- Over 7 years of experience in SQL Server database development, extensively worked in OLTP, OLAP environment & development databases as a Developer/DBA in different domains including Utility, Telecom and Educational environments.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server and T - SQL in constructing tables, triggers, user defined functions, views, indexes, user profiles, relational database models, data dictionaries, and data integrity.
- Experience in Developing Power BI Reports
- Experience in creating and deploying parameterized reports using power BI and Tableau.
- Experience in creating hierarchies in Power BI reports using Data visualizations like Bar chart, Line chart, pie charts, forecast charts
- Experienced in Creating DAX Expressions, create Date to yearly columns and implement partitions in Tabular Models for power BI.
- Hands on experience in creating indexed views, complex stored procedures, effective functions, and appropriate triggers to assist efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Well versed in Normalization/ De-normalization techniques for optimum performance in relational and dimensional database environments.
- Hands on Experience in using tools like Dynamic Management Views, Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler and Windows Performance Monitor for Monitoring and Tuning SQL Server Performance.
- Worked extensively on system analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of projects (Complete SDLC) and capable of handling responsibilities independently as well as a proactive team member.
- Expert in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services ( SSIS ), Log Shipping, DTS, Bulk Insert and BCP.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Experience in developing Custom Reports and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS
- Created Cross-Tab, Drill-down, Drill-through, Tablix, and Sub-Report using RDL.
- Experience in Designing, Building the Dimensions, cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) 2012/ 2008R 2/ 2008/2005.
- Experience in creating Jobs, Alerts, SQL Mail Agent, and scheduled SSIS Packages.
- Strong Experience in Report Development, Modeling (Relational, DMR) and Dash Board Report in Performance Point, Targit.
- Experience in Configuring and Managing Linked Servers, data transfer between SQL Server and other heterogeneous relational database such as Oracle and DB2.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving, documentation and business analytical skills with an ability to adapt new technology quickly and a strong team player.
Database: MS-SQL Server 2012/2008/2005/2000, Oracle 10g/9i/8i, Sybase AES 12.5/15.0/15.5/15.7, Quickbase, MS Access
Operating System: Windows Server2008/2003, Windows 95/98/XP, UNIX.
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), Visual Studio, SQL Profiler, Performance Monitor, DTS, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, SSIS, SSRS, Microsoft Clustering Services (MSCS)
Software: Embarcadero Change manager, Doubletake Replication, Apex SQL Log, ERwin, SAS, MySQL, Visual Studio, SQL Litespeed, TIBCO Spotfire, Netezza,VERITAS Net backup, Visual SourceSafe, VMware,Quickbase.
ETL Tools: IBM Datastage, MS-DTS, SSIS, BCP, Import/Export wizard.
Reporting Tools: SSRS, SSAS, Microstrategy, TIBCO Spotfire
Languages: T-SQL, PL/SQL, C/C++, HTML, XML,VB.NET
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Sr. SQL BI Developer/Power BI Developer
- Created SSIS Packages by using advanced tools (i.e. pivot Transformation, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Term extraction, Aggregations, Multicasting).
- Created SSIS packages for data Importing, Cleansing, and Parsing. Extracted, cleaned and validated. Kimball Data ware house by ETL tool extract Data modeling in Star schema also work on full life-cycle BI implementation and Teradata.
- Developed and publishing Power BI reports of dashboards in Power BI server and Scheduling the dataset to refresh for upcoming data in power BI server.
- Generating Drill through and Drill down reports with Drop down menu option, sorting the data, and defining subtotals in Power BI.
- Configured report builder and trained business users so that they could create reports from the report models, I made
- Prepared the Layouts by placing the fields to the appropriate place of the final Report.
- Developed ETL, using SQL Server 2008 R2/2012 Integration Services to migrate data from Oracle data source into a SQL Server 2008 database and creating complex SSIS packages, DTS Packages.
- Wrote T-SQL queries, Store Procedures and used them to build packages and maintain the history of the data.
- Scheduled Jobs for executing the stored SSIS packages which were developed to update the database on Daily basis.
- Worked as a developer in creating Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Improved Performance of the database by creating Clustered and non-clustered Indexes and by optimizing the T-SQL statements using SQL profiler.
