- Over 7 years of experiences in SDLC and possess experience in Database technologies like SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2014.
- Having proficient experience in development of business intelligence solutions using MSBI with SQL Server as database.
- Expert in designing and implementing relational database model as per business needs.
- Excellent experience in developing complex stored procedures, efficient triggers, required functions, creating indexes, and indexed views for improving performance.
- Proficient in using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS) to build Data Integration and Workflow Solutions, Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) solutions for Data Warehousing applications.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and schedule SSIS Packages.
- Expert in designing Star Schema and Snowflake schema, creating and configuring Data Source & Data Source Views, Dimensions, Cubes, Measures, using SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS).
- Expert in calculating Measures and Dimension members using multi-dimensional expression (MDX) mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Involved in creation/review of functional requirement specifications and supporting documents for business systems, experience in database design process and data modeling process.
- Expert in Integrating SSRS Reports and SSAS Cubes in web sites.
- Experienced in Scheduling the reports daily, weekly, monthly and checking the security for the reports.
- Involved in performance tuning by using the SQL Profiler and Data Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Expertise in designing SQL Server SSIS packages to import and transform data between database and external data sources.
- Expert in designing Enterprise reports using SQL Server (SSRS 2008/2012) generated ad-hoc reports, drill down reports, drill through reports, parameterized reports, sub-reports, matrix dynamic and filters, charts in SSRS 2008/2012.
- Excellent communication skills, organizing skills, highly punctual and an excellent listener.
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2000/ 2005/2008/2012 /2014 ), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS 2005/2008/2012 /2014 ), SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS 2005/2008/2012 /2014 ), Data Transformation Services (DTS), Visual Studio, BIDS.
SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Server Profiler, Import & Export Wizard, Visual Studio .Net, Microsoft Management Console, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Toad, IIS 6.0/7.0
MSSQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008/2012 /2014 , Oracle 8i & 9i, MS Access 97/2000/2003/2007/2013 , Sybase Server, Teradata V2R5, IBM DB2 UDB 8.2/8.0, Visual Source Safe 2005,MySQL.
MS-DOS, Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/XP/2000/Server 2003/Server 2008 R2/Server 2012 R2/Vista/7/8, Unix, Solaris 9/10, Red Hat Linux Enterprise 4/5/6
SQL Server/ BI Developer
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2014 successfully.
- Involved in ER diagram (logical design) and mapping the data into database objects.
- Worked as a developer role on MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , MS Excel databases (using SSIS, TSQL Script, stored procedures and views).
- Migrated data from Excel Database to MS SQL Server 2014 using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages and created SQL server configuration for the same.
- Used various transformations in SSIS like Multicast, Fuzzy Lookup, Copy Column.
- Worked on MS SQL Server tasks such as Data loading, Instances, Linked Servers and Indexes.
- Login and user management, adding logins , roles, groups to Windows Server 2012 R2 and MS SQL server and maintaining proper security procedures.
- Scheduled jobs and alerts using SQL Server Agent.
- Worked closely on dataset tuning, performance planning, backup planning and database administration.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014, MS Access, SSIS, T-SQL, SQL Profiler, MS Excel, Visual Studio
SQL Server/ BI Developer
- Installed SQL server 2012 R2 and established connectivity with the database created, configured and maintained database plans, database backup and recovery.
- Created database objects like Tables, Indexes, Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Cursors and Triggers.
- Performed tuning to optimize SQL queries using SQL profiler and data engine tuning advisor.
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing data based on business requirements and provided documents for the public data collected.
- Designed and developed complex SSIS packages to execute xml, web service, OLEDB, file system, FTP, Sent EMAIL tasks using SQL SERVER Integration.
- Expertise in creating SSIS packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from homogeneous and heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Flat file, Oracle).
- Designed high level ETL Architecture for overall data transfer from Source Server to the Enterprise Server Warehouse.
- Actively involved in Normalization & Demoralization of database.
- Developed several detailed and summary reports including line and pie charts, trend analysis reports and sub-reports according to business requirements using SSRS.
- Designed and deployed reports with Drill Down, Drill Through and Drop down menu option and Parameterized and Linked reports.
