- 2 years of experience in IT of which more than five years in MS SQL SERVER 2005/2000 Database Development and Administration (DBA) in Windows environment.
- Experience in Capacity planning, Performance Tuning, Disaster Recovery, troubleshooting, backup and restore procedures
- Experience working with Window 2003 Enterprise Server and Windows 2000 Advanced Server – Administration and Installation.
- Extensive Experience in Installation, Configuration & Maintenance of MS SQL Server 2005/2000 Versions.
- Experience Working With Production, QA and Development Environments.
- Experience in Supporting Large Databases, Troubleshooting and documenting root cause analysis.
- Experience in implementing and managing transactional, merge and snapshot Replication models
- Experience T-SQL coding skills, including stored procedure and trigger development.
- Experience in Query Optimization.
- Experienced in Creating Databases, Stored Procedures based on Functional Requirements and System Design and Physical and Logical database design.
- Experience in Database Backup, Restore, Disaster Recovery Procedures and Clustering.
- Data Transfer from and to SQL Server Databases using utilities / tools like DTS, BCP, BULK INSERT etc.
- Experience in DB Partitioning
- Good in RDBMS concepts
- Implemented log shipping with SQL Server 2000.
- Knowledge on Data Mining.
- Experience in Tuning SQL queries & improving the performance of the Database.
- Good Experience in Data extraction using the Microsoft DTS, SSIS.
- Experience in Database Consistency Checks Using DBCC Utilities
- Experience in Upgrading SQL Server Software to new versions & applying service packs & patches.
- Experience in using tools like SQL Profiler and Performance counters for Monitoring and Tuning MS SQL Server Performance.
- Creation and maintenance of Databases, creating Roles and managing user permissions, resolving Blocks and deadlocks.
- Experience in Code Optimization And Improving Efficiency In Databases Including Re-Indexing, Updating Statistics, Recompiling Stored Procedures And Performing Other Maintenance Tasks.
- Excellent knowledge in RAID 0,1,5,
- Good Experience on SQL LiteSpeed a Backup solution for MS SQL Server.
- Knowledge in configuring and managing Linked Server, Data transfer between SQL Server and other Databases such as Oracle.
- Worked Extensively on Data Modeling tool (Power Designer)
- Worked extensively on CC(Clear case) versioning
- Monitoring SQL Server logs to ensure the backup operations , batch commands or other scripts and process have completed successfully
- Good knowledge in preparing and updating disaster recovery documentation.
- Knowledge about all phases of Software Development Life Cycle involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Monitoring SQL Server logs to ensure the backup operations have completed successfully.
- Experience in monitoring the disk usage and the memory usage of the servers.
- Implemented and documented proactive monitoring scripts for production and non production databases.
- Excellent Analytical, Interpersonal and Communication Skills & Desire to Excel, Fast Learner, Hardworking and Versatile Team Player.
SQL Server Tools
Enterprise Manager, Management Studio Profiler, Query Analyzer, DTS, Export & Import, Replication, SSIS,SSAS.
SQL Server 2000/2005, Knowledge on Oracle 8x and MS-Access
ASP, VBScript, Java Script, PHP, PERL
HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, IIS, Front Page
Windows XP/2003/2000/NT/ME/98/95, Unix,
T-SQL, C#, ASP.NET, C, C++, PL/SQL
SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 200
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
SQL Server DBA/Developers
Confidential enables and supports its business partners to develop & deliver products and technology services to its customers which is essential to the growth and success of Wells Fargo’s business. We a group of DBA team provides 24/7 PROD support and continuously interacting with developers for the support and maintenance of DEV and Test environment databases.
- Provided 24/7 line of business database support for the Wells Fargo Financial 3rd party application databases.
- Consults with and provides for guidance to database users recommending strategic solutions to fit the needs of the business.
- Performed business requirement identification and analysis.
- Worked with developers and data modelers on Physical Database Design.
- Supported over 40 servers and 250 databases.
- Involved in SQL Server 2005 migration.
- Actively participated in migration of SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 for the 3rd party application databases.
- Worked extensively on Production CR’s /WO’s.
- Created Maintenance Plans on all servers as part of Backup Strategy.
- Worked on database space issues.
- Migrated DTS packages.
- Created, maintained and troubleshooting DTS packages.
- Migrated data from Oracle, MS Access databases, flat files to SQL Server.
- Experienced in troubleshooting Stored Procedure’s, Views etc.
- Worked on Power Designer to extract the database scripts from the repository and deploy them.
- Worked on Clear case versioning.
- Troubleshooting SSIS packages.
- Setup Replication on Production and Reporting servers and troubleshooted replication issues.
- Installed and setup the SQL Serves as per the Standards of the Wells Fargo TIG.
- Worked on Documentation of the servers and of environment
- Experience in querying various system tables and running maintenance commands like DBCC etc.,
- Worked on Patching Support
- Worked on User audit on all production servers
- Developing DB admin related scripts, setting up admin jobs like replication monitor, data purge, and database data file shrink jobs.
- Experience in creating SSIS packages and troubleshooting them.
- Worked on 2Node (Active –Active) Clustering.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005RDBMS, Enterprise Edition, Windows 2000 & 2003 Server, DTS, SSIS, T-SQL, SQL Query Analyzer, MS Access , Power Designer 12.5 , Clearcase , PAC2000.