- 7 years of experience with MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012 as SQL Server Database Developer in windows environment.
- Hands on experience in all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and Relational Database Architectures.
- Involved in analysis and also creation of the databases relationships using ER (Entity Relationship) diagrams.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft T-SQL statements (DDL and DML) including features like Temporary Tables, Raking Functions, Joins, Pivot, For XML path, CTE, While Loops etc.
- Experience in SQL Server installing, Configuration, Performance Tuning, Client-Server Connectivity, Query Optimization, Database Maintenance Plans and Database Consistency Check using DBCC commands.
- Well-versed in using database objects like Batch Scripts , Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Cursors, Indexes and User Defined Functions consumed at various stages of Migration/Cleansing process, Reports or Data Validation.
- Excellent Knowledge in RDBMS Concepts and Experience in Normalization of tables up to Third Normalization Form.
- Experienced in database administration work such as setting SQL Server Agent jobs for backups, developing high availability solutions through Replication, Mirroring, Creating Maintenance Plans, and Maintaining Database Security etc.
- Experienced in extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) data, from different Heterogeneous Data sources like MS Access, Flat File, Excel and Oracle, to MS SQL Server using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), DTS, Bulk Insert and Bulk Copy Program utility.
- Experienced in creating Logging, Break Points, Check Points, and use Error Handler in SSIS and automating the ETL process
- Expertise in designing SSIS packages to Import and Transform Data between Databases and External Data Sources.
- Experienced in configuring and maintaining Report Manager, Report Server and Repot Builder for SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Knowledgeable about other aspects of reporting service such as Report Authoring, Report Management, Report Delivery and Report Security.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with ability to work as a team member or independent player and ability to interact with clients.
- Sociable, Self-Motivated, Dedicated and Responsible individual with Excellent Work Ethics, Quick Learner, able to adapt well to changes on workplace.
Development: SQL server 2005, 2008, 2008R2, Microsoft Visual studio 2010, Oracle Hyperion (ESSBASE), Informatica.
ERP SYSTEM: Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009, People Soft 7.5
Security: Wire shark, Back track 5
LANGUAGES: C , C++ ,C#,Java, .NET,SQL
Architecture (Designing): Microsoft Visio 2010 ,SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio, sqlcmd, powershell and BIDS
ETL Tools: Data Transformation Services (DTS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Data Modeling: MS Visio 2000/2007/2010 , ERWIN 7.1, ERWIN 4.1
Sr. SQL Server/SSIS/SSRS Developer
- Interacted with business users in collecting the requirements, solving issues and making changes as required.
- Created and developed stored procedure, Triggers, indexes and functions to handle complex business rules.
- Worked on project specification documents, participated in data analysis meeting etc.
- Created and managed complex Batch Jobs and Stored Procedures which can exceed several hundreds of line of codes
- Designed and implemented a variety of SSRS reports such as Parameterized, Drill Down, SnapShot, Cached, Drill Through, Ad-hoc and Sub-Reports using Report Designer and Report Builder based on the business requirements using both Tabular and Matrix report formats.
- Involved in Performance Improvement of thus created reports and deployed reports onto Report Server and Report Manager and to SharePoint Server making those reports available for the end users.
- Used SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to develop various complex packages with parent child relationship that would collectively extract data from the raw extracts coming from Multiple Sources to two Staging Areas and finally to the Enterprise Data Source (EDS).
- Created interactive reports with SSRS, using the report parameters, query parameters, Filters and Expressions
- Developed packages to Archive Processed Extracts based on the date and also the Type of Source System.
- Active part in building Star schema and Snow flake schema based on the business requirements.
- Involved in Query Optimization to increase the performance of the Report which were used in optimizing the company’s inventory based on actual usage.
- Developed SSIS Templates which can be used to develop SSIS Packages such a way that they can be dynamically deployed into Dev, Test and Production Environments.
- Maintained Consistency in the Version of the Store Procedures and SSIS packages being worked by various members in the team and also responsible of Release Management of the final developed stored procedures and SSIS packages.
- Monitored the flow of data from the Relational Database to the Company’s Data Warehouse.
Environment: MS SQL Server (2008, 2008R2,2012), Visual Studio (2008, 2010,2012), VB 6.0,SSIS, SSRS, Query Analyzer, Windows Server 2003, SSAS, T-SQL, C#, UNIX
SQL BI Developer/SSRS developer
- Designed normalized database schemas for document repository project. Coordinated with business unit and development staff to design most efficient schema.
- Created and developed stored procedure, Triggers, indexes and functions to handle complex business rules.
- Involved in creating and maintaining Data Models using Erwin, MS Visio and SQL Server Management Studio to visualize complex data structures and modify tables and relationships.
