- Over 5+ years of Experience in Microsoft BI tools (SSIS, SSRS and SSAS).
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries, procedures, functions, packages, cursors, exception handling, triggers, collections and performance tuning.
- Data Loading into Netezaa DW from various sources using SSIS.
- Extensive experience in Design, Development, Implementation & Administration of Database systems using MSSQL 2005/2008/2012 for Batch Processing using DDL, DML, DCL commands for various business applications and Data warehousing Systems (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- Experience in database programming in writing T - SQL Stored procedures, Triggers, Contraints (Primary Key, Foreign Key, Unique) Indexes and Batch Scripts using various DDL and DML commands.
- Experience in developing SSIS packages to bring data from Insurance Claims databases to data warehouse tables.
- Knowledge of SSIS Including Data flow component, control flow component, SSIS Logging, SSIS Configuration, SSIS Security. SSIS Error handling
- Knowledge in SQL Server database including SQL Queries, joins, functions, trigger, store procedure.
- Knowledge in agile, sprint development projects, data warehouse concept, basic knowledge in scripting language like C# or VB.
- Experience in creating Jobs, and Sending Alerts using SQL Mail, backups, performance issues, connectivity to databases, upgrade strategies, capacity planning.
- Experience in migrating DTS packages, reports and analysis services projects from SQL Server 2005 to SQL server 2008R2 and 2012.
- Involved in Huge Data Migrations and Data Transfers using utilities like Data Transformation Services (DTS), and SSIS, Bulk Copy Program (BCP) and Bulk Insert
- Good knowledge in Tuning SQL queries & improving the performance of the Database.
- Strong complex reporting skills - complex Drill-Through, Discontinuous Cross-Tabs, Summary Reports.
- Experience in writing expressions in SSRS and Expert in fine-tuning the reports. Created many Drill through and Drill down reports using SSRS.
- Expert in designing Enterprise reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS 2005/2008)
- Expert in creating Parameterized Reports.
- Experience in deploying Reports to Report Server . Creating user interface on Report Server for the users to access reports on Report Manager.
- Hands on experience in Creating Star Schema and Snow Flake Schemas.
- Experience in Designing and Building the Dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Good understanding of Data Marts, Data Warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensions Tables using MS Analysis Services.
- Experience in Creating number of cubes, dimensions and critical KPIs using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) representing aggregations in several different ways - hierarchically and using custom groupings.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team to accomplish critical business objectives and to make decisions under pressure.
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008r2/2012, DB2
Database Tools: Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), SQL Profiler, Upgrade Wizard, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).Oracle, Teradata, Netezza
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2012/2008/2005, SAP BW
ETL Tools: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), BCP, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
Languages: SQL, T-SQL
Web Technologies: Web Services, XML, HTML
Operating System: Windows 98 /2003/NT/XP/7, MS DOS
Applications: MS Visual Studio 2010, MS office 2003/2007/2010, HTML/DHTML, XML, Microsoft Visual Studio
Protocols: HTTP, TCP/IP, FTP
- Extracted and prepared data from multiple source system environments by creating optimized SQL queries and stored procedures(for data aggregation) and produced a randomized sample as per the test requirements
- Accurately outlined and implemented reusable application components by deploying SSIS packages before loading data into the Testing data warehouse; Used SSIS optimization methods to increase work efficiency, resulting in 96% on-time sample delivery among all Consumer Tests in 2016.
- Automated and scheduled the ETL process for Testing partners
- Prepared Procedure documents to enable smooth Sample delivery Process in future.
- Collaborated with Sample Requirement Leads to prepare BRDs across 5 work streams (Credit/Debit Cards, Mortgage, Home-Loans, Global Financial Crime, e-Channel and Customer Solutions) while incorporating technical skills; displaying comprehensive understanding and ability to integrate knowledge from both finance and information systems fields
- Established excellent professional relationships with testing partners from Test Development, Test Execution and Line of Business etc. by demonstrating advanced technology skills and outstanding organization skills.
- Creating ETL packages in SQL Integration services (SSIS) for various data loads and extracts from different types of sources like SQL Server, Text, CSV flat files, Excel to destinations like SQL server, Text, CSV flat files, Excel.
- Creating Tabular reports using SQL server reporting Services (SSRS).
Environment: SQL Server 2012/2008, T-SQL , SSDT (SQL Server Data tools), Toad for Oracle , PL/SQL, Teradata , MS Excel.Confidential, TX
- Designed SSIS packages to transfer the data from flat files, Access database and excel documents to the Staging Area in SQL Server 2012.
- Written stored procedures and used them in packages.
- Involved in high level architectural design discussions for designing the MDF (Meta data framework) tables which store the business and supplier data.
- Used T-SQL queries to insert the complete file information and layout to MDF tables.
- Used various expressions in designing file watcher which watches for the files dropped into SFTP site.
- Data loading using SSIS into different DW like Netezza.
- Designed SSIS Package to check the row count of the source and target tables of oracle source.
- Worked on SSIS Packages to load data from different source to target SQL database using SQL 2008 and SQL 2012
- Worked on for each loop containers, sequence containers.
- Used various tasks like Execute SQL task which calls Stored procedures and takes parameters, Script component task for reading the file and removing trailer records.
- Created source, stage and archive folders as per the requirements using expressions in file system task.
- Design Cubes and hierarchies in SSAS
- Used execute process task for unzipping the zipped files.
- Created package configuration using parent package as variable and used them to deploy packages into SQL server and various environments.
- Developed master package which calls the child packages and loads the files to stage and history tables in GDW.
- Errors in the file will be logged into the DIF (data integration framework) tables and an email will be sent to business people to get back to suppliers with file information.
- Avoiding the multiple load of the same file using flag column in MDF table. Accommodating MDF to handle new set of files.
- Scheduled Packages using SQL Server Agent Jobs to run every 5 min.
- Developed ETL Dashboard Monitoring reports, Execution summary reports.
- Developed parameterized, drill down, drill through and cascaded reports.
- Used TFS to check in and check out the changes made to code.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS),Team foundation Server(TFS), SharePoint, MS Excel, Windows 2008 R2, Microsoft windows server 2012.
- Designed SSIS packages to transfer the data from DB2, flat files and excel documents to the Staging Area in SQL Server 2012.
- Used SQL Server Destination in Data flow to improve a great performance changes in Replications. (Admin rights for this operation).
- Used various Data Flow Transformations, like Derived Column, Data Conversion, Union All, Multicast and Copy Column while developing the packages.
- Used Event Handlers for Error Handling and Alert Operations.
- Developed SSIS Packages using Look Up Values & implementing rules provided by Business in the mapping document.
- Scheduled Packages using SQL Server Agent Jobs, Monitoring nightly jobs.
- Used SSIS Variables for storing the values, which are used in various components of Data Flow Task.
- Created package configuration in XML and used them to deploy packages into SQL server.
- Created complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Identified the potential Issues that occur during the package execution by redirecting the rows from source component to Error Output.
- Monitoring SSIS packages, Stored Procedures running in Agent job and support the Production Team.
- Generated Sales Ranking reports using SQL Server Reporting Services for different subjects
- Developed complex reports using multiple data providers, user defined objects, aggregate aware objects, charts, and synchronized queries
- Created Cross-Tab, Drill-down and Sub-Report using RDL. Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2008R2/2008 and 2012, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), MS Excel, Windows XP.