Areas of Expertise
- 7+ years of experience as Business Intelligence Developer and Data Analyst in Production, Development and STAGING Environments.
- Extensive experience in Installation, Configuration and Updates of SQL SERVER.
- Worked in various domains like Telecom, Retail, Health care and Banking
- Hands on experience with SQL Server and T-SQL in constructing triggers, tables, user functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity
- Good understanding of ACID properties, RDBMS, Normalization /De-normalization and database modeling.
- Implemented Triggers at different levels of Database Objects to apply Security Constraints.
- Good at improving Performance using Table Indexes, Indexed Views by implementing Schema Bindings.
- Involved in Huge data migrations, transfers using utilities like Data Transformation Services (DTS), and SSIS, Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Bulk Insert.
- Experience in BI Development and Deployment of DTS, SSIS packages from MS-Access, Excel, and Oracle.
- Experience working with RDBMS and various databases such as SQL server, MS Access
- Experienced in programming tasks-Stored Procedures, Triggers and Cursors using SQL Server 2008/2012 with T-SQL.
- Knowledge in maintaining database integrityl
- Expert in creating various PL/SQL stored procedures, views, functions and temporary tables for data input to the SSRS REPORTS
- Good Experience in conditional formatting and writing complex formulae at the summary level and group level
- Extensive experience in Installation, Configuration and Deployment of SSRS using Scale-Out, Scale-Up and Local topologies.
- Expert in generating Sub Reports, Standard, Mailing Labels, Cross Tab Reports and Graph Reports by using Chart expert of SSRS
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL SERVER Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, and MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Excellent T-SQL Developer skills including Stored Procedures, Indexed Views, User Defined Functions, Triggers, and Distributed Transactions.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as well as part of a team
- Good organizational, time management skills and ability to work accurately and meet deadline
Tools: MS Excel 2013, Power View/query
RDBMS: Oracle 10g, MS Access 2000/2007, SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, C, Visual Basic
Operating Systems: Windows XP/07/08
Others: TOAD, SQL Loader, SQL Developer
ROLE: SQL/SSIS and SSRS Developer
Confidential, South Bend, IN
The Confidential Company is an American retailer. By revenue, it is the country's largest supermarket chain, second-largest general retailer and twenty-third largest company. Confidential is also the fifth largest retailer in the world. . In short, this project translates purchase insights and customer experience feedback into relevant, customer-focused actions in all areas of business.
- Extracted data from various sources like SQL Server 2008/2012, Oracle, .CSV, Excel and Text file from Client servers and through FTP.
- Handled Performance Tuning and Optimization on SSIS and MDX, with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills for quick issue resolution in large-scale production environments located globally.
- Created various complex reports and manage those using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2008/2005) according to ERLC.
- Created Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List & Chart reports, Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad-hoc reports, Drill down reports as well as interactive reports according to business requirements in time restricted environment.
- Created SSRS Report Model Projects in BI studio and created, modified and managed various report models with multiple model objects, source fields and expressions.
- Highly involved in creating, structuring, formatting using Report Designer and Report Builder.
- Involved in creation/review of functional requirement specifications and supporting documents for business systems, experience in database design process and data modeling process.
- Created Data-driven Packages in SSIS 2012 as part of the automating the process for the Referral Process.
- The packages created included a variety of transformations, for example Slowly Changing Dimensions, Look up, Aggregate, Derived Column, Conditional Split, Fuzzy Lookup, Multicast and Data Conversion.
- Reviewed & Tested packages, fixing bugs (if any) using SQL 2005 Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- Used SQL Loader to migrate data from legacy system.
- Exported reports to various formats like MS Excel, PDF, MS Word, Text, and CSV etc.
- Facilitating day-to-day communication between client and offsite team.
- Raised report alerts when certain conditions are not met as requested by the user.
- Support the Business Analyst with managing the user requests, perform complex analysis, dash boarding, report writing, and ensure the documentation is current.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2005/2000/2012 , SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, VB.NET and Import/Export tools, SQL Server Agent, MS Access, T-SQL
Confidential, Reston, VA
ROLE: SQL/SSIS and SSRS Developer
Confidential is a United States telecommunications holding company that provides wireless services and is also a major global Internet carrier. Worked on various Tele-sales and web-sales reports
- Involved in creating various PL/SQL, stored procedures, views and functions for data input into crystal reports.
- Developed stored procedures and created SSIS packages to migrate tables from the legacy
- Oracle database to Microsoft SQL database 2012.
- Used functions like InRepeatedGroupHeaders, WhilePrintingRecords, WhileReadingRecords and EvaluateAfter etc.
- Implementation and delivery of MSBI platform solutions to develop and deploy ETL, analytical, reporting and scorecard / dashboards on SQL Server 2008 using SSAS, SSIS/DTS, SSRS.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages for new ETL Processes and upgraded the existing DTS packages to SSIS for the on-going ETL Processes.
- Migration of DTS packages to SSIS packages
- Involved in Installation, Configuration and Deployment of Reports using SSRS with Scale-Out topology.
- Involved in SQL Server Configuration, Administration, Implementation and Trouble-shooting for Business work.
- Controlled, coordinated installations (Security Patches, Service packs) and evaluated the performance before deployment.
- Involved in daily code drops and archives on the production databases during maintenance windows.
- Involved in writing Stored Procedures and Functions, Cursors to handle database automation tasks
Confidential, Tucson, Arizona
ROLE: SQL Server Developer
Confidential is a large United States telecommunications carrier. Qwest is the premier provider of full-service communications for people at work, at home or on the move
- Involved in Creating and Testing the SSIS packages developed for security.
- Involved in creating SSIS packages to migrate large amounts of data.
- Involved in using SSAS data sources in SSRS reports.
- Worked for Investment Banking Sector for creating Reports as per User requirements.
- Coordinated meetings with business users and development teams to gather System requirements and data requirements.
- Performed admin tasks related to users, groups, folders, and security using Crystal Management Console (CMC).
- Worked on financial management tool MShare - an advanced solution for transfer agency and shareholder record-keeping software needs to deploy the reports and run them according to the fund type.
- Responsible for Customer communication and managing their expectations.
- Worked with Oracle 10g and created complex stored procedures and views according to the requirement for the reports using DBArtisan.
- Involved in design, development and documentation on various phases of product life cycle.
- Worked on already existing reports to optimize and troubleshoot problems that occurred due to new business requirements.
- Designed reports connecting multiple databases – Oracle 10g and SQL server 2005
- Provided On Call Support and end report testing after reports are deployed to production
- Performed unit testing, system testing and user acceptance testing (UAT) for reports
- Performed manual testing for the execution of large number of test cases and also done the Integration Testing to ensure that every module works together as a whole.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 ,Oracle 10g, DTS, C#, Asp.net, T-SQL, Windows XP/NT/2000, XML, MS Excel, MS Access.
Confidential, Grafton, WI
ROLE: SQL DEVELOPER
Confidential System provides a full range of medical care services to Cheese heads throughout southern Wisconsin. Guardian Health System s own and operates a network of dozens of clinics that provide specialty and primary care.
- Installing, configuring, administering and securing production servers.
- Setup new MS SQL Server instances and databases.
- Capacity planning of MS SQL Servers.
- Implement and maintain database security.
- Going through the clients' requirements and coming up with database design and application architecture.
- Written and executed complex T-SQL queries using SQL Server Management Studio for back end data validation testing.
- Plan capacity specification requirements for new database servers.
- Worked on Client/Server tools like SQL Server Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to administer SQL Server. Used SQL Server System Tables to retrieve metadata.
- Troubleshoot and minimize production down issues.
- Written many Stored procedures and Triggers as per clients requirements.
- Optimized the query performance by removing unnecessary columns, redundant and inconsistent data. Query performance was improved by normalizing tables, establishing necessary joins and creating useful indexes wherever necessary.
- Worked on Client/Server tools such as SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager and Query Analyzer to administer SQL Server.
- Running DBCC consistency checks, and fixing data corruption in application databases.
- Designed new job process, new database maintenance plans, DTS packages and did performance tuning of the existing processes.
- Created Scheduled maintenances and Backup procedures to the database as a disaster recovery method.
- Data Conversions and Data loads from various databases and file structures.
- Monitor failed and long running MS SQL Server jobs.
- Monitor, tune, and analyze database performance and allocate server resources to achieve optimum database performance.
- Maintaining User account administration for Different domains.
Environment: SQL Server 2008/2005, Oracle 10g/ 9i, .Net Framework 2.0, C#.Net, Asp.Net2.0, PL/SQL, TOAD, SQL Developer, Windows XP
Confidential, Irving Texas
ROLE: SQL/SSRS DEVELOPER
Confidential is an arts and crafts retail chain. Confidential is the largest such chain in the United States. It currently operates more than 1040 Confidential Arts and Crafts Stores located in 49 U.S. states and in Canada the company owns and operates the Aaron Brothers retail chain which consists of more than 140 stores. Confidential also produces 10 exclusive private brands including Recollections, Studio Decor, Bead Landing, Ashland, Celebrate It, Art Minds, Artist's Loft, Craft Smart and Loops & Threads. The corporate headquarters are located in Irving, Texas.
- Responsibilities include understanding the business functionality, direct interaction with users for specifications and developed reports using Crystal Reports.
- Involved in Installation, Configuration and Deployment of SSRS Reports using different topologies.
- Used Process Explorer for maintenance of stuck process, and to release the handles on files
- Trouble shooting the issues incurred while executing the Jobs
- Design and implement regular backup and recovery procedures
- Generated Script files of the databases whenever changes are made to stored procedures or views
- Design and implement DTS Packages for import/export of data from various sources like SQL Server Databases, excel and text data files
- Used DBCC commands to troubleshoot database issues
- Administered the MS SQL Server for the Users with appropriate Roles
- Performance Tuning and Normalization of database
- Monitoring SQL Server activity through Profiler
- Design & implementation of user Stored Procedures and Triggers for automating tasks
- Implemented and maintained transactional and snapshot Replication
- Fine tuned and carried out query performance
Environment: SQL Server 2005/2000/7.0 , .Net Framework2.0, PL/SQL, SQL Developer, MS Access 2003, TOAD, Windows XP.