- Created Packages by testing and cleaning the Standardized Data by using tools in Data Flow Transformations (Data Conversion, Export Column, Merge join, Sort, Union all, Conditional Split and more) for existing/new packages and huge CSV file import to Sale Force from different data sources and other ongoing tasks for mapping.
- Used multiple join statements to retrieve data from multiple tables
- Used SQL Profiler for troubleshooting, monitoring, and optimization of SQL Server and non-production database code as well as T-SQL code from developers and QA.
- Deployed and configured reports in SharePoint Server.
- Developed collaboration and digital asset management system based on SharePoint 2008, and SQL Reporting Services
- Created standard & Data driven report subscriptions. Snapshots report and cache for better performance.
- Creating Logical, Physical data model using SQL server, Erwin, MS Visio.
- Involved in code reviews meetings and designing sessions and get mentored from the tech leads.
- Strong experience in Database design and multi-dimensional modeling (star schema and snowflake schema), data cleansing, scrubbing and integration.
- Designed and deployed reports with Drill Down, Drill Through and Drop down menu option and Parameterized and Linked reports.
- Deployed and scheduled Reports using SSRS to generate all daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Reports including current status, MIS reporting & MDX Scripting experience with SSRS
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008/2012, Power BI, T-SQL, SSIS packages, DTS Packages, VSS, SSRS, MS Excel, Visio, Erwin, SQL Server Analysis Services, SharePoint, Teradata, MS Office 2010/2007, Microsoft Office Share Point - 2010
Confidential, Chicago, IL
SQL BI Developer/Power BI Developer
- Expertise in building Operational Data Store (ODS), Data Marts, and Decision Support Systems (DSS) using Multidimensional Model (Kimball and Inmon),Star and Snowflake schema design
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Indexes, User defined Functions, Constraints etc on various database objects to obtain the required results.
- Bulk data migration using SSIS from flat files.
- Extensive knowledge of FTP and local file management
- Experience working with querying from linked servers in SQL Server
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS to extract data from staging tables to partitioned tables with incremental load.
- Created logging for ETL load at package level and task level to log number of records processed by each package and each task in a package using SSIS.
- Developed, monitored and deployed SSIS packages.
- Responsible for Scheduling Jobs, Alerting and Maintaining SSIS packages.
- Created different Parameterized Reports (SSRS 2008/2012) which consist of report Criteria in various reports to make minimize the report execution time and to limit the no of records required.
- Upgraded GRS DB from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008.
- Report parameters included single valued parameters, multi-value parameters which also consist of different parameter types like hidden, internal, default (queried and non-queried parameters
- Closely worked with .Net, SharePoint developers.
- Collected business requirements from Stake holders and translated them as technical specs and design docs for development.
- Participated in Scrum meetings, Discuss with Architect’s regarding the Designs and frame works.
- Identified various data sources, formulated data dictionaries, design and develop data models (physical/logical data models) based on the given specs and requirements.
- Worked on all types of report types like tables, matrix, charts, sub reports etc.
- Created Linked reports, Ad-hoc reports and etc based on the requirement. Linked reports are created in the Report Server to reduce the repetition the reports.
- Created pages in the reports to display depend on Prompt values.
- Extensive working knowledge on ADO.Net connection managers.
- Developed Chart Reports, Drill through Reports, Master Detail Reports and Multiple Reports use the MDX for reporting.
- Good understanding of MDX concepts.
- Implemented security to restrict the access to users and to allow them to use only certain reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2012/2008, Power BI, SSIS/SSAS 2008, SSRS 2008/2005, Windows Server 2003, C#,ASP.NET,VB.NET,SharePoint,AgileandWaterfall.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
SQL BI Developer/Power BI Developer
- Created shared dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes and aggregations on MS OLAP/ Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2008(R2) Identified and defined Fact relationships in SSAS.
- Defined KPI's, Actions and Calculations in SSAS using MDX.
- Creating and managing schema objects such as tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, and triggers and maintaining Referential Integrity.
- Created different types of User-defined functions and Stored procedures using T-SQL. ETL, data profiling, data quality and clean ups for SSIS packages.
- Developed C# scripting for packages using Scrip Task Designed Logical and Physical Data Model with Erwin tools.
- Created SSIS packages to populate data from various data sources.
- Developed Tabular Reports, ad-hoc reports using SSRS Report Designer.
