Over 7+ years of experience in Database Development and Business Intelligence Tools of Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2008r2/2008/2005 with various domains such as Insurance, Manufacturing, retail, Finance, and Healthcare Industry.
- Experienced in Database design and development using SQL Server 2005/2008/SSIS/SSRS.
- Good knowledge and experience in developing Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS), including Normalization, ER Diagrams, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, Data Import/Export, Triggers, Cursors.
- Involved in creating SSIS packages using control and data flow elements.
- Sound knowledge in Extracting, Transforming and Loading data using SSIS packages, SQL Server Import Export, Bulk Insert and BCP.
- Used SSIS transformations such as Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Column, Data Conversion, Aggregate, Conditional Split, SQL Task, Script Task and Send Mail Task.
- Expert in Developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the Data warehouse from heterogeneous databases such as Oracle 11g and 9i, DB2.
- Worked on Performance tuning, indexing for data manipulation and data consistency.
- Expert in Creating and Deploying SSRS Reports.
- Extensive experience in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports, Formatting report layout, Sub reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2008r2, and 2008.
- Involved in creating Fact and Dimension table.
- Sound knowledge of Star and Snow Flake Schemas.
- Experience in deployment and scheduling of reports using Configuration Manager.
- Experienced in Conceptual, Logical and Physical Database design and development, Normalization and Data modeling using Erwin.
- Scheduled jobs using SQL Server Agent and troubleshoot any failures or alert problems.
- Worked extensively on taking Back-up of new data and Recovery of old data when needed.
- Troubleshoot Performance problems using Dynamic Management Views (DMV), SQL Profiler, and Query Analyzer.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team.
MS SQL Server 2012/2008r2/2008/2005, SSIS 2012, 2000r2, 2008, and 2005, SSRS 2012, T-SQL, PL/SQL, 2000r2, 2008,2005, Erwin 8.0/7.2, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010/2008, Windows 2008/2003 Server, MS SQL Server Agent, MS SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, C, C++, HTML, Oracle 11g,10g and 9i, Index Tuning Wizard, Microsoft Office.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
MS SQL Server Developer/BI Developer
Confidential is widely growing healthcare solution providing company. It got so many centers across the globe. It provides Financial, IT Management and consulting services to the clients. The goal of the project was to assist in the implementation of projects related to HCL data warehouse. The project required to use T-SQL and SSIS to extract data from sources and push that data through staging into reporting layer by migrating the data from various heterogeneous data sources such as Oracle, MS Access, MS Excel and flat files into SQL Server 2012/2008r2.
- Created various database objects such as Stored Procedures, Functions, Tables, and Views and wrote T-SQL queries to retrieve data from various tables.
- Wrote T-SQL Queries based on existing PL/SQL queries to move old data from Oracle to SQL.
- Designed and developed data modeling for the data marts for teams with specific operations.
- Used SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse and Data Mart databases. Migrated data from various sources such as Oracle and Access database, flat files to centralized destination.
- Transformed data from one server to other servers using various transformations in SSIS.
- Created SSIS Packages to extract data from multi formatted Flat files, Excel.
- Involved in designing, developing and deploying reports in MS SQL Server environment using SSRS and SSIS in Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server Data Tools.
- Responsible for performance tuning and query optimization using inbuilt SQL tools.
- Created complex Excel reports and Ad-hoc reports based on the requirements.
- Scheduled and automated reports using SSRS.
- Produced operational reports in SSRS 2012 i.e. Drill-Down, Drill-through, Dashboard, Sub-Report, and Matrix reports containing operations, sales and manufacturing data .
- Attained legacy data to use as a source to develop new reports previously compiled and maintained manually.
- Maintained Backup of the data, created Job failure alerts using SQL Server Agent and restore data from the backup on request.
Project Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Management Studio, BIDS - SSIS, SSRS, SQL Agent, SQL Profiler, T- SQL, Windows 2003 server, Oracle 11g, Erwin8.0
Confidential, Lois, MO
MS SQL Server Developer/ SSIS Developer
Confidential is one of the largest independent banks in US. It is a diversified financial services company providing consumer, commercial, insurance, retail investment and trust services to personal and business banking customers. The main objective of the project is to design logical and physical database and administrating database performance for OLTP and OLAP processes. The project also involved creating SSIS package and taking backup of database.
- Involved in planning, defining and designing data and provided documentation.
- Actively involved in different stages of Project Life Cycle.
- Involved in Data Integration by identifying the information needs within and across functional areas of an enterprise database upgrade and scripting/data Migration with SQL server Export Utility
- Involved in development of database using DDL, DML and Indexes, Views, Cursors, Triggers, User Defined Functions and Stored Procedures with Normalization concepts.
- Responsible to create various Tables, Views and Functions based on the requirement specified by EDW team and wrote complex Join statements for combining data from various Databases and tables in different relational model database server such as Oracle.
- Created SSIS packages to import and export the data between SQL server, Flat files and Excel files.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to OLAP systems.
