- 8+ years of IT experience on Database Administration and development with MS SQL Server technology 2012/2008 R 2/2005/2000.
- Extensive experience on database administration, advanced data recovery, data corruption, extended SQL Server internals and SQL Server Memory concepts
- Extensive experience in installation, Upgrades (In place Upgrade and side-by-side) and configuration of MS SQL Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2005, and 2000 versions on both Standalone and Cluster Environments.
- Experienced in investigating and applying necessary SQL Server database Service packs, hot fixes and Security Patches.
- Experience in Database Backup, Recovery and Disaster Recovery procedures (Log shipping, Mirroring, Clustering and Replication).
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, Client/Server Connectivity, Database consistency checks using DBCC Utilities.
- In-depth knowledge of T-SQL (DDL, DML, and DCL).
- Experience in implementing different types of Replication Models like Snapshot, Merge and transactional.
- Maintained Database Authentication Modes, Creation of Users, Configuring Permissions and assigning roles to users.
- Experience in extracting and transforming transactional information using DTS Import/Export wizard, BCP (Bulk Copy Program) DTS (Data Transformation Services) and SSIS Packages from SQL Server.
- Expertise in SQL Loader and Import/Export Utilities.
- Administered, maintained, developed and implemented policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the databases.
- Experience in troubleshooting SQL issues by using SQL Tools, Execution Plans, Trace, Statistics, and Index tuning Wizard.
- Actively involved in monitoring system performance by using SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, and Windows performance monitor, Event Viewer, DMVS, and Resource Governor to achieve better performance, Resolve Dead Locks/Long Running Queries, accessibility and efficiency.
- Using Performance Monitor/Profiler to solve Blocking, Dead Locks/Long running queries.
- Experience with the Team Foundation Server(TFS) and Visual Studio
- Experience with the Incident Tickets, Change Requests and Knowledge management
- Worked closely with management, applications development staff, and users on database solutions to business problems.
- Defined and administered database standards, controls, procedures and documented the same
- Provided after hours and 24/7 Database Maintenance and Production Support.
- Good team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-motivation, initiative and the ability to think outside the box.
MS SQL SERVER 7.0/2000/ 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, Analysis Server 2005, MS Access 2000/2005.
SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Database Engine Tuning Advisor(DTA), Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Data Transformation Services, Upgrade Wizard, Replication, Jobs and task creating and scheduling, MS Visio, Crystal Reports 10.0, SQL reporting, SSIS, SSAS, SQL Diagnostic Manager(Idera),Red-gate, Splunk, TFS, Visual Studio 2012
SQL, TSQL, XML, VB 6.0, Perl, HTML, XML.
MS-Front Page, Internet Information Server(IIS),FTP,TCP/IP,LAN,MS-Outlook Express
Windows 95/98/2000/2003/2008/ XP/NT 4.0, Linux, Novell Netware, MS-DOS.
MS Office, MS Project, Clear Quest, Visual Source Safe 6.0, Rational Clear Case.
SSIS(SQL Server Integration Services), DTS(Data Transformation Services), Import Export Data, Bulk Copy Program (BCP)
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Installed, upgraded and configured SQL Server 2012, 2008R2 for several applications with latest service packs
- Migration of SQL Server 2005 Databases and In place Upgrade from SQL 2005 to SQL 2012
- Administrated and managed SQL Server 2012/2008R2/2008/2005 databases in production, Staging, QA and development environments.
- Managing, migrating and Performance analysis of very large databases
- Experience in Database Mirroring, Database Snapshot and Isolation Levels.
- Experience in Transactional Replication
- Ensure the compatibility level changes and perform database checkup routines to ensure consistency and integrity is preserved
- Deploy SSIS packages in various environments Development/test/Stage/production.
- Capture performance baselines for old and new environments using perfmon.
- Daily periodically monitored performance using both System Monitor and Profiler.
- Proficiency in developing Maintenance plans, backup, recovery strategies and Rebuild/Reorganize strategies
- Reviewing and verifying Database backup details, Database user privileges, Inactive user accounts.
- Monitoring Year Old SQL Authenticated accounts, Sys Admin Accounts and Password Policy Check for SQL Accounts.
