- Over 7+ years of experience as a SQL server Developer and BI Developer (SSRS/SSIS/SSAS).
- Hands on experience on T - SQL, PL SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power Pivot and Power View reports. Experienced with full life Cycle phase of SDLC involving Systems Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation.
- Excellent knowledge in RDBMS concepts and constructs along with Database Objects creation such as Tables, User Defined Data Types, Indexes, Stored Procedures, Views, User Defined Functions, Cursors and Triggers.
- Experience in OLTP and OLAP design, development, testing, implementation and support of enterprise data warehouse.
- Experience in Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and 2012 using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Worked on SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) including in building cubes and writing MDX queries.
- Excellent skills in Developing SSIS Packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the Data warehouse from Heterogeneous databases such as Oracle, Sybase, excel sheets, Flat Files and MS Access.
- Experience in developing custom reports and creating various types of reports like On demand, drill down, Drill-through, Parameterized, Cascading, Conditional, Table, Matrix, Chart, Sub Reports, Ad hoc Reports, dynamic grouping, Cross-Tab, graphical, distributed Reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Experience in report writing using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Created analytical reports and visualizations with Microsoft Excel 2013 Power BI tools (Power View, Power pivot and Mapping) for exploratory analysis by data analysts.
- Utilized advance features of Tableau software like to link data from different connections together on one dashboard and to filter data in multiple views at once.
- Proficient in tools like Index Tuning Wizard, SQL Profiler and Windows Performance Monitor for monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server performance.
- Experience in Interacting with Business users to analyze the business process and transforming requirements into screens, performing ETL, documenting and rolling out the deliverables.
- Experience in Error handling and debugging coding issues and troubleshoot production problems.
- Thorough understanding of Software development life cycle. Ability to work in Agile/Scrum
- Maintain positive communications and working relationships at all business levels.
- Experience in developing forms based on views, tables and procedures in tabular and form layouts.
- Collaborate Efficiently with BAs, Development, SQA/Testing, Support Teams, IT and Business Resources.
- Good knowledge of managed build and Release cycles in Agile environment.
- Have hands on experience in Data Analysis and Performance Tuning in Production Support Environment.
- Hands on experience in Design, Data Analysis and Implementing business rules in Data warehousing environment.
- Experience in providing 24 x 7 production support.
SR. SQL SERVER DEVELOPER
- Developed complex programs in T- SQL, writing Stored Procedures, Triggers and Queries with best execution plan.
- Extensively used Joins and Sub-Queries to simplify complex queries involving multiple tables.
- Created new ETL packages to validate, extract, transform and load data into data warehouse databases, data mart databases using SSIS packages.
- Used various Transformations in SSIS Dataflow, Control Flow using for loop Containers and Fuzzy Lookups etc.
- Designed packages which utilized tasks and transformations such as Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, Sequence Container, For Each Loop Container, Lookup, Aggregate and Derived Column.
- Designed tabular, matrix reports, drilldown, drill through, Parameterized and linked reports in SQLReporting Services (SSRS)
- Responsible for creating Databases, Tables, Cluster/Non-Cluster Index, Unique/Check Constraints Views.
- Build, Published and Scheduled SSRS Reports for both Dev and Test Environment.
- Identified Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Metrics for Business needs in SSAS.
- Developed & implemented Financial Analysis Reports using SSRS/Tableau.
- Designed Cubes with Star Schema using SQL Server Analysis Services 2012 (SSAS).
- Conducted database management, performance measurement and performance tuning for new databases and existing databases by using SQL Profiler and SQL Analyzer.
- Developed & maintained scripts, utility jobs or implement needed software for database maintenance.
- Implemented & managed database clustering, failover and load balance technologies as per client requirement.
- Converted Data Transformation Services (DTS) application to SQL Server Integrated Services (SSIS) as assigned.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Worked with QA and deployment team to ensure quality and correct deployment of code.
- Provided production support for reports related maintenance tasks.
ENVIRONMENT: MS SQL Server 2000, MS SQL Server 2005, MS SQL Server 2008, MS Access, Windows Server 2003 SP2, SSIS, VS 2008, VB.NET, Excel 2010.
SSIS/ ETL DEVELOPER
- Used Lookup, Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Pivot Transformation, and Slowly Changing Dimension.
