- Over 8 years of IT experience as a MS SQL Server Developer 2008R2/2012 in various Industry verticals like Retail, Insurance and Finance.
- Experienced with all phase of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Extensive experience in MS SQL Server 2008R2/2012, Business Intelligence in MS SQL Server Integration Services(SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services(SSRS).
- Experience in requirements gathering and analysis.
- Experience with T - SQL Programming, query optimization and performance tuning.
- Expertise in designing complex reports using Cascading parameters, Drill-Through Reports, Parameterized Reports and Sub reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expert in Creating and Deploying SSRS Reports and report models on the report manager for user accessibility.
- Involved in creating Dashboards, as needed using Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server.
- Extensive experience in SQL and ETL tools particularly the RDBMS, design and architecture, optimization and maintenance
- Experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating reports, Formatting report layout, reports using Global Variables, Expressions, Functions, Sorting the data, defining data source and subtotals for the reports using SSRS 2005/2008R2/2012.
- Highly proficient in handling Drill-Down, linked, Cross tab and chart reports using SSRS.
- Experienced in designing and developing large amounts of enterprise reports (SSRS/Crystal Reports) using the data from ETL Loads and various heterogeneous data sources.
- Thorough Knowledge on Data Warehouse concepts like Star Schema, Snow Flake, Dimension and Fact Tables.
- Hands on experience in Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) development using SSIS.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with Relational Database Management Systems, including Normalization, Stored Procedures, Constraints, Querying, Joins, Keys, Functions, Sub Queries, etc
- Knowledge of Query execution plan and experience in performance tuning
- Exceptional versatility and adaptability, extremely diligent, strong team player with an ability to take new roles. Excellent communication and strong analytical skills.
- Strong soft skills utilizing Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Effective in working independently and collaboratively in teams and also responsible for coordination between onsite and offshore teams in various projects.
- Self-motivated and enjoy working in a technically challenging environment with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Databases: SQL Server 2008 /2008R2/2012
Languages: SQL, T-SQL, BI, ETL.
Reporting: SSRS (MSBI), Tableau, MS Excel
Knowledge of: SSIS
Basic knowledge of: Cognos
Elementary knowledge of: Crystal Reports
Confidential, Washington, DC
MS SQL BI ETL Developer
- As a member of Database and BI Reporting team, extensively worked on T-SQLs, Data loads and Reports
- Primary responsibility is to create reports using SSRS from various sources like SQL Server 2012/2008R2
- Built SSRS project to generate reports with desired formats(Tableau, Word, PDF, Excel and etc) to present statistics information according to business requirement
- Worked with various business units to understand reporting requirements to provide practical and cost effective solutions.
- Gathering requirements and writing design for development, production and test environment.
- Created and modified T-SQL procedures as per requirements.
- Created reports for the various inbound and outbound processes and the inventory management for all the different warehouses using SSRS
- Developed different reports including tabular, hierarchical, charts and sub reports to analyze the business.
- Created various formatted reports based on the requirements.
- Performed various calculations using complex expressions in the reports and created report models.
- Developed various operational Drill-through and Drill-down reports using SSRS.
- Deployed the created reports to the report server.
- Actively involved in writing T-SQL Programming for implementing Stored Procedures, views, and custom SQL queries to import data from SQL Server to tableau and Functions for different tasks.
- Test reports and upload tableau dashboards on to server
MS SQL BI ETL Developer
- Gathered user requirements, analyzed and designed software solution based on the requirements.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, functions using T- SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
- Worked with various Integration services packages used for data cleaning.
- Generated packages using different Transformations like Lookups, Derived Column, Merge Join, Fuzzy Lookup, For Loop, For Each Loop, Conditional Split, Union all, Script component using SQL Server
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using
- Tableau server.
- Used SSIS to extract, transform and load the data.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Effectively used data blending, filters, actions, Hierarchies feature in tableau.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Converted metric insight reports to tableau reports.
- Provided 24/7 production support for Tableau users.
MS Database Developer
- Successfully installed and configured the MS SQL 2008R2.
- Migrated data from Heterogeneous data Sources (Datamart, Access, Excel, Flat File) to centralized SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to overcome transformation constraints.
- Created packages to validate, extract, transform and load data to a centralized SQL server using OLEDB providers from the existing diversified data sources.
- Installed, configured, and deployed Tableau Server across all environments.
- Building, publishing interactive reports and dashboards using Tableau server.
- Implementing Facts and dimensions for providing views of large sets of data.
- Generated matrix reports, drill down, drill through, sub reports, chart reports, multi parameterized reports using Variables, Expressions and Functions for the reports.
- Scheduled reports and exported in PDF, Word and Excel format.
- Gathering and estimating requirements
- Writing development design and buddy testing
- Writing DDL and DML queries such as Stored Procedures, Functions and Tables
- Fixing defects, Troubleshooting and Optimizing existing queries
- Worked on the dirty source data that resulted in errors.
- Deploying scripts over different servers.
- Understanding business requirements
- Actively participated and interacted with users, team lead, DBAs and technical manager to fully understand the requirements of the system.
- Work with Business Analyst in translating business requirements into Functional Requirements Document and to Detailed Design Documents
- Prepared the mapping documents
- Developed the report in required format using IBM Cognos
- Gone through generation of different kinds of Cognos reports and framework relationships
- Understanding the Business flow of the application.
- Reviewed the package document with the team for the approval.
- Developed SSIS packages.
- Extracted data from many operational systems, including flat files, spread sheets and RDBMSs like SQL Server
- Developed complex queries to retrieve critical data and wrote reports using SQL Server 2008.
- Wrote some stored procedures and functions using T-SQL.
- Created different reports including tabular, matrix (also called as crosstab), charts, drill down and sub reports, parameterized reports as per customer requirements using SSRS.
- Customized reports by adding Filters, Calculations, Prompts, Summaries, Conditional formatting and Functions.
- Deployed the created reports to the report server.
- Create joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables.
SQL & Report Developer
- Understanding the requirements from the business.
- Developed the reports using Crystal Reports.
- Developed different reports including tabular, charts, sub reports and mailing labels to analyze the business.
- Created different types of formatted reports based on the requirements.
- Created different formatted cross tab and chart reports.