- Identified and worked with parameters for creating cascading parameterized reports in SSRS 2012.
- Creation and development of SQL reports, reporting structure which includes financial and composite reports for existing and new clients.
- Scheduled the monthly/weekly/daily reports to run automatically onto the dashboard for managerial purposes.
- Involved in Debugging and Deploying reports on the production server
- Build the Dimensions, Cubes with star schema and snow flake schema using SQL Server Analysis Service.
- Created and rebuilt multi-dimensional cubes using SSAS to support business reporting and forecasting process.
Environment: Windows XP, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2, MS Access, Management Studio, XML, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS) 2012 R2, SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS) 2012 R2, Share Point, T-SQL, MS EXCEL, SQL Profiler, Microsoft Visio.
MS SQL Server Developer
- Translated user requirements into functional and technical requirements in coordination with the Sr. Business Analyst
- Analyzed the business requirement and functional specifications provided by the data specialist
- Responsible for designing and maintaining a wide variety of daily, weekly, and monthly financial and analytical reports used by different departments within the company.
- Responsible for making sure reports are scheduled and delivered in a timely manner
- Designed reports using proper text formatting, report headers and footers, and page size to allow for printable reports.
- Worked on SSIS for transferring data from Heterogeneous Data format to SQL Server.
- Created ad Hoc and parameterized various reports using SQL server 2012 reporting Services with data from SQL Server and MS Access as data sources
- Monitored and modified Performance using execution plans and Index tuning.
- Cleaned the data and created fact and dimension tables, performed calculations required for the reports using SQLs Server 2012 environment and accomplished Data modeling.
- Documented the complete Data warehouse environment, including all Dimension and Fact tables, the relationship between SSIS packages and the target tables, which packages were valid and in use, the relationship between the jobs and SSIS packages, and the relationship between the source tables and the OLAP tables used in the SSAS Cube
- Created ad hoc SSRS reports in the test environment for data validation
- Created dynamic Reports from the cube using SSRS 2012, and stored procedures.
- Troubleshoot the deployment of reports in the test and production environment using SSRS
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, SQL server Reporting Services 2012, SQL Integration Services 2012, SQL Analysis Services 2012,Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel-SQL,ERWIN
SQL Server Developer
- Worked with project lead and business users to understand business processes, gather and document project requirements and translate them into functional and non-functional specifications for BI reports and applications.
- Actively participated in interaction with users, team lead.
- Highly Involved in Profit and Loss financial reporting system process including packages, debugging & data analysis, report balancing and verification.
- Transmitted data from various OLTP data sources, such as Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel, Flat Files, CSV files into SQL Server 2012.
- Responsible for creating database objects like Views, Store Procedure, Triggers, Functions etc. using T-SQL 2008/2012 to store data and to maintain database efficiently.
- Planned, Designed and Implemented Store Procedures.
- Tuned the SQL queries using SQL profiler. Involved in tuning more than seven times.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fine-tuning of databases for its performance and concurrency.
- Used ETL to implement the SCD transformation, to maintain historical data in data warehouse. Applied various data transformations like Data Conversion, Multicasting, Conditional Split, Derived column in SSIS.
- Developed and deployed data transfers packages using SSIS 2008/2012, also maintained the jobs running on Servers.
- Created SSIS Packages to perform filtering operations and to import the data on daily basis from the OLTP system, Staging Database to Data warehouse and Data marts.
- Excellent Understanding of Isolation Level, MOLAP, ROLAP, Normalization, De Normalization.
- Wrote SSIS Packages to migrate user’s logins, stored procedures, and functions.
- Responsible for implementation of data viewers, SSIS Logging, error configurations for error handling the packages.
- Developed Custom Functions, Manual Running Totals and Complex Formulas for reports used calculations, sorts, filters and sections to enhance data presentation in reports.
- Created many Cascaded parameters in the reports using SQL SSRS 2008/2012. Developed many Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Drill down Reports and Charts using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2008/2012). Also created many multi valued parameters in the reports.
- Used Reporting Services to consume data from SharePoint sites and display reports and dashboards on SharePoint sites.
