- 7 + years of strong experience in the Database Design, development and deployment of large-scale enterprise applications.
- Experienced in all phases of the SDLC for Decision Support Systems including Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Development and Testing using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 suite of products (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, DTS).
- Broad experience with Relational Database Management System (RDMS), Data Warehouse Concepts, OLTP and OLAP.
- Extensive experience in Implementation of Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) platforms including Performance Point Server 2007 (PPS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in SQL Server 2005.
- Expertise in the usage of ETL tools including SSIS, DTS for large-scale Data warehouse implementation Projects involving conversion of data from heterogeneous data sources including SQL Server 2008 R2, DB2, and Oracle.
- Excellent T-SQL programming skills and experience in the development of SSIS packages using BIDS, complex Stored Procedures, Relational Database models and Data integrity, and SQL joins, Configuration Files, Tables, Views, Triggers and Functions.
- Worked with DBCC, DCL, DDL, DML Scripts and established relationships between tables using Primary Keys & Foreign Keys.
- Expert in Query Tuning and activities including Updating Statistics, Re-building and Re-organizing Indexes. Rebuild online index and worked with Dynamic Management Views (DMV) for improving query performance.
- Hands on experience in developing Custom Reports and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Experience in developing various kind of reports like Cascading parameters, Drill down, Drill through, Sub Reports, and Charts.
- Used DTS/Integration services (SSIS) to migrate data from one system to another and performed several transformations to ensure data integrity and validity.
- Experience in building Data Integration, Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
- Developed ETL process using SSIS with various control flow, data flow tasks and store procedures for work order validation process.
- Experience in creating SSIS packages to automate the Import and Export of data to and from SQL Server 2005 using SSIS tools like Import and Export Wizard, Package Installation and BIDS.
- Expert in writing basic MDX queries with experience in creating and customizing Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2005/2008.
- Excellent Knowledge in analyzing Data ware house by building cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Solid Knowledge in developing cubes using Partitions, KPI's, and Perspectives, slow moving dimensions and created various user roles (SSAS).
C, C#, Core Java, Asp .Net, VB, Xml, Ruby, Scheme
MS SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005/2008/2008 R2,2012,
Oracle 10g/11g/9i, MS Access 97/2000/2003 ,MySQL,
SQL Server Tools
Management Studio (SSMS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, Profiler, Performance Monitor, Database Tuning Wizard.
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
DTS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Data Modeling-Logical/Physical/Dimensional, OLAP, OLTP, ROLAP, SDLC.
Operating Systems :
Windows 98/NT/2000/XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, UNIX, LINUX
MS Office 200/2007/2012.
SQL Server Developer
Confidential, Lincolnshire, IL
With more than 600,000 products, Quill crop owned by staples is a pioneer in delivering office products, class room products, classroom technology etc.Involved in the development of genesis ETL platform to provide product or sku data to various Confidential etc. Development of one time initial scripts for converting pegase data to Genesis platform in order to setup product, web, etl Membership, transaction and profile databases Involved in Building new ETL interface, Created one-time scripts using t-Sql for converting pegase data into genesis etl platform.
- Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, TSQL Scripting for complex business logic.
- Optimized the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
- Extensively used Joins and CTE’S for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing, data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Database.
- Creating and importing data in xml files using Script task.
- Created SSIS packages to load using Various SSIS Tasks like Execute SQL Task, bulk insert task, data flow task, file system task, send mail task, active script task, xml task.
- Created SSIS Packages to export and import data from CSV files, Text files and Excel Spreadsheets and xslx files.
- Problem identification, troubleshooting, resolution, and index tuning databases.
- ETL logic merges for regression release to support one common database for all webs (merge code into one Database supporting multiple Business units).
- Created Alerts for successful or unsuccessful completion of scheduled Jobs.
- Diagnosing and tuning the server optimal performance using SQL Server 2008 SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Wizards.
