- Over 9+ years of experience in the IT industry as a MS SQL Server/Business Intelligence Developer SQL Server 2000/2005/2008
- Expert in MS SQL Server suite of products like SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Services Analysis Services and SQL Server Integration Services.
- Reviewed, analyzed, and modified programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support an organization's client/server software applications.
- Experienced in transforming complex business logic into Database design and maintaining it by using SQL tools such as Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, and DTS
- Expert with ETL tools such as DTS and SSIS.
- Experienced in creating many complex SSIS packages with complicated transformations.
- Generated reports using SQL Server Reporting Services integrated and deploying them using web applications onto the web servers
- Expert in designing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and Excel Pivot table based on OLAP cubes which make use of multiple value selection in parameters pick list, cascading prompts, matrix dynamics reports and other features of reporting service
- Experienced in SQL Server Analysis Services OLAP Cubes by constructing fact and dimension tables.
- Involved in Designing and deploying cubes in SSAS environment using Snowflake and Star Schema Designs for the operational data.
- Possessed excellent skills in Data Modeling to create Star and Snowflake Schemas using Erwin.
- Expert in creating calculated measures and dimension members using multi - dimensional expression (MDX), mathematical formulas, and user-defined functions.
- Expert in defining data source and building data source views and recognizing fact and dimension tables.
- Expert in identifying KPIs using MDX expressions in SSAS 2008 to evaluate the business process.
- Adept in creating Ad-hoc, Cross-Tab, Drill-down and Sub-Report using RDL.
- Experienced in promoting RDLs to Reporting Service Server.
- Good working knowledge in deployment of reports to the share point server for business user/information user to access based on their roles/permission.
- Created various DTS packages for data transfer and migration from OLTP to OLAP.
- Experienced in using tools like Bulk Copy (BCP) and Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Experienced in data loads, database integration/conversions, performance tuning and optimization.
- Well-versed with database Installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, backups and recoveries, develop and debug Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Capable of forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in internal, external and team environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, quick learner, can adapt to a new technology with ability to take new roles in minimum time.
- MS SQL Server 2008/2005/2000
- SQL Server 7.0, 8.0, 9.0
- SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL Server Profiler
- SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio
- SQL Server Enterprise Manager
- Data Transformation Services (DTS)
- Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
- Online Transaction Processing (OLTP)
- Crystal Reports
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- MS SQL Server Analysis Services 2005/2000 (SSAS)
- SQL Server Integration services (SSIS)
- Data Modeling: Visio 5.0
- MS Access
- MS Excel.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
MS SQL DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Installed SQL Server 2008 and established connectivity with the database created, configured and maintained database maintenance plans
- Migrated customers data related to FIOS (Fiber Optic Services), FTTP (Fiber to the Premises) and wire line telephone services offered by Verizon from Verizon server into the server of Frontier Communication.
- Created SSIS package to Export and Import data from SQL Server to Access, Text and EXCEL files.
- Extracted data from Oracle and Teradata databases and loaded the data into the Verizon SQL database servers at remote location.
- Configured SQL mail agent for sending mails upon package deployment.
- Also created several event handlers to send alerts, success messages, and error messages and implemented detailed logging.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column, which were used for Data Scrubbing, data cleansing and aggregating the required data.
- Performed data validation checks during Staging, before loading the data into the Data warehouse.
- Optimized the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views
- Participated in testing and verification of the entire database/data warehouse system after migration.
- Comparing data that was with Verizon to that of migrated to Frontier Communication by extracting reports based on each and every year
- Developed dimensions and fact tables based upon the requirements and based on these facts and dimensions, designed SSAS cubes
- Reviewed the architecture of the data warehouse for preserving data accuracy and integrity and used to investigate a lot on Data Discrepancies.
- Created Tabular reports, Matrix reports, List & Chart reports, Cascading Parameterized reports, Sub reports, Ad-hoc reports, Drill down reports as well as interactive reports according to business requirements in time restricted environment using SSRS for the customers data being sold to Frontier Communication
- Configured reporting services and reporting manager on the Frontier Database Server.
- Scheduled automatic generation of reports, report snapshots. Also implemented caching of reports and stored them in a shared drive.
- Developed Templates for the reports for the managerial cadet in case they need to drag and drop the fields which they need exclusively for Non-technical person in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Also built report models and deployed them on the report server for generating adhoc reports.
- Involved in developing and deployed Reports from OLAP in SSRS with Charts and PIE Diagrams
- Involved in invoking reports created in SSRS to front-end like Share-Point server for the managerial and client verification.
- Involved creating detailed documentation for the migration, creation of data warehouse and all other tasks.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) MS SQL Analysis Services 2008 (SSIS), Share Point Server, MS Excel, Windows Server 2003.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
MS SQL DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Developed dimensions and fact tables based upon the requirements and based on these facts and dimensions, designed SSAS cube
- Responsible for documenting design, providing estimates, programming specifications, performing unit and systems testing, and recording test results.