- Highly involved in automating reports generated weekly and monthly basis for the client and business sales teams. Gathering details for the requirement, creating documentation and specification and updating to the wiki link. All reports where scheduled as per the delivery requirements. Thereby reducing the amount of resources involved.
- Designed and created reports based on technical specifications provided. Mapped data between Crystal Reports, Data Marts and the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Deploying, Testing and Scheduling SSIS packages using SQL Agent.
- Worked as Build Manager, to schedule and deploy tickets using tools like TEST TRACK, TFS, VSS and Jira.
- As in development team, worked with DBA teams for database update, system restarts.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012, SQL server Reporting Services 2012, MS SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 (SSAS),SQL Integration Services 2012, MS Visual Studio 2005/2008/2012 , ERWIN, MS Visio.
Microsoft BI Developer
- Great-West Financial is a leading provider of employer-sponsored retirement savings products and services for public, corporate and nonprofit employers
- Build SSIS Master and child packages for initial load of data and incremental (monthly) loads of data for small data marts.
- Managed the ETL function and use of staging tables.
- Intensively used SQL Server Integration Services to create the extraction and loading process.
- Develop ETL specifications, source to target mapping and other documentation required for ETL development.
- Develop test cases and plans, and assists with system testing
- Facilitate communication between developers and business users to ensure that customer requirements are correctly translated to appropriate data design specifications
- Work with business users to optimize information usage.
- Developed Reports Using SSRS on statistical data, Created Drill Down, Drill through, linked and sub reports using SSRS 2012.
- Assisted with Installation of Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012, SQL Server Integration Services 2008/2012, SQL Server Reporting Services2008/2012, and Team Foundation Server 2008/2012.
- Developed several reports using SSRS 2012 which had the following features - Drill Down, Drill through, linked and sub reports with various cascading parameters and visualizations using charts.
- Involved in the development of custom stored procedures, functions, triggers, SQL, T-SQL.
- Involved in the optimization of SQL queries which resulted in substantial performance improvement for the conversion processes
Role: SQL Server Developer
- Merged existing databases and to design new data models according to the requirements and perform daily database backup & restoration and monitor the performance of Database Server.
- Wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and Involved in performance tuning of T-SQL
- Created joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Used Data Definition Language and Data Manipulation Language for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Install and Configure SQL Servers 2005 and 2008 on development server for designing and testing.
- Analyzed reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures on the ongoing database operations, as needed, to resolve business problems.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Views, Triggers, Tables and other SQL joins.
- Maintained data integrity by performing validation checks.
- Provided research, design, and creation of a robust system ensuring effective processing of financial information from multiple external locations.
Environment: MSSQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , Windows Server 2003/2000, Windows NT, Visual SourceSafe, DTS, MS Access, Enterprise Manager, Analysis services 2000,HP Helpdesk, MS office 2007,VB macros.
- Data Migration to MS SQL Server using SSIS in BIDS and DTS.
- Performance tuning and Query optimization.
- Migrated SQL Server 2000 DTS packages to SQL Server 2005
- Designed and implemented several complex reports and administration modules.
- Defined stored procedures for module integrity and application.
- Wrote Procedures/Stored Procedures/Functions/Triggers in T-SQL for various applications which sit on top of the database.
- Performed backup/restore, and managed user security. Created database objects such as tables, procedures, triggers, constraints, indexes, and views.
- Implemented the indexes on columns having high selectivity, and low density to speed up the execution of data retrieval queries and stored procedures.
- Developed Entity-Relationship modeling for OLTP system using MS Visio 2003.
- Scheduling and maintaining SSIS Packages and batch jobs thru SQL Server Agent and thru various Shell scripts, VB script, and batch (.bat) files on a day to day basis.
- Developed SSIS Packages to populate Data Mart from various types of sources files (EXCEL, Access, Flat files, CSVs, OLEDB Sources).
- Experience in configuring with checkpoints, package logging, error logging and event handling to redirect error rows and fix the errors in SSIS.
- Maintained the physical database by monitoring performance, integrity and optimized SQL queries for maximum efficiency using SQL Profiler.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 , SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Service), DTS (Data Transformation Services), SQL Profiler, MS Visio-2003, MS Excel 2003, SQL Server BIDS, MS- Visual Studio 2005