- A results - oriented professional with over 5 years of SQL experience working in mortgage, healthcare industry with the following areas of expertise:
- Excellent experience in design, development, and maintenance of databases/Data warehouses.
- Development and maintenance of complex SQL queries and stored procedures for reporting, ETL and application support.
- 5+ years working with and developing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) with SQL Server 2005, 2008R2, 2012 and 2014.
- Experience in logical and physical data modeling of the database in ERWIN.
- In-depth knowledge of T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, OLAP, BI suite, Reporting and Analytics.
- Adept in writing Complex T-SQL Queries using complex joins, Sub queries, Co-related sub queries, CTEs, and Dynamic SQL.
- Experience in performance tuning and query optimization, execution plan, SQL Profiler, Indexing, Updating Statistics.
- Extensive experience in creating ETL packages, validating data, optimizing, deploying and scheduling packages, using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Knowledge in Data warehousing, Data Modeling like Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, FACT and Dimensions Tables using Analysis Services.
- Good team player, strong interpersonal and communication skills combined with self-motivation, initiative and the ability to think outside the box.
Confidential, Costa Mesa, CA
- Worked as part of an Agile development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Involved in the creation of Operational Data Store (ODS) and Data Mart by taking into various business process by identifying different dimensions and facts
- Participated in the planning, design, development and deployment of new solutions.
- Created SSIS packages to automate processes for extracting and transforming data in various formats (XML, CSV, EXCEL, etc.)
- Worked with BA to align understanding of requirements and to develop solutions to support ETL/reporting needs.
- Created database objects like Stored Procedures, UDFs, Indexes and Views using TSQL in support of ETL.
- Responsible for the development, support of enterprise data warehouse and reporting database.
- Create companywide SSRS report and ad hoc reports in support of business requirements.
- Debug and resolve data load performance issues.
Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
- Created Complex SSIS Packages implementing Master-child packages with properties like package configurations, SSIS loggings as well as custom loggings (using Event handlers).
- Optimized procedures and functions utilized by ETL Packages to reduce ETL Process time.
- Involved in the troubleshooting of several package and solved several issues related to execution, development and performance.
- Optimized reports by optimizing the embedded queries, or optimized the stored procedures that generate them.
- Analyzed, documented, and tested SSIS packages, stored procedures, views, and job agent tasks for possible errors and optimization.
- Made use of Event Handlers, Loggings, Breakpoints and Data Viewers for effective debugging of packages.
- Created on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SSRS.
Confidential, EL Monte, CA
- Created SSIS Packages to transfer data from various sources like Text Files, XML Files, Excel, Flat files to SQL Server 2008.
- Created complex stored procedure to implement business logic.
- Generated sub reports, drill down reports, drill through reports and parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Actively supported business users for various requests.
- Involved in installation, configuration, security, maintenance and restoration of SSRS.
- Created Report Models to aid in creation of ad hoc reports using Report Builder.
- Used conditional formatting, interactive sorting as well as expressions in SSRS for formatting reports better.
- Deployed SSRS reports to the reporting server and assisted in troubleshooting deployment problems
- Optimized the existing queries to improve performance with the use of Profiler and Execution Plans.
Confidential, Lake Forest, CA
- Created T-SQL scripts to generate the Tables and Relationships based on the finalized ER-Diagram.
- Created Stored Procedures, Views, and User Defined Functions to facilitate the automation of data entry by a front-end application.
- Utilized the Dynamic SQL for user customizable queries to be answered by the SQL Server.
- Designed developed ETL process using SQL Server 2008 SSIS packages.
- Involved in unit testing and created test cases for the database scripting and ETL processes.
- Generated daily, weekly and monthly based reports(SSRS) to designated managers and clients.