- 20 years of IT experience in health insurance, finance, telecom industries out of which, 9 years of Database Administration, 5 years of Project Management/ leadership/Management, and 12 years of Application Architecture, Infrastructure, design, and development experience.
- Managing large team of DBAs/Architects
- Experience in setting up offshore DBA support model
- Managed large acquisition/data center migration projects
- Full project life-cycle experience in managing and executing IT infrastructure and development projects.
- Expertize in Oracle and SQL Server Database administration.
- Experience using virtualization technologies
- Expertize in implementing DR/HA solutions.
- Experience with BPM software such as Vitria Business Ware.
- Development experience with Filenet/WAL.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
Operating Systems: AIX 5/6, Windows 2000/2003/2008 , SUSE Linux 10/11, IBM z/OS.
Databases: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, and 8i, MySQL, Sybase, IDMS.
Languages: Java, C, PL/SQL, T-SQL, XML, Korn Shell, Perl, ASP, Pro*C, COBOL.
Tools: SSMS, vSphere, Toad, OEM 10g/9i, DBArtisan 8.0, Oracle DataPump, SQL*Loader, Quest Spotlight, and LiteSpeed.
Technologies: VMWare, Microsoft Clusters, Oracle Transparent Gateways for DB2, & SQL Server, Oracle Internet Directory, Oracle Active Dataguard, Oracle Applications, Apache, ASM, RMAN, Vitria BW, FileNet, LDAP, MQSeries, SSIS.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
Confidential headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, is a leading provider of health plans, including health maintenance organizations, preferred provider organizations, point-of-service plans, medical savings accounts and health plan administrative services to businesses, government-sponsored plans and individuals.
Role: Technology Manager
As Manager of the DBA team, responsible for managing the team of 10 SQL Server DBAs, who support Confidential ’s SQL Server environment. This includes providing support for 900+ servers, 8000+ databases, and 2000+ IT users. The team includes onshore and offshore DBAs, who provide 24x7 database support.
- Provide operational support for 900+ SQL Servers
- Managing and coaching the team
- Perform annual reviews and salary planning
- Security Approvals
- Support SOX audits activities
- Participate in Strategic planning
- Manage server installs
- SQL upgrades/migration to VM platform
- Assigning new projects and tracking progress
- Meeting with IT/business users
- Generating DBA utilization reports for senior management
- Conducting team meetings
- Conduct interviews
- Successfully transition DBA support from assigned DBA support model to the queue support model for better coverage and quick response to meet our SLA requirements. This required setting up a team of DBAs in India to provide night time coverage. Worked with the contracting vendor on selection process for DBAs, their training in US, and setting up infrastructure for providing support from India. For better coordination between onshore and offshore DBAs, we created queues for accepting, completing, and routing the pending work to the night time shift.
- Successfully improved team’s monitoring capabilities by having the team build SSRS reports for job failure, backup failure, and drive space issues.
- Implementation of self-service SSIS turn process
- Implementation of SSRS reports using data from work queues for management reporting and forecasting.
Oracle & SQL Database DBA Support:
- Provided day to day support for Oracle databases and SQL server databases.
- Performed production turns, create users, roles, profiles, and setup jobs.
- Performed data refresh using Data pump.
- Deploy/Debug SSIS packages.
- Create backup scripts, setup EM monitoring alerts, help users with SQL tuning issues, database performance monitoring and tuning.
- Provided on-call support.
- Provided support for Oracle transparent gateways for DB2 and SQL Server
- Certification and roll out of Oracle11g client on all servers and workstations.
- Upgrade/patching of Oracle 10g and 11g databases.
- Successfully implemented Oracle Internet Directory.
- Successfully tested and implemented Oracle Active Data Guard for disaster recovery and high availability.
- Successfully upgraded Oracle Sales application to release 11.5.9.
- Automated cloning of Oracle Apps databases.
Project Lead responsibilities:
- Responsible for attending the new project meetings for SQL Server and Oracle teams and gather database requirements for the project, give recommendation on hardware, software, licensing, and security requirements.
- Track projects; attend weekly server review meetings, to make sure correct hardware, software, and licenses are being ordered for the projects.
- Assign projects to DBAs.
- Coordinate with network services, enterprise backup team, and security to make sure servers are build as per requirements
- Plan and schedule server, database upgrades and patching.
- Supervision of offshore DBAs.
Env: Oracle 10g, APEX, AIXEmployer: Confidential
1) Pended Claims Workflow System - Designed and developed of a workflow engine to route claims into IPD workflow system using predefined rules.
Environment: AIX, Oracle, Pro*C, MQSeries, VB, FileNet, WAL 4.0, Korn Shell, IPD Workflow.
2) Claims Imaging System: Performed maintenance and support of JIMS software and different modules of claims imaging process.
Environment: IBM AIX, Sybase, Korn Shell, C, COBOL II.
Client: Confidential, Barrington, IL
Confidential is a leading provider of business lending and leasing in US and Mexico.
Risk Repository System: Involved in analysis, design, development, and testing of Risk repository database. Designed and developed process to load risk analysis data from IDMS to Oracle database.
Environment: IBM 3083, IDMS 12, JCL, COBOL II, VSAM, Oracle 7.3.
Role: Senior Systems Analyst
Client: Confidential, London, U.K.
Computer Assisted Maintenance of Special Services (CAMSS) System: Performed maintenance/enhancements, fault fixing, and daily support.
Environment: IBM 3090, MVS/ESA, IDMS 10.2, ADSO, COBOL II, JCL.
4. Employer: Confidential
Role: District Informatics Officer
As manager of district informatics center, performed planning, executing, managing, and implementation of software development projects at district government offices. Designed, developed, and implemented the very first computerized land records management system for the state government.
Environment: Xenix, Foxbase, Oracle
5. Employer: Confidential
Role: Trainee Engineer
Designed and developed weighing application software for Hand Held Terminals using assembly language.
Environment: X86 and Z80 Assembly languages, C, PLC.