- Over 7 years of strong experience with Demonstrated success in the Database Design, Development and Deployment of large-scale enterprise applications.
- Experience in MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000 suite of products like SSIS, SSAS and SSRS.
- Hands on experience with Database development in OLTP and OLAP.
- Experience in creating stored procedures, functions, triggers, cursors, tables, views, indexed views, temp tables, dynamic sql, CTEs, osql, sqlcmd commands.
- Solid knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems and Data Warehouse Concepts.
- Worked on T-SQL, DDL, DML, Primary Keys and Foreign Keys.
- Experience in using Try Catch block
- Designed and developed ETL process using SSIS to load data from various sources like Oracle, MS Access and DB2 into SQL Server 2008 R2/2005 databases.
- Created SSIS packages with Error handling, notifications and package configurations.
- Created audits/logging for SSIS packages on task level and package level.
- Worked on Control Flow tasks like For each loop, execute process tasks, execute package tasks, script tasks and Data Flow tasks like derived column, look up, merge, script, union.
- Used SSIS Checkpoints, property expressions and variables to customize data processing.
- Established ETL design practices for optimization and performance of packages and Parameterized SSIS packages with the use of environment variables.
- Extensive experience in report generation using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) from OLTP, relational databases and OLAP cubes.
- Hands on experience in developing Custom Reports and different types of Tabular reports, Matrix reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Experience in developing various kind of reports like Cascading parameters, Drill down, Drill through, Sub Reports and Charts.
- Creating YTD, MTD and WTD sales and inventory reports on store level.
- Developing report models to give users flexibility to create dashboards of their own choice.
- Created and Executed the Stored Procedures and Complex Queries for Reports.
- Worked on setting up SSRS reports for data driven subscriptions.
- Experienced in creating Cubes with Star Schema and Snow Flake Schemas using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) in SQL Server.
- Designing aggregations both manually and Usage based aggregations.
- Creating relations and attribute hierarchies in cube.
- Configuring user roles, groups, database email accounts and profiles.
- Deploying SSIS Packages, SSRS reports and SSAS cubes to production server
- Extensive experience in Administration Tasks like setting up batch jobs, configuring IIS, Data uploading, Backup and Recovery, Database mirroring, Log shipping, SQL Server Agent Jobs and monitoring day-day database activities.
- Creating Database partitioning, Databases/file groups/files/transaction logs.
- Understanding query flow using execution plan and tuning the query to use appropriate Scan/Seek (Index Seek, Index Scan and Table Scan).
- Using SQL server hints, DMVs and DBCC commands whenever necessary.
- Proven ability in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization.
- Experience in client interaction while providing technical support and knowledge transfer.
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, Windows 95/98/NT 4.0/XP/2000/2003 Server, UNIX
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL,DB2, C#, VB
RDBMS/Databases: MS Access, MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 R2, Oracle 8i/9i
Data Modeling: MS Visio, ERWIN
Database Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Profiler, Data Base Engine Tuning Advisor, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS. TFS
Web Technologies: HTML, XML, XSL, XSLT, ASP, VB.
Web Servers: IIS
Confidential, Irving, TX
- Responsible for creating reports based on the requirements using SSRS 2008 R2.
- Continuously interacted with users to gather the business requirements.
- Created design specification documents for the new reports developed through SSRS.
- Published ad-hoc reports through Report Manager.
- Used complex expressions to calculate, group, filter, parameterize, and format the contents of a report.
- Data Driven Subscription both Email And Windows File Sharing.
- Worked on generating reports using Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services and Excel spreadsheet.
- Deployed and uploaded the SSRS reports to SharePoint Server for the end users to look at them.
- Created Complicated reports like Parameter based Reports, Graphical Reports, Excel Reports, Drill-Down Reports, Matrix Reports, Chart and Tabular Reports using SSRS 2008.
- Fine-tuned existing reports by running execution plan on queries and identifying tables that need indexes
- Designed and Created databases, tables, views, stored procedures and triggers.
- Modified existing database by adding tables and relationships.
- Creating Star and Snow Flake Schema design using Visio, defining relations between tables
- (Primary keys, Foreign keys).
- Integrated Database Snapshots into SSIS and used Transactions in SSIS.
- Designed, modified and troubleshoot SSIS packages.
- Control Flows, which include tasks and containers that execute when the package runs. Organized tasks in sequences and in loops during creation of package in SSIS.