- Actively worked in data mining concepts like Building Cubes and Dimension Modeling/Database Modeling, Design development, T-SQL Procedure, Power Pivot, Power View, creating Data Marts, Kimball / Inman Methodologies, Star / Snowflakes Schemas with different architectures and data sources using SSAS.
- Well versed with T-SQL scripts using DDL commands for various purposes like creating Database, Schemas and Database Objects.
- Developed complex queries to generate various database objects like Stored Procedure, User Defined Functions, Triggers, Views, Index.
- Scheduled jobs that would run on the less traffic hour using SQL Server Agent.
- Involved with ETL team and created packages using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to extract data from various feeder systems, apply required transformation and finally load the data to the destination data warehouse.
- Developed SSIS packages by effectively using different types of Blocking, Semi-Blocking and Non-Blocking transformations.
- Highly experienced in undertaking various tasks like Active-X Script task, Script Task, FTP Task, File System Task, Execute Process Task, Send Mail Task, Bulk Insert Task etc.
- Used multiple transformations including Fuzzy lookups, Merge, Merge Joins, Conditional Splits, Fuzzy Grouping, Derived Columns, Data Conversion, Union All etc in order to get the desired output before loading it to destination.
- Involved in applying Incremental Data Load to the data warehouse with ETL operations like lookup transformations.
- Designed and implemented SSIS packages to make data available for reporting purpose within a data warehouse.
- Worked with Clients and management to identify Reporting Needs, gathered and worked with Report Requirements and Specifications to meet the reporting needs.
- Worked with Manager and Business Analysts to configure Web URLs, E-mail and also Databases for reports.
- Used SSRS Reporting services to write complex formulas and to query database to generate different types of reports (Drill Down, SnapShot, Cached , Drill Through, Linked, Sub-reports, and Parameterized) for Business Intelligence.
- Created various formats of reports such as Tabular, Matrix, Charts reports to evaluate the aggregated data while using Global Variables and Expressions.
Environment: Windows 2003 server, SQL Server 2008/2008,VB 6.0/5.0 DTS, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, Access Data Analyzer, Visual Studio 2005, C#, Oracle, SSAS.
SQL BI Developer
- Analyzed the requirements and selected the dimensions based on the analysis requirements.
- Designed Tables, Constraints, Views, and Indexes, and created the Cubes/SSAS for Business Intelligence.
- Involved in writing Test Plans for SQL Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions.
- Created Views to facilitate easy User Interface Implementation and Triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Developed the ETL Process to load the data from the mainframe production databases to the Oracle database models.
- Involved in High-Level Documentation for SQL Server Database Design, Periodic Data Refresh, and Database Upgrades. And finally set standard, guidelines, and best practices based on the documentation.
- Executed Database Tuning, Performance Planning, Back Up Planning, and Database Administration.
- Participated in the Normalization and De-Normalization of database along with creating and managed Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes to improve database performance.
- Used Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler to optimize queries and enhance the performance of the database servers.
- Involved in writing scripts for Data Staging, Uploading, and Cleanup process.
- Designed SSIS packages dynamically that could run on various Environments by creating XML and SQL Server Configuration Files.
- Created Interlinked SSIS Packages by using Parent-Package Variables.
- Experience in SSIS Script Task, Look Up Transformations and Data Flow Tasks using T- SQL and Visual Basic (VB) Scripts.
- Developed OLAP model based on Dimension and Facts for efficient loads of data mainly based on Star Schema.
- Created the New Dimensions, Shared Dimensions, and Time Dimensions and implemented those dimensions while generating Cubes from SSAS.
- Hold responsibility for the creation and maintenance of Analysis Service objects such as Cube, Dimensions, MDX Queries, Perspectives, KPI’s, Scorecards and Dashboards
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008 , SQL Server Management Studio, TSQL, Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS), Oracle 9i, XML, Windows 2003 Server, Microsoft, SQL Profiler, OLAP
Junior SQL BI Server Developer
Reporting Developer (SSRS)
- Worked with various teams like Business Stakeholders, Business Analysts, Application Developers, and Production Teams to identify needs and followed by solution options.
- Involved in login and user management tasks such as Adding Logins, Roles, Groups to the Window NT and MS SQL Server.
- Extensively used Transact-SQL to implement the business logic.
- Created and managed Complex Database Objects such as Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions, Indexes and Triggers to meet business requirements and policies.
- Created complex ETL Strategies to populate the Data Warehouse/Data-Mart Facts and Dimensions.
- Involved in complete life cycle of database including designing of database, populating look up data, creating Stored Procedure as per the front end requirement and commercial transitions, writing Triggers, creating User Defined Functions, and creating views to simplify the complexity of data structure.
- Created report to improve the performance of SSRS
- Created ETL metadata reports using SSRS, reports include like execution times for the SSIS packages, failure report with error description.
- Used various formatting techniques like interactive sorting, grouping to created user friendly reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005, Windows Server 2003, SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS), MS-Visual Studio