SQL Server/SSIS Developer
Confidential, West Des Moines, IA
Confidential Firm owns a chain of convenient stores and also provides customers with quality gasoline products.Audit Process maintains Product Hierarchies, Bundles, sales and Packages for various client requirement of Kum & go Stores. Monitored budgets and reviewed financial transactions, daily sale reports and in order to ensure POS(Point of sale) Sales and journal sales are matching and also involved extensively in designing and implementing Fill gaps project for the audit process to be efficient.
- Actively participated in interaction with users, team lead, and DBA’s and technical manager to fully understand the requirements of the system.
- Writing queries to create stored procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, Triggers and CTEs (Common Table Expressions) for Intel ever changing complex financial business requirements.
- Using all kinds of SQL Server Constraints (Primary Keys, Foreign Keys, Defaults, Check and Unique etc.) Writing Complex T-SQL Queries, Sub queries, Co-related sub queries and Dynamic SQL queries.
- I've extensively used SSMS for creating partitions in tables, ranking tables, writing nested queries, creating indexes, and cursors.
- Performance-tuned existing stored procedures with severe efficiency issues, making them more user friendly and run smother.
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
- Performed data conversion from flat file into a normalized database structure.
- Created SSIS Packages using Pivot Transformation, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task etc., to generate underlying data for the reports and to export cleaned data from Excel Spreadsheets, Text file, MS Access and CSV files to Data warehouse.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse databases and data mart databases.
- Built efficient SSIS packages for processing Fact and Dimension tables with complex transforms and Involved in extracting the data using SSIS from OLTP to OLAP.
- Involved in creating Data mappings in SSIS and created data models using ERWIN tool.
- Developed SSIS Templates which can be used to develop SSIS Packages in such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Dev., Test and Production Environments.
- Executing data validation stored procedures in SSIS packages in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Involved in Deployment and Administration of SSIS packages with Business Intelligence development studio.
- Generated reports using SSRS and Excel (Pivot) that could be used to send information to diverse group of users, clients, and managers.
- I reverse engineered and created Functional Specifications on business logic for Client's documentation.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
I was involved in the design, development and implementation of critical ETL processes for the Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) Technology team. I initiated the development of a parameter driven ETL framework that supported SQL Server Integration Services environments and contained dynamic configurations, custom logging and a set of reporting for monitoring.
- Implementation of MS SQL Server 2008/2005 Management studio to create Complex Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions (UDFs) Views using T-SQL to evaluate result for the reports.
- Responsible for installation and Configuration of SQL Server 2005 and 2008 database and configuration of Report manager.
- Responsible for performing T-SQL tuning, multi-tasking and optimizing queries for reports which take longer time in execution with SQL Server 2008/2005.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
- Created SSIS Reusable Packages to extract data from Multi formatted Flat files, Excel, XML files into UL Database and DB2 Billing Systems.
- Developed, deployed, and monitored SSIS Packages.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for export heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source (Oracle), Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server 2005/2008.
- Performed operations like Data reconciliation, validation and error handling after Extracting data into SQL Server.
- Worked on SSIS Package, DTS Import/Export for transferring data from Database (Oracle and Text format data) to SQL Server.
- Created SSRS reports using Report Parameters, Drop-Down Parameters, Multi-Valued Parameters Matrix Reports and Charts.
- Generated and formatted Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Created reports with Analysis Services Cube as the data source using SSRS.
SQL Server Developer SSIS/SSRS
The Confidential offer various types of life insurance, from the pure protection of term life insurance to the flexibility and growth potential of universal and variable universal life insurance policies. The main goal of the project is to extract, transform and load data from different sources using Microsoft Integration Services and maintain them in a Data warehouse.
- Involved in designing, developing and deploying reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2008 and SSIS in Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Used SSRS to develop different kinds of reports like canned, ad-hoc reports for the State and Local Agency users.
- Involved in creating multiple parameterized stored procedures which were used by the reports to get the data.
- Worked on formatting SSRS reports using the Global variables and expressions.