- Utilized SSIS Checkpoint, Loading Dimension with the SSIS slowly changing Dimension Wizard and used different SSIS Control Flows.
- Created ETL in DTS packages by using Data Transform Task, VBScript task, SQL task and send Email task to migrate data from different functional databases into SQL Server 2005
- Established ETL design practices for optimization and performance of packages and Parameterized SSIS packages with the use of environment variables.
- Created packages with different control flow options and data flow transformations such as Conditional Split, Multicast, Union all and Derived Column, look up, merge etc.
- Created notifications, alerts to let support team know in case there are any failures.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012 as SSIS Packages.
- Worked on SVN to manage code.
- Configured Error and Event Handling: Precedence Constraints, Break Points, Check Points,
- Logging, TRY and CATCH Blocks.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2/2012, Management Studio(SSMS), ETL, DTS, Crystal Reports9.0, Data Modeling, OLAP, Data warehousing, T-SQL, PL/SQL,DB2,SQL Profiler, IIS 6.0, Windows 2008 R2, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS 2005/2008, community server, SharePoint 2007.
Confidential, Ft Myers, F
- Created Star schema Dimension Modeling for the Data Mart using Visio and created dimension
- And fact tables based on the Business requirement.
- Involved in Database design process and Data modeling process using Microsoft Visio 2007.
- The data was extracted, scrubbed, formatted so it could be loaded to tables of a data ware house (ETL).
- Designed dynamic SSIS packages to transfer data crossing different platforms, validate data and data clearing during transferring, and archived data files for different DBMS.
- Created packages to pull data from OLEDB, XML, Flat file and Excel Sources.
- Generated database monitoring and data validation reports in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS 2008R2).
- Created multiple Stored procedures, views and ad-hoc reports to generate usage reports
- Using SSRS delivering enterprise, Web-enabled reporting to create reports that draw content from a variety of data sources.
- Designed, Developed and Deployed reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS-2008R2.
- Experience in generating On-demand and Scheduled Reports for business analysis or Management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Experience in designing complex reports including sub reports and formulas with complex logic using SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS).
- Experience in creating multiple reports (SSRS) in Drill mode using tables, financial tables, crosses tabs and charts.
- Worked with report parameters and performed Parameterized and cascading parameterized reports using SSRS in Visual Studio.
- Built MDX queries and Data Mining Expression (DMX) queries for Analysis Services & Reporting Services.
- Developed data interface layer using ASP.NET and C# for data access.
- Extensively used Data Grid for sorting, paging, and editing data Created Custom web parts using SharePoint Object Model and SharePoint web services.
- Worked on Change Management Cases to resolve the production change request issues based on the Specifications provided.
- Worked on Team foundation Server source control (TFS) to manage code.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008R2, SSRS, SSIS, MS SQL Server Analysis Services 2008, OLAP, Performance Point Server 2007, ETL, UML, Erwin, DTS/SSIS, BIDS, SharePoint Portal Server 2007, Windows 2008.
Confidential, Coppell, TX
- Installation and configuration of SQL Server.
- Worked with T-SQL to create Tables, Views, Triggers and Stored Procedures.
- Experienced in Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Responsible for Deploying the SSIS packages and scheduling the package through Jobs in all Tiers including Dev, INT, UAT and Production
- Designed high level ETL architecture for overall data transfer from the OLTP to OLAP with the help of SSIS.
- Deploy SSIS Package into Production and used Package configuration to export various package properties to make package environment independent.
- Experience in creating Tablix Reports, Matrix Reports, Parameterized Reports, and Sub reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008.
- Experience in writing MDX queries for cubes and Performance optimization of MDX queries.
- Regular responsibilities for updating and staging the dimensional databases as well as rebuild the Dimensions and cubes in Analysis Services.
- Experience in creating Ad-hoc reports Using Report Builder 1.0 and Report Builder 2.0.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, Building and Testing of OLAP Cubes with SSAS and in adding calculations using MDX.
- Experience in configuring and deploying SSRS reports onto Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
- Used Performance Point Server to create interactive reports with an ability to drill down into details.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SQL server Reporting Services 2008, SQL Analysis Server 2008, SSIS,VSS, Microsoft Visual Studio 2007, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Excel, T-SQL.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Installing different Hot fixes for Deadlocks, Blocking and indexes.
- Detection and resolving of Blocking and Deadlocks using Profiler.
- Monitored testing servers for long running stored procedures, queries using profiler and recommended clustered and non-clustered indexes using DTA.