- Experience with moving physical data and log file from one drive to another drive
- Monitoring CPU resource usage and SQL Server disk management
- SQL Databases Comparison with the Red-Gate Tool
- Configured Database mail and linked servers between SQL Server to SQL Server, SQL to Oracle Servers, and SQL to MS Access Databases
- Periodically (daily, weekly, or monthly) performed a database reorganization on all the indexes on all the tables in all databases to rebuild the Indexes so that the data is no longer logically fragmented.
- Implemented and maintained Transaction replication, Mirroring for high availability.
- Maintenance of TFS Database & ETL Projects
- Reviewing Security Scripts and Maintaining them
- Reconfigured Replication, Log Shipping and Database Mail after migration.
- Performing monthly fact Data Refresh
- Good Understanding of Master, Child SSIS packages
- Ensured security logins and database access permissions.
- Created and scheduling maintenance jobs in new environment.
- Created Notification and alerts for jobs failure.
- Applying service packs for old and new environments according to the Enterprise Architecture standards
- Good Understanding of ETL Framework.
- Working on Visual studio 2010, 2012 and on TFS to deploy projects
- Good Knowledge of using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Experience with the IP Compliance Check list to get the performance report of the Server.
- SQL Information Risk Management Dashboard setup
- Audit Remediation process.
- SQL Process Documentation
- Experience with Incident Change Management and Remedy Tickets
- Ran DBCC CHECKDB on all the databases to verify database integrity after migrating.
- Planned the backup and recovery for Publisher and Distribution servers.
- Involved in various stages like system Analysis, design, and development
- Provided 24/7 Production on call Support.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, Business Intelligence – MS SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) and MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Agent, SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Database Mail, T- SQL,Windows2003/2008 server, SQL Diagnostic Manager, Splunk, ETL framework, Visual Studio, TFS, Red-gate tool.
Sr. SQL Server DBA
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2 and administration of nearly 90+ servers ensuring zero downtime.
- Review and deploy Code across various Environments like production and release paths.
- Configured two Active/Passive Clustering setups for failover on production servers. This included installing windows cluster service and SQL 2008 on windows 2008 enterprise edition.
- On call 24/7 support to databases on weekly rotation.
- Migrated 32-bit SQL Server 2005 instance to 64-bit SQL Server 2005 enterprise edition using In-place upgrade method, ensuring zero down time
- Involved in managing, migrating, performance analysis of 2 TB databases.
- Setting up and managing High availability techniques like Log shipping, Clustering and Replication.
- Responsible for Active – Active clustered environments which are rated as mission critical.
- Creating and deploying SSIS Packages in production environment.
- Written and deployed SQL Scripts for low disk management, Rebuilding/Reorganizing index, CPU Resources usage using DMVs.
- Created and Deployed a SSIS package to run for every hour to maintain records about the servers’ health.
- Proficiency in developing backup and recovery strategies and Rebuild/Reorganize strategies.
- Deployed SQL Profiler, Performance monitor and Database Tuning Advisor for performance tuning of the mission critical servers.
- Created Indexes and involved in Performance tuning.
- Incorporating business logic in SSIS while converting from Oracle, MS Access and Text to SQL Server. Creating new database/tables to put in the extracted data and rebuilding the relationship.
- Using SSIS, building high performance data integration solutions, including extraction, transformation.
- Loading Data from Oracle to SQL Server using SSIS packages.
- Using Sql server reporting services (SSRS) delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting so create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources
- Expertise in deploying spot light, Idera tools to analyze performance issues.
- Designed new job process, new database maintenance plans, DTS programs and did performance tuning of the existing processes.
- Imported data from Oracle 10g to SQL server using Pervasive ETL and Titanium Application.
- Creating batch scripts for providing smooth solution to the ETL process.
- Created the logical and physical data modeling using Erwin tool.
- Handled routine administration for SQL 2000/2005/2008 servers.
- Expertise in using performance dashboard, SQL DIAG, PAL and SQL Nexus to analyze the performance issues.
- Expertise in setting up Transactional and Snapshot Replication.
- Designed and implemented comprehensive Backup plan and disaster recovery strategies Implemented.
