Experienced IT professional with a solid blend of development and systems engineering experience. Familiar with a wide range of technologies and architectures as well as a numerous programming and scripting languages. Fearless, confident, and successful when it comes to learning new concepts, architectures, paradigms, principles, and languages. At the core of all this is a fierce commitment to deliver a top notch solution to the meet the needs of the customer, as well as throwing in a few bells and whistles along the way.
- ASP and ASP.NET
- .NET Framework
- .NET remoting
- .NET threading
- Asynchronous processing
- VB6, VB.NET, C/C++, C#
- Win32 apps
- WCF & WF
- Windows Services
- HTML, CSS, XML
- SQL and TSQL
- IIS (5.0 - current)
- SQL Server (7.0 - current)
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Windows Server (2000 - current)
- Visual Studio 2003 - 2012
- Version Control (Subversion, Git, TFS)
- Jasmine Testing Framework
- Test Driven Development
Confidential, Sioux Falls, SD
Part time, contract development position for project to convert legacy ASP classic application to ASP.NET MVC application. Responsible for designing software and project architecture, as well as implementing and coaching Confidential ’s developers on developing with the .Net Framework and ASP.NET MVC.
Confidential, Sioux Falls, SD
MobileStar Lead Developer
Development Team Lead for custom telemetry consulting startup group, within a hydraulic manufacturing, service, and distribution company, that provided telemetry solutions with an in-house created system called MobileStar. Entered the organization on the heels of a tragedy, where the founder of the group (and creator of the MobileStar system) passed away in an accident. Helped to stabilize current system (built using MySQL, PHP, Adobe Flex, and VB.NET) to ensure short-term scalability, and served as primary technology knowledge resource for Group Manager and ownership. Assisted Group Manager in selecting and growing staff. Mentored less experience members of the development team. Advised ownership on feasible options of technological direction. Created code style guide, QA standards, and development processes to be used by team. Worked with Group Manager to select technologies and tools utilized to provide the MobileStar solution, as well as establish technological roadmap for the future of MobileStar. Involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle from initial meetings defining project scope, to requirement documentation, design, development, testing, and maintenance. Worked with Group Manager to plan and lead project to re-architect and rebuild the MobileStar system as a service oriented architecture, leveraging various technologies of the Microsoft stack (WCF, ASP.NET MVC, SignalR, SQL Server). This project utilized outside contractors for a significant portion of the development work. Served as chief architect and main point of contact for development team on the project.Confidential Sioux Falls, SD
Part time development position creating and maintaining web and windows service applications that submit, query, and evaluate the use and price of energy. The service applications are created with the .NET 4.5 framework, and utilize a range of protocols and technologies, including SOAP, XML, XSLT, and Windows Communication Foundation (WCF). The web application is built on the Sitefinity CMS and all custom tools are exposed via custom user controls. Aug. 2004 - March 2012 Avera Health Sioux Falls, SD Senior Application Development Specialist/Lead Application Development Specialist Full time application development position for Avera Confidential and the Avera Health system. Responsible for creating and maintaining custom applications, as well as working with and/or advising vendors of 3rd party web applications used at Aver Confidential . Involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle from initial meetings defining project scope, to requirement documentation, design, development, testing, and maintenance. Also maintained and administered various web and database servers, and assisted management with recommendations for hardware and software purchases relative to the realm of application development.
- Helped to define coding and documentation standards used by developers at Avera Confidential .
- Utilized unit testing via Visual Studio to test object classes.
- Developed .NET Framework applications using VB and C#.
- Developed various web applications utilizing ASP.NET AJAX.
- Created numerous DTS packages to move data in and out of MS SQL Server (many with custom scripting).
- Created an image repository web application, which stored images of various formats in a SQL Server database, and allowed them to be retrieved in various aspect ratios. The application allowed for a central point of access and storage for the marketing departments of the Avera system, saving time in searching for logos and other images in various network drives.
- Developed various applications that utilized Crystal Reports for Visual Studio. Applications programmatically pass parameters to reports and display them in a report viewer, allowing users to print or port to other formats.
- Designed and developed Avera Confidential Physician Screensaver. This is a win32 application written with the .NET framework 2.0. The app synchs images from a network share to the client machine and displays an image at a random location on the screen before moving it to another random point on the screen.
- Responsible for setup, deployment, and administration of a Windows SharePoint Services farm for the entire Avera Health system, as well as being a major contributor to the SharePoint governance plan utilized by Avera Health, and making customization to SharePoint sites using SharePoint Designer.
- Created a password tracking web application which used the AES encryption algorithm to secure the data. Passwords could only be viewed through the web application, which was secured via role membership.
- Developed a health coaching and analysis application for the Corporate Health department at Avera Confidential . The application serves as an invaluable tool to the Corporate Health department to help benchmark and improve the overall health of the workforce of their corporate clients. This robust application contains features for the creation of custom programs and assessments for various health conditions, as well as goal setting, and individual and group coaching. Flexible self-service reporting is supplied via SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Designed and developed application for managing network and mail accounts at Avera Confidential . The application interfaces with Active Directory, MS Exchange, and the NTFS file system. Because of the complexities of the Avera Health network, the application consists of a web application and a couple of windows services, and utilizes .NET remoting and asynchronous processing. Before the application was created the account creation process would take network analyst 5 - 10 minutes to complete. The application cuts this time to around 30 – 90 seconds.
- Worked with team to quickly recover web server and re-establish a distributed COM environment after catastrophic hardware failure.
Confidential, Sioux Falls, SD
Positions Lab Assistant