to day system administrator duties on Windows 2000/2003 Servers.
- Team lead for report and application testing.
- Responsibility for maintaining and analyzing trend analyses in relation to data feeds for month end reporting.
- Implemented standardized reporting processes to ensure that month end reports were delivered in a timely manner.
- Tested crystal objects reports based on clients requirements.
- Performed review sessions with report users to confirm reports meet requirements before production release.
- Daily checks on data source feeds to ensure data accuracy.
- Provided user training and support.
Environment: Windows Server NT/2000/2003, Unix, Unix Scripting, Oracle 8i/9i, SQL Server 2000, Visual Studio 2005, VB.NET, Business Objects 10, Toad for Oracle, Enterprise Manager, DTS, Crystal Reports, PL-SQ