- Running DBCC consistency checks and fixing data corruption in application databases.
- Worked with Meta-Data Driven SSIS Packages to pull the data from different Sources and load to Data mart.
- Developed Complex SSRS reports using multiple data providers, Global Variables, Expressions, user defined objects, aggregate aware objects, charts, and synchronized queries.
- Deployed reports, created report schedules and subscriptions. Managing and securing reports using SSRS.
- Built ad-hoc reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Work with project teams for upgrading SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2012.
- Involved in fine tuning queries and stored procedures using SQL Profiler and Execution plan in SQL Server.
Environment: MS SQL Server2008 R2, Power BI,Team Foundation Server(TFS), MS SSAS, Microsoft SharePoint Server(MOSS 2007), Crystal Reports, (SSIS) SQL Server Integration Services, (SSRS) SQL Server Reporting Services, T-SQL and VB.Net.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
SQL BI Developer
- Involved in writing T-SQL Programming for implement Stored Procedures and Functions for different tasks.
- Wrote complex queries, triggers and stored procedures, defined roles and privileges to control access to database.
- Performance Tuning, Analyze, tuning and optimizing for SQL Server Application by using performance monitor. Assist the SQL Developers in SQL tuning.
- Worked closely with the business users in defining and documenting reporting requirements in order to design, develop and maintain SQLServer2008 R2 Reporting Services.
- Designed and implemented reporting and business intelligence platforms across multiple applications.
- Maintained data marts of extracted data.
- Performed logical and physical data modeling.
- Designed reports with formulas, grouping/sorting and parameters (including multi-value parameters) using SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services.
- Developed different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports (Cross Tab or Pivot) Reports, Chart and Graphs, Reports that aggregate data, Reports containing parameters and group, Reports containing Totals and Subtotals, Drill-down reports and ad-hoc reports using SQLServer2008 R2 Reporting Services.
- Designed and created reports and distributed reports in multiple formats such as Excel, PDF, XML, HTML, TIFF and CSV using SQLServer2008R2 Reporting Services.
- Configured and Deployed different reports in the Servers using SQLServer2008 R2 Reporting Services.
- Developed different types of ad-hoc reports using Report Model and Report Builder tools of SQLServer2008 R2Reporting Services.
- Designed Custom Assemblies/Function to enhance the functionality of different reports.
- Designed Data Warehouse Database for both Start and Snow Flake Schema.
- Created and Designed Data Source and Data Source Views Using SQLServer2008 Analysis Services.
- Created and Configured Cubes using SQLServer2008 Analysis Services.
- Configured Dimensions, Measures and Measures Groups using SQLServer2008 Analysis Services.
- Created MDX queries to access cube information.
- Performed DBCC utilities and fixed data corruption in application databases.
- Monitored Databases for lock escalation, dead Lock, resource utilization by sessions, package caching, buffer pool hit-ratios, captured long running SQL/runaway queries using SQL Server.
- Designed Data Transformation Services (DTS) packages to refresh data on Development, QA, Staging and Production.
- Supported team in resolving SQL Reporting services, SQL Integration services and T-SQL related issues.
Environment: MS SQL Server2008 R2, Power BI, Team Foundation Server(TFS), MS SSAS, Microsoft SharePoint Server(MOSS 2007), Crystal Reports, (SSIS) SQL Server Integration Services, (SSRS) SQL Server Reporting Services, T-SQL and VB.Net.
- Created new database objects like procedures, functions, packages, triggers, indexes and views using T-SQL in development and production environment for SQL server 2005.
- Extracted data from xml and flat files using SSIS
- Developed reports using crystal reports and used table control, matrix control for cross tab reports.
- Involved in designing of conceptual logical model and physical model
- Generated parameterized/Drilldown, Drill through & Cascaded reports using SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Fine-tuned the logic in procedures, functions and triggers for optimum performance.
- Developed database triggers to enforce data integrity and additional referential integrity.
- Wrote transact SQL utilities to generate table insert and update statements
- Involved in performance tuning and monitoring of both T-SQL and PL/SQL blocks
- Used SQL profiler and query analyzer to optimize DTS package queries and stored procedures.
- Involved in performance tuning using indexing (cluster index, non-cluster index) tables.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS Excel, MS Access, Management Studio, SQL Profiler and SSRS.