- Created parameterized reports, Drill down and Drill through reports using SSRS.
- Deployed and uploaded the SSRS reports to SharePoint Server for the end users and involved in enhancements and modifications.
- Used ETL (SSIS) to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data into data warehouse.
- Involved in the Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Prepared the complete data mapping for all the migrated jobs using SSIS.
- Created databases and schema objects including tables, indexes and applied constraints, connected various applications to the database and written functions, stored procedures and triggers.
- Designed SSIS Packages to transfer data from flat files to SQL Server using Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Extensively used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Derived column, Data conversion, Aggregate, Conditional split, SQL task, Script task and Send Mail task etc.
- Used Execution Plan, SQL Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor to optimize queries and enhance the performance of databases.
SQL Server Developer
Confidential, Sans Francisco, CA
Confidential is one of the largest banking alternatives for Confidential consumer, investment, and premier customers, serving and selling to over 20 million customer inquiries each month.I was involved in the migration of databases from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005 to fulfill requirements for reporting. I also led the migration of several hundred DTS packages and their upgrade to SQL Server 2005 Integration Services (SSIS) environment. The migration effort involved a complete re-engineering of the ETL processes for combining data from multiple sources representing diverse environments including Oracle, Teradata. I also developed and deployed new packages and implemented a series of best practices rules for all packages in the SSIS environment.
- Designed, developed and deployed new packages in the SSIS environment to facilitate loading data from legacy systems and other diverse sources into staging.
- Enforce a series of best-practice rules and implement them for hundreds of packages being upgraded to the Integration Services environment to enable capturing the full benefit of Integration Services.
- Created reports on SQL server reporting services 2005.
- Built reports through Report Builder and Report Designer.
- Created reports using Report Model and applying row level security filters.
- Studied the existing OLTP system(s) and created facts, dimensions and star schema representation for the data mart.
- Designed and developed OLAP Cubes in SSAS.
- Integrated SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services with Microsoft Share point Portal Server to deliver automatically generated reports to the Share Point Portal (SSRS).
- Worked on PROCLARITY to create cost effective reporting and analytical solution.
- Worked on PROCLARITY to create OLAP data sets and queries are created directly from the Unified Dimensional Model.
- Designed, built the dimensions, cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Worked on Cube structure optimization for MDX query performance in Analysis Services 2005(SSAS).
- Extensively involved in designing the SSIS packages to export data from flat file source to SQL Server database.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2000 to 2005 and scheduled their execution time.
- Helped Development Team in deploying and testing the application, which uses SQL Server as a database.
- Used T-SQL for creating Stored Procedures, Indexes, Cursors and Functions.
SQL Server Developer
Confidential, Reliance Communications, is India's largest private sector information and communications company, with over 150 million subscribers. It has established a pan-India, high-capacity, integrated (wireless and wire line), convergent (voice, data and video) digital network, to offer services spanning the entire income value chain
- Managed high-availability SQL Server environment supporting financial, business intelligence and CRM systems with load-balancing across multiple data centers.
- Managed for business continuity and disaster preparedness in all database systems in multiple sites for storm coverage.
- Assisted clients with physical database modeling, data archiving strategies, data purges and disaster recovery planning.
- Implemented transactional replication to enhance the failover capabilities increased over all database manageability and improved performance.
- Development of automated daily, weekly and monthly system maintenance tasks such as database backup, replication verification, database integrity verification, indexing and statistics updates.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as Tables, Views, Indexes and referential integrity depending on user requirements and converting them into technical specifications
- Created complex stored procedures and functions to support efficient data storage, Archiving, Purging and manipulation.
- Conducting root cause analysis of application availability and narrow down to issues related to coding practices, database bottlenecks, hardware bottlenecks or network latency.
- Created Analytical reports by PROCLARITY tool.
- Performance tuning and optimization of procedures and queries.
- Interacted with higher management for reporting root cause analysis and suggested best practices to reduce the down time.