- Deployed packages from development server to SIT, UAT and production server.
- Implemented Error logging and event handling in SSIS.
- Created Complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, and Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views, T-SQL code and SQL Joins for applications.
- Transformed data from various data sources using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages
- Extracted data using SSIS packages (ETL) from HR SQL database and load into talent management application database.
- Worked with different methods of logging in SSIS for various ETL packages.
- Successfully deployed SSIS (ETL) packages with defined security.
- Extract Transform and Load (ETL) source data into respective target tables to build the required data marts.
- Troubleshoot slow performing queries by using SQL Profiler/performance tuning of SSIS package
- Utilized event handling effectively to generate audits and logs for the generated SSIS packages.
- Hands on experience in writing SSIS script/script component task using C#, VB script for customized data manipulation of complex SSIS packages.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts, data architects for business requirements, design standards, validations, and UAT tests.
- Validated data from Pivot tables, VLOOKUP validations in Excel
- Monitoring Performance of SQL server using SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Database Engine Tuning Advisor (DTA) and Performance monitoring.
- Worked on multidimensional data modeling.
- Participated in Databases Architecture and data modeling design.
ENVIRONMENT: SQL Server 2008 R2, SQL Server Integration Services, MS Excel 20010, MS Access 2010, Enterprise Manager, Management Studio, SQL Profiler and SSRS.
SSIS/ T-SQL DEVELOPER
- Designed and developed SSIS packages using various control flow and data flow items to transform and load the data from various databases and into servers using SQL server integration services
- Analyzed Queries and boost the performance necessary for statistical reporting after monitoring, tuning, and Optimizing Indexes by using Performance Monitor and SQL Profiler.
- Gather requirements from the user community and write Functional Design Specifications.
- Establishing referential integrity, data consistency, and indexing and data cleanup procedures to maintain high quality data that can be used for reporting.
- Created Data mapping documents to provide data estimate for the Data load frequency.
- Responsible for developing source to target mappings document.
- Handled Performance Tuning and Optimization on SSIS with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills for quick issue resolution in large-scale production environments.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views, SQL joins and other T-SQL code to implement business rules.
- Responsible for implementation of data viewers, SSIS Logging, error configurations for error handling the packages.
- Updated and upgraded existing SSIS packages from SQL Server 2008 R2 and 2012 to SQL Server 2014 and deployed the changes to production
- Created XML Package Configurations, Error Handling using Event Handlers for On Error, On Warning, On-Task Failed Event Types.
- Responsible for fine tuning of the database, troubleshooting, memory management.
- Created DTS packages to transfer objects from development server to production.
- Developed tableau visualizations and dashboards using tableau desktop
- Developed tableau workbooks from multiple data sources using data blending.
ENVIRONMENT: SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, Visual Studio 2010, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), SQL Server Data Tools.
SQL Power BI Developer
- Created various reports like Tabular reports and Matrix reports in Power BI.
- Expert in connecting multiple data sources in Power BI to implement working reports.
- Developed reports using SSRS and Crystal reports. Used table control, matrix control for cross tab reports.
- Developed confidential proprietary analytical tools and reports with Microsoft Excel, and Power Pivot, and Power Point. Slicer, Pivot chart, Pie Chart, Macros.
- Expert in creating multiple kind of Power BI Reports and Dashboards.
- Involved in configuring and deploying SSRS reports onto Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
- Responsible for creating SQL datasets for Power BI and Ad-hoc Reports.
- Created, Maintained & scheduled various reports in Power BI like Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports
- Managed Power BI Portal - Data refreshes / User management and set up gateway data refresh.
- Created packages using SSIS for Data Extraction from Flat Files, Excel Files, and OLEDB to SQL Server.
- Developed Complex Packages to load data into Stage, ODS and Data Ware House systems.
- Implemented Cleansing process and data profiling using DQS tasks in SSIS packages for detecting and correcting inaccurate data from the sources and to track data quality.
- Developed Reports and Dashboards and created subscriptions for Internal Business users, HR team, Clients and for higher management using SSRS, POWER BI and Tableau.
- Successfully migrated all the excel based reports to SSRS, Power BI and Tableau.
- Prepared detail design documents which contain job designs and functionality of each job and process.