- Created DTS packages to Copy Tables, Schemas and Views and Extract data from Excel and Oracle using SSIS.
- Transformed data from various data sources using OLE DB connection by creating various DTS packages.
- Used BCP command line utility to replicate a database.
- Extensive experience in designing, creating and deploying SSIS packages for transferring data from flat files, excels spreadsheets and heterogeneous data to and from SQL Server.
- Used Erwin tool to visualize complex data structures, inventory information assets and establish enterprise-wide standards for managing data.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as tables, views, joins, clusters, indexes, functions, procedures, triggers & maintaining Referential Integrity.
- Implemented SSIS data transformations scripts, created maintenance procedures and provided data integrity strategies.
- Developed reports using SSRS 2005. Used Table control, Matrix control for cross tab reports.
- Created standard Reports and Cross Tab Reports and Drill Through reports.
- Generated Reports using Global Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Responsible for scheduling the Subscription Reports with the subscription report wizard.
- Created different Chart Reports helped in analyzing perform counters using SSRS 2005.
- Troubleshooting performance issues with Fragmentation using Profiler, System Monitor and DMV’s.
- Import Data from MS-Access Database and XML to SQL Server Database.
- Performed daily tasks including backup and restore by using SQL Server 2005 tools like SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Profiler, SQL Server Agent, and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005, SSIS 2005, SSRS 2005, Visual Studio 2005/2008, Microsoft Office share point 2007, windows 2000/2003/XP, .NET Framework, C#, VB, ASP.NET, ADO.NET
Confidential, Port St. Lucie, Florida
- Design and create Database, Tables, indexes, and Views, in SQL Server management studio.
- Create Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Functions for the Application, extensive testing on the Performance of the Stored Procedures.
- Created and maintained database, tables, views, indexes, and constraints to implement business rules by using Query Analyzer and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Deploying and scheduling Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status.
- Generated reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2005/2008 from OLTP and OLAP Data sources.
- Managed index statistics, Tables, Views, cursors and optimizing queries by using execution plan for tuning the database.
- Suggested creating Clustered and Non-Clustered indexes on Tables.
- Implemented the Migration of DTS packages from SQL Server 2000 to SSIS in SQL Server 2005.
- Implemented Disaster Recovery Plan by maintaining Backups and performing the Restoring of the system and user databases
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Views and Triggers according to the business needs and also done optimization to some objects so that they run efficiently.
- Used complex join conditions to retrieve data from the database
- Optimized indexes using the Index Tuning Wizard and Rebuild indexes.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and the server activity.
- Created Job schedules to automate the routine tasks, extracted data from Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Provided 24x7 on-call supports and supported systems beyond regular hours/ weekends/ holidays.
Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2005, SSIS 2005, SSRS 2005, SSAS 2005, Visual Studio 2005/2008, Microsoft Office Performance Point Server, Planning Business Modeler, Microsoft Office share point 2007, windows 2003/XP/vista, .NET Framework, C#, VB, ASP.NET, ADO.NET.
- Involved in ER diagrams and mapping the data into database objects.
- Installed and Configured SQL Server 2000 successfully.
- Design of the Database and the Tables.
- Build table relationships and wrote Stored Procedure’s to clean the existing data.
- Developed SQL scripts to Insert/Update and Delete data in MS SQL database tables
- Evaluated database performance and performed maintenance duties such as tuning, backup, restoration and disaster recovery,
- Written complex SQL statements using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries.
- Worked on Stored Procedures and Database Triggers. Worked on large number of Business Analytical Functions.
- Developed SSIS packages to bring data from Oracle, Excel and Flat Files using MS Business Intelligence (BI) tool.
- Involved in Job scheduling and alerts.
- Generated database SQL scripts and deployed databases including installation and configuration.
- Designed and implemented user log in and security.
- Resolved any deadlocks issues with the databases / servers on a real-time basis.
- In-depth working knowledge of ODBC.
- Involved in requirement gathering, analysis, design, development, change management, deployment and User Training.
- Created many complex stored procedures / functions and used them in Crystal Reports directly to generate reports on the fly.
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005 Enterprise Edition, .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Erwin, XML, T-SQL, SQL Server 2000, SQL Server 2005, SSIS 2005,SSRS, SSAS, VisualStudio.NET IDE, Windows 2000 Advance Server, Windows 2003 Advance Server, ASP, MS Excel, MS Access, Visual Studio 2005