- Created new replications and addressed the Replication Issues to maintain high availability of the data between the servers.
- Managing the VERITAS clustering environment.
- Troubleshooting ODBC and OLEDB connection issues in SSIS packages.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 / R2, Business Intelligence – MS SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) and MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Database Mail, T- SQL,Windows2003/2008 server.
SQL Server DBA
- Installing SQL Server 2005 and 2008 and administration of nearly 100+ servers ensuring zero downtime.
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2005 and 2008.
- Upgraded the existing database to SQL Server 2005.
- Involved in setting up ,managing and maintaining High availability technologies : Log shipping ,Mirroring and Replication
- Involved in implementation of replications like Snapshot and Transactional.
- Worked on SQL Server Clusters Active - Passive on mission critical financial applications.
- Experience in creating complex SSIS packages using proper control and data flow elements.
- Involved in Partitioning Databases and Tables for better Performance issues.
- Implemented Databases log shipping using the Lite-speed.
- Security Compliance on the servers to bring the server under compliance and security policies.
- Involved in upgrading the instance of development environment of SQL Server 2000 to 2005
- Defined report layouts including report parameters, Created parameterized, drill down and aggregation reports in MS SQL environment using SSRS 2005/2008.
- Resolving locking (Dead Locks) and Blocking issues.
- Hands-on working experience with analyzing query plans, managing indexes and locks, troubleshooting deadlocks, managing triggers.
- Automate and enhance daily administrative tasks, including space management, object alteration, backup & recovery and performance monitoring.
- Involved in SQL Server Cluster and Database Mirroring implementation.
- Worked on the PAC2000 Change Control Management tool.
- Capacity-planning, Maintaining run book documentation on all the servers in word, pdf and excel formats.
- Managing and Coordinating with the off-shore team on daily Database maintenance activities
- Worked as a team member for 24X7 on call production support.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , Business Intelligence – MS SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) and MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Agent, SQL Profiler, Database Tuning Advisor, Database Mail, T- SQL,Windows2003/2008 server.
SQL Server DBA
- Involved in requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, change management, deployment and user training
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2000 successfully
- Login and user management: Adding logins, roles, groups to the Window NT and MS SQL Server and maintaining proper security procedure.
- Scheduling Jobs and Alerting using SQL Server Agent
- Created a Baseline for migrating from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005
- Written stored Procedures, Functions and Database Triggers
- Database creation; database tuning, performance planning, backup planning and database administration.
- Implemented Log Shipping
- Proactive and Reactive tuning of databases in every stage of the project
- Evaluated database performance and performed maintenance duties such as tuning, backup, restoration and disaster recovery
- Creation/Modified complex stored procedures which are used for various reports
- Created/Maintained clustered/non clustered Indexes for fast and efficient reporting process
- Configured SNAPSHOT Replication using Snapshot agent. (Creating Distribution Databases, creating & managing Publications, managing Replication monitors).
- Wrote DTS scripts for data transfer
- Involved in System testing
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to queries and enhance the performance of database servers.
- Monitored Performance during Beta – Testing phase of the application.
Database Engineer / System Engineer
- Designing the dimensional model as well as designing star and snowflake schema
- Creating mappings to load source data into target tables using transformations like the Joiner, Expression, Filter, Lookup and Update Strategy, Rank, Sorter.
- Creating workflow/mapping parameters and variables to be used globally.
- Used the debugger to validate the transformations by creating break-points and analyzing the debug monitor.
- Tested scripts by running workflows and assisted in debugging the failed sessions.
- Improving workflow performance by shifting filters as close as possible to the source and selecting tables with fewer rows as the master during joins.
- Utilized a lookup and update strategy to lookup values from different tables and to update slowly changing dimensions.
- Used persistent caches whenever data from workflows were to be retained.
- Used connected and unconnected lookups whenever appropriate, along with the use of static and dynamic caches.
- Created tasks and workflows in the Workflow Manager and monitored the sessions in the Workflow Monitor.
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Wrote Stored procedures pre SQL loading
Environment: Informatica (Power Center 6.1), SQL Server 2000, Flat Files, Erwin 4, SQL, PL/SQL, Windows 2000/NT.