ENVIRONMENT: Windows 2000/2003 Advanced Server, Windows XP, MS SQL Server 2005/2000, SQLServer Management Studio (SSMS), Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft Excel, SQL Server Agent.
- Planed, developed and created reports from SQL Server databases using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Built new SQL Data Bases, Stored Procedures, Functions and ETL Process to support new Report Project
- Built Multidimensional Cubes for Analyses using SSAS.
- Imported SSAS Cubes and MS SQL Server data into Excel PowerPivot for Reports \ Analysis.
- Created analytical/Matrix Reports and Dashboards Using Tableau Desktop.
- Developed complex queries on SQL Server by applying relational database technique such as T-SQL, DML, DDL
- Converted and Loaded CSV Raw data files from Service providers into Data Warehouse using MS Data Migration System (SSIS)
- Defined objectives, analyzing user requirement and envisioning report features/functionalities
- Designed and written the queries in the query builder for retrieving the data.
- Created and worked with drill down reports and identified the report parameters.
- Used various report items like tables, sub report and charts to develop the reports in SSRS.
- Deployed and generated reports on to the server using the Reporting Services Report Manager.
- Worked with various Delivery mechanisms of Reports including Email /PDF/Schedules etc.
- Created subscriptions to provide a daily basis reports.
- Managed and troubleshoot report server related issues.
ENVIRONMENT: SQL Server 2014, SSIS, T-SQL, SSMS, C#, Excel 2013, TFS, Visual Studio 2013, Salesforce, info ERR LN, Cognos
- Configured SharePoint Farm, Active Directory, SQL Server 2012/SQL 2008
- Created SharePoint Sites, sub sites, List/Libraries, content types
- Involved in branding, look and feel of SharePoint sites using SharePoint Designer.
- Configured search for SharePoint content database and BDC
- Utilizes SharePoint 2010/2013 and SharePoint Designer 2010/2013 developing site pages incorporating workflows as well as applying updates, fixes, and enhancements to site pages, lists, libraries and InfoPath forms.
- Worked with High Charts to create Interactive SharePoint Charts
- Worked on Security features such as Authentication & Authorization on SharePoint
- Gathered requirements forSharePointprojects from key business stakeholders
- Participated in the planning and execution of new SharePoint based projects, including interfaces with other business systems
- Provided technical support of SharePointworkflows, Business Connectivity Services (BCS) Connections, and application integration
- Placed SharePoint Web Parts into a jQuery UI tabs to make the Web Part page more organized,
- Developed Visual Web Parts that gathered data from SharePoint lists and display on Grid View by filtering proper data using CAML and LINQ,
- Developed Web Form Application using ASP.NET with C# as main programming language
- Created Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views and Joins using T-SQL in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Created custom Master Pages, Page Layouts and custom CSS to have their corporate look and feel to entire site.
- Installed SQL Server Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program
- Analyzed business requirements of the project by studying the Business Requirement Specification Document.
- Creation of database objects like tables, constraints, indexes, views, procedures, and packages
- Involved in database migration and identified various scenarios during the upgrade
- Worked on complex SQL queries. Implemented cursors, ref cursors, sub queries, correlated sub queries
- Developed Test Cases in Unit Testing and System Integration Testing
- Developing reports, scripting, system troubleshooting
- Conducted weekly Crystal Reports training session for the reports team. Used DBCC commands to check physical and logical consistency of the databases and to rebuild indexes.
- Involved in monitoring and tuning report performance by analyzing the execution plan of the reports.
- Followed and maintained standards and best practices in database development
- Created SSIS package to automate maintenance, database back up, update statistics, re-build indexes as well as create error log for event during data load.
- Monitored MS SQL server for performance and network issues.
- Created and Rebuild the Clustered & Non-Clustered indexes at regular intervals for better performance.
- Installed SQL Server service packs based on the errors and flaws that are found in the application.
- Provided problem resolution, troubleshooting, tracked and resolved issues in the database
- Coordinating with front-end developers for implementing business logic in stored procedures, Triggers and functions using T-SQL.
- Effectively participated in different database level troubleshooting to facilitate regular check run for our client
ENVIRONMENT: SQL server 2000/2005, Windows 2000/2003, Windows Cluster Server2003 MS