- Designed, configured and deployed SSIS packages.
- Worked on various database maintenance tasks in SSIS.
- Worked on performance tuning on several existing stored procedure.
- Fine-tuned SQL queries for maximum efficiency and performance using MS SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Execution Plan and Index Tuning wizard.
- Helped in Rebuilding the Indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
Project Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSRS, SQL Profiler, T-SQL and PL/SQL.
Confidential, Lakeway, TX.
MS SQL Server Developer/ SSIS Developer/ SSRS Developer
Confidential is one of the fastest growing companies. It provides cost effective solutions for retail electric providers. In short it's a complete customer care lifecycle provider for retail electric providers. This company uses wide data of customers to keep clients works organize. This uses mapping of each and every data provided by the customers and maintains a relationship of all the data. The project was to extract data from various heterogeneous sources and server locations and load into SQL Server 2008 and create SSIS packages and periodic product and sales reports based on different office locations.
- Created Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views, T-SQL code and SQL Joins for applications.
- Created SSIS packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to a centralized SQL server using OLEDB providers from the existing diversified data sources.
- Designed SSIS packages to transfer data from various sources like Flat files, Excel, MS SQL Server 2008.Used SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse databases. Extracted data using SSIS packages (ETL) from different server locations and data sources like Excel, CSV, flat file, and Text Format Data, and load data using Lookup, Fuzzy Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term Extraction, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Deployed packages from development server to production server.
- Worked with application developers and production teams across functional units to identify business needs and discussed solution options.
- Generated periodic manufacturing survey, inventory of raw data for manufacture, marketing and sales reports based on the statistical analysis of the data from various time frame and divisions using SSRS.
Project Environment: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, BIDS - SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS, T-SQL
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
MS SQL Server / SSIS Developer / DBA
Confidential East is a multi-institutional Confidential system, co-sponsored by seven religious congregations and Hope Ministries, a Public Juridical Person within Confidential .T he main project goal was to use integration services to extract data from sources and push that data through staging and create package.
- Involved in Planning, Defining and Designing data based on business requirements and provided documentation.
- Created effective functions, appropriate Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Transformed complex business logic into Database design and maintaining it by using SQL objects like Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, and Views.
- Successfully implemented indexes on tables for optimum performance.
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases.
- Use various SSIS transformations such as Conditional Split, Derived Column etc., which did Data Scrubbing, including data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Applied ETL to implement the Slowly Changing Transformation, to maintain Historical Data in Data warehouse.
- Created ETL packages with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat files, Excel source files) and loaded the data into target tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS 2005.
- Created SSIS packages to extract data from OLTP to Data warehouse systems and scheduled Jobs to call the packages and Stored Procedures.
- Performed Documentation for all kind of SSIS packages.
- Developed logging for ETL load at the package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS 2005.
- Schedule and maintain Full, Differential, Transactional Log backup and restore the data using restore with recovery and restore with no recovery option.
- Worked on locking, blocking and dead lock issues.
- Involved in performance tuning of slow running queries using execution plan and index tuning wizard.
- Scheduling jobs and alerts using SQL Server Agent and configure database mail for any job failure.
Tools &Technologies: T-SQL, MS SQL Server Integration Services 2005, Visual Studio, Windows XP, MS Office 2003, MS Access.
Confidential, Lewisville, TX
Confidential is a national mortgage lender and servicer. NationStar originate mortgages directly to consumers through call and as well as Wholesale Lending and Distributed Retail Channels. The project was more on the upgrading of the server from a SQL server version 2000 to the SQL 2005 version. Implementation of user login and security was developed and implemented disaster recovery and database maintenance plans was established.
- Mostly involved in gathering business Requirement and Online System Specification and building up a solution to implement in CAIS.
- Implemented batch processing for approval process by creating a wrapper driver which used ISQL conducting various BCP, select out and select into commands.
- Wrote complex stored procedures to process prospective customer information and balanced the processing load between front end and back end.
- Enhanced the old logical and physical database design to fit new business requirement, and implemented new design into SQL Server 2000.
- Successfully migrated old data from legacy systems (FoxPro) and external system including DB2 and excel into SQL Server 2000 using DTS, BCP and ActiveX scripts.
- Created scripts to verify and reconcile the migrated data from legacy system to CAIS.
- Developed interface store procedure to upload customers driving record from DMV in XML format to CAIS.
- Monitored query using query analyzer and tuned queries and procedures to boost database performance.
- Used SQL profiler to optimize remote procedures and queries by creating workload files and setting various filters and parameters like cash hit ratios.
- Created stored procedures to backup transaction logs, flush/grow/shrink log files, maintaining and archiving tables.
- Assisted in designing and creating user Interface.
Tools &Technologies: MS SQL Server 2000, MS Access, DTS (Data Transformation Service), BCP, Query, Erwin3.5, Windows Performance monitor, text files, Windows XP.