Over 6 years of experience in design, development and Database Administration of MS SQL Server 2012/ 2008R2/ 2008/ 2005 and BI development.
- Installing, configuring, administering and securing production servers and designing enterprise-wide database backup/recovery plans.
- Designing and implementing Backup/Restore Strategies for the SQL databases.
- Configured and Implemented SQL Server High Availability Solutions.
- Proficiency working on configuring Log Shipping, Bulk Insert and DTS.
- Expertise in implementing Disaster recovery plan for SQL Server Database such as Log-shipping, Mirroring and Clustering for High DB Availability.
- Experience in implementing different types of Replication Models like Snapshot, Merge and Transactional on basis of business specification.
- Handled multiple SQL Instances on Cluster environment for Server Consolidation projects built on SAN using RAID levels.
- Expertise in Data Extraction, Transformation, Validation and Loading using SSIS.
- Strong Experience in Complex SSIS packages for ETL operations in design, development and deployment.
- Expertise on Data Modeling, Logical and physical database design.
- Proficiency working on Forward engineering and Reverse engineering using ERWIN.
- Expertise implementing failover, space management, SQL server planning, user management, performance tuning, database maintenance and others.
- Fine tuning the performance of queries, stored procedures, triggers, cursors.
- Proficiency working on T-SQL in developing stored procedures, triggers, indexes and functions.
- Produced advanced Structure Query Language (SQL) reports.
- Expertise working on Infrastructure tasks such as Security Patching, Hyper-v – Managing VMs, User/Group Permissions, Build Engineering expertise and Active Directory.
- Expertise working on SQL Server migration, up-gradation, data recovery, security and audit.
- Experience in data modeling using Erwin & Visio tools.
- Good experience on SQL lightspeed, Red-gate and some other third party tools for Back Up and other solution for MS SQL Servers.
- Implemented TDE on sensitive databases.
- Worked on 24x7 Production issues and resolve the Performance Issues.
- Possess excellent communication skills, self-motivated, multi-task oriented with strong work ethics and ability to work efficiently.
Technical skill set :
Database MS SQL SERVER 2012/ 2008R2/ 2005, ORACLE 11g/ 10g
Database Tools T-SQL, Enterprise manager, BI Studio, Replication Server, Performance Monitor, ERWIN, Quest LiteSpeed, SQL RedGate, Toad, SQL*Loader
Operating Systems Windows Server 2008/2003, Enterprise Servers, Unix, Linux
Languages Transact SQL, SQL, PL/SQL and HTML
Release Management Code push, IIS, Server patching, Load Balancing, Software Installation,
Management Tools Team Foundation Server
Virtualization Windows 2008 Hyper-V and VMware
SQL server Database AdministratorConfidential, San Diego, CA
Confidential is an American global semiconductor company that designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecommunications products and services.
Project: The project is to create new databases according to business needs, install SQL Server 2012 on new servers and upgrade. I was responsible for database design, data migration from SQL server 2005, 2008 & 2008R2 to SQL Server 2012.
- Production supporting DBA activities in large environments.
- Designing SSIS packages those involved in different tasks like ETL, maintenance plans, monitoring etc.
- Analyzing and designing and implementing different types of Replication Models.
- Supporting Large Databases, Troubleshooting the problems.
- Spreading large tables to different file groups to achieve maximum performance.
- Writing TSQL code and complex stored procedures for different tasks. Tuning the code written by team members to achieve optimum performance.
- Setting up DR solutions using Log shipping, Mirroring, Always On (2012) in windows clustering environments for High Availability.
- Setting up monitoring alerts and dashboards in addition using of SQL built-in dashboards.
- Discussion with peers about performance issues, SQL Internals about log shipping, DB mirroring, replication etc.
- MS SQL Server installation, configuration, performance tuning, client/server connectivity, query optimization, back-up/recovery, running Database Consistency Checks using DBCC.
- Database creation, restoration, recovery, User/Schema Creation and maintenance Space Management.
- Monitoring Memory Usage, Monitoring batch jobs, Running trace and create standard reports on query performance .
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting SQL Server using Windows System Monitor, creating an Alert in Windows System Monitor, creating a SQL server Performance Alerts.
- Maintaining and Automating SQL Server like, Configuring Database Mail, creating an Operators, Creating Jobs, Alerts, Database Maintenance plans.
Environment: SQL server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server, T-SQL,
SQL server Database Administrator
West Chester, PA
Confidential is a leading global medical device company. Through its five product groups (Trauma, Spine, Cranio-Maxillofacial, Biomaterials and Power Tools) it develops, produces and markets instruments, implants and biomaterials for the surgical fixation, correction and regeneration of the human skeleton and its soft tissues.
Project: Manage Production, Development, QA and UAT Environment. Gave 24/7 support to all environments, managed servers in HA and DR. Project was to Upgrade SQL Servers from lower version to higher Version and manage HA and DR environments.
- Working as a Database administrator supporting pre-production and production environments.
- Expertise working maintaining high availability of SQL Server databases using mirroring and log shipping.
- Extensively used the DBCC commands to monitor server, Performance tuning experience resolving the long-running queries / stored-procedures and achieved significant performance improvement.
- As a DBA/Developer, I was involved in design, implementation and maintenance of the business critical applications and reports.
- Implemented Backup and Recovery Strategies for Production Servers.
- Monitoring the Production Servers and fix the SQL Server issues in VMWare.
- Configured Database mirroring from Production servers to standby servers.
- Implemented database storage specifications using capacity planning.
- Resolved deadlock and blocking issues.
- Performed backup, and restored the database with back up of specific objects and users of the database using export and import utilities.
- Designed and implemented Disaster Recovery site using SQL SERVER Log Shipping.
- Resolved production performance issues.
- Fine-tuned queries, assigned proper Indexes for better performance.
- Implemented Audit security policies and cleanup up the logins.
- Implemented/ maintained and support Database Replication.
- Ensured smooth running of the database by monitoring the growth of the database.
- Responsibilities include daily maintenance review, SQL optimization, disaster recovery planning and testing and custom software database installation support. Working with DBA's to support business critical corporate databases.
- Ensured that there is sufficient drive space on the SQL servers; take periodical Full/differential backups of all system and production databases.
- Developed automated daily/weekly/monthly system maintenance jobs such as Database backup, database integrity verification and indexing updates.
- Troubleshoot SQL server environments and monitor the DB performance by rebuilding indexes and updated the Statistics.
- Traced SQL Statements on different levels and events using SQL Profiler.
Environment: SQL server 2005/2008/2008 R2, Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server, T- SQL, MS Excel.
SQL server Database Administrator
Maryland Heights, MO
For 35 years Confidential has set the health care industry standard by providing innovative approaches to non-invasive diagnostic services, clinical trials, products and supplies.
Project: Manage Production, Development, QA and UAT Environment. Gave 24/7 support to all environments. -
- Worked on setting up/Troubleshooting high availability on production SQL Servers. Experience supporting about 250 client critical databases to ensure 99:95 % SLA.
- Configured Mirroring and failover databases during monthly patches/ during adhoc requests or needs.
- Expertise working on SQL Server database server migration from 2005 to 2008.
- Set up Mirroring to report server using Database Mirroring with High Performance Mode.
- Configured, deployed, supported and maintained reports on 2008 server.
- Extensive work experience on Setting-up and maintaining replication. Experience implementing Transactional and Merge-Replication.
- Setup daily Log-shipping from Production to Reporting servers.
- Build engineer performing release to production and code push across all environments.
- Support Lead for project working as Line-3 and Subject matter expert (SME) role providing Database Support/Maintenance.
- Manage, troubleshoot and fix Production Support tickets strictly adhere to the SLA.
- Worked on Server Patching, Creating and managing VMs using Hyper-V.
- Created staging Database and created new indexes for the import loads.
- Created SSIS Packages to migrate the data from database to Text files.
- Extensively used Red-gate and idera tools for database migrations.
- Worked with Dev and Test teams in setting up their VMs/Environments, bug fixes supporting the Databases permission issues granting and revoking database access.
Environment: MS SQL server 2005/2008/2008 R2, Windows 2003/2008 Server, T- SQL, MS Excel.
SQL server Database Administrator
Confidential makes software for mid-size and large medical groups, hospitals and integrated healthcare organizations-working with hospitals, academic facilities, children’s organizations.
Project: The aim of the project is to merge two companies and to provide benefits to members, providers and brokers based upon their eligibility and claim. -
- Worked on SQL Server DB Backup/Restore, database software recommendation, setup, configuration and Implemented backup strategy for PPE and Production support.
- Experience on SQL Server Installation/ configuration, log shipping, mirroring and Replication.
- Wrote DTS packages for regular Data imports and exports.
- Implemented ETL and reporting Process using SSIS and SSRS.
- SERVER Integration Services to upload and download the ETL DATA.
- Modifying the database structure, Monitoring user access to the database.
- Worked as part of Product team part of L3 team analyst 24x7 365 days support.
- Disaster recovery planning on SQL Servers. Implement DB mirroring and ensure high availability.
- DB backups/restores, monitoring SQL services, design, upgrade, customize and maintain SSIS packages.
- Monitor and support SSAS cubes to have updated data in PA-Intelligence reporting server.
- Creating stored procedures for custom data access.
- Setting up BACKUP/RESTORE and disaster recovery procedures to ensure minimal downtime and data loss.
- Task scheduling to automate processes /tasks like database backups, DBCC.
- Checks, database allocation checks, dumping transactions etc.
Environment: MS SQL server 2005/2008/2008 R2, Windows 2003/2008 Server.