- Researched the current updates and improvements in the corporate and ensured that the database system was updated accordingly.
- Developed, tested and implemented Referential Integrity rules and regulations through constraints and normalization of the transactional database system.
- Created views, indexes and stored procedures to improve the process of data retrieval. Verified the execution plan and used the SQL Server profiler to improve performance of the database.
- Created numerous simple to complex queries including self joins and correlated sub queries for diverse business requirements.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications
- Generated Crystal reports using SQL Server Reporting Services integrated and deploying them using web applications onto the SharePoint web servers in Data Modeling in Business Objects
- Utilize SSIS to develop ETL mechanisms to populate the CMDB with data from multiple sources including event management, ERP/MRP and discovery components
- Architect, develop and deploy SSRS in support of delivering reports and metrics to customers, users and executives
- Created report models for ad hoc reports when the end user wants to see the reports on fly in SQL Server Reporting Services
- Interface with customers and internal stakeholders to incorporate feedback into adjusting the roadmap to balance the needs of the customer with the business strategies.
- Worked with Project Managers to deliver key deliverables to be incorporated into project plan
- Deploy code and database objects in strict accordance with change management procedures.
- Work within GRC guidelines to adhere to company security policies.
- Ensure standardization of SQL coding practices and adherence to coding standards
- Identified, tested, and resolved database performance issues (monitoring and tuning) to ensure database optimization
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSRS, MS Visio, T-SQL, Excel, Access, Report Builder 3.0, Window Server 2008.
Confidential, Eden Prairie, MN
MS SQL DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Designed DTS packages to migrate the data from DB2 to the ETL tier.
- Participated in designing Logical data models for the Data Warehouse.
- Participated in implementing the logical design to the physical design by creating tables.
- Transferred flat files from different sources to the ETL tier by using BCP.
- Created/reallocated database objects on appropriate file group to ease maintenance and improve data access performance.
- Enforced the Business Rules by creating constraints like primary and foreign keys
- Optimized the performance of various SQL scripts using indexing and stores procedures
- Increased query performance, necessary for statistical reporting by more than 25% after performing monitoring, tuning, and Optimizing Indexes tasks by using Performance Monitor, Profiler, and Index tuning wizard.
- Reviewed the existing stored procedures and improved efficiency by critically evaluating the code.
- Performed Index analysis for tables and came up with more efficient solutions to use Clustered and Non-Clustered Indexes for significant performance boost
- Created Linked Server using the dedicated LAN for load balancing and increased the performance of the Data Warehouse
- Created Stored Procedures that generated XML reports from SQL Server tables and vice versa using Open XML, For XML, and XML Paths.
- Created multidimensional cubes using the SSAS.
- Created reports with parameters and variables using the SQL Server Reporting Services
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2000, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Reporting Services, SQL Integration Services, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio.
Confidential, Edison, NJ
SQL Developer/BI DeveloperResponsibilities:
- Created SSIS package to export and import data from SQL Server to Access, text and EXCEL files, RAW files, Oracle
- Used Data Flow task, Execute package task, Execute SQL Task, for each loop container in SSIS for transformation of data
- Created SSIS Packages for testing and cleaning the Standardized Data by using tools in Data Flow Transformations (Data Conversion, Export Column, Merge join, Sort, Union all, Conditional Split) for huge CSV files
- Tuned and optimized queries by altering the database design, analyzing different query options and indexing strategies
- Designed database maintenance plans to set up core maintenance tasks to make sure that the database perform well, is regularly backed up in case of system failure and is checked for inconsistencies
- Created ad-hoc reports using SQL server 2005 Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Uploaded SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services (SSRS) RDL files to SQL Server 2005
- Worked with Slowly Changing Dimension (SCD) on customer’s data with type 1, type 2 and type3 categories.
- Migrated data from different sources (text based files, Excel spreadsheets, and Access) to SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Designed and implemented Dimensions and Measures according to business requirement
- Scheduled and maintained routine jobs, tasks, and alerts. For instance an alert would be sent to the manager of Sales department, if the entire field were not entered by the data entry person regarding screening using SQL Server Agent
- Implemented automated jobs for Database Backup on a weekly and monthly basis
- Used SQL Profiler and Query Analyzer to identify performance issues
- Wrote complex T-SQLs and Views for stored procedures and functions
- Worked on administrative tasks such as data loading, batch jobs, data unloading, backup & Recovery, user and application table management, upgrades, creating databases/File groups/files/Transaction log-shipping.
Environment: Microsoft Business Intelligence Studio, SQL Server 2005/2008, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, Windows Advanced Server, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint