- Over 7 years of strong experience with demonstrated success in the Database design, development and deployment of large - scale enterprise applications.
- Expert in MS SQL Server 2012/2008R 2/2008/2005/2000 suite of products like SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS.
- Good knowledge in Data integration using ETL tools like SSIS (Microsoft BIDS) and Informatica.
- Extensive knowledge in T-SQL queries (DDL and DML).
- Extensive experience in Database development for both OLTP (Batch Processing, Online Processing) & OLAP Systems (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS) using MSSQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012.
- Expertise in generating reports using SQL Server Reporting Services, Crystal Reports, and MS Excel spreadsheets and Power Pivot.
- Good knowledge in healthcare domain claim adjudication rules and provider matching and member matching rules.
- Experience in healthcare applications like FACETS data model and FACETS online claim processing.
- Experience in PowerShell, T- SQL, DMO , SMO and WMI for writing automation scripts in SQLServer
- Experience in RDBMS Concepts, Database Management Systems, Database Physical and Logical design, Data Mapping, Table normalization and Data Modeling.
- Worked with DCL, DDL, DML Scripts and established relationships between tables using Primary Keys & Foreign Keys.
- Extensive knowledge of addressing Performance Issues and Involved in query tuning, Index tuning, Data Profiling and other database related activities
- Created and managed Indexes and optimized queries using query execution plan.
- Experience in Application Development Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Scoping, Developing, Debugging, Testing and Documentation of various phases in a project life cycle of Client/Server Applications.
- Excellent knowledge in creating Databases, Tables, Stored Procedure, DDL/DML Triggers, Views, User defined data types, Cursors and Indexes using T-SQL.
- Experience in using T-SQL in SQL Server 2000/ 2005/2008/2008 R2 platform
- Implemented complex business logic into database design and maintained the referential integrity via triggers and constraints.
- Experience in writing complex T-SQL queries using Inner, Outer and Cross Joins.
- Experience in using Try Catch block for error handling in SQL introduced in SQL Server 2005.
- Hands on experience in developing Custom Reports and different types of Tabular Reports, Matrix Reports, Ad hoc reports and distributed reports in multiple formats using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) in Business intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Experience in developing various kind of reports like Cascading parameters, Drill down, Drill through, Sub Reports, Matrix reports and Charts.
- Experience in creating Ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using Report Builder in SSRS.
- Experience in generating on-demand and scheduled reports for business analysis or management decision using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Experience in Integrating SQL Server Reporting Services with Microsoft Office Share Point Server (MOSS).
- Integration of SSRS Reports using various web parts into SharePoint and various delivery mechanisms
- Extensive knowledge in ETL Process &Progressive knowledge in using DTS/ETL/SSIS utilities
- Expertise in designing SQL Server SSIS packages to import and transform data between databases and external data sources.
- Involved in migration of DTS/ETL Packages (2000) to SSIS (2005/2008) and troubleshoot migration issues.
- Experience in providing Logging, Error handling by using Event Handler, and Custom Logging for SSIS Packages.
- Experience in Extraction & Migration of Data from heterogeneous data sources like Excel, MS Access, Oracle, AS400,DB2 to MS SQL Server by using Import Export Wizard, DTS/ETL SSIS, BCP & Bulk Insert utilities
- Experience in Performance Tuning in SSIS packages by using Row Transformations, Block and Unblock Transformations.
- Solid Knowledge in developing cubes using Partitions, KPI’s, and Perspectives, slow moving dimensions etc. and created various user roles.
- Created complex SSAS cubes with multiple fact measures groups, and multiple dimension hierarchies based on the OLAP reporting needs
- Experience in Designing Data mart and Data Warehouse using Star Schema and Snowflake Schema for implementing Decision Support Systems.
- Developed MDX Scripts to create datasets to perform reporting and included interactive drill down reports, report models and dashboard reports.
- Created Dashboard pages in Performance Point Server that use different types of web parts and excel services for reports.
Databases: SQL Server 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005 & 2000 & 7.0, MS-Access 2000/2003/2007, MySQL
Database Tools: Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Profiler, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, DTS/ETL/Informatica, BCP, Business Intelligence Studio, Ad-hoc reports
Languages: C, C++, VB, C#, XHTML, PHP, T-SQL, Dynamic SQL, MDX, XML.
OS: Windows 2007, Windows 2003 Enterprise, Windows 2000 Datacenter, Windows NT & XP
Web Servers: IIS 5.0, Apache, Tomcat, SharePoint 2007
Other Tools: Erwin, Microsoft Visual Studio 2003/2005/2008, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, MS-Front Page,crystal reports FTP, MS-Outlook Express TFS, FACETS 5.01 and SVN tortoise.Architecture: Relational DBMS, Client-Server Architecture, OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP and OLTP
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr. SQL Server BI Developer
- Expertise in BI applications reporting tool SQL Server reporting services (SSRS) and SQL Server integration services (SSIS) and Pervasive Data Integrator (V.10)
- Created queries with Inner Join, Outer Join, left join, right join and Co-Related sub-query with Mathematical function, Aggregate function.
- Extensively used Joins, sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases.
- Used various SSIS tasks such as Conditional Split, Derived Column and Slowly Changing Transformation which were used for Data validation checks during Staging.
- Responsible for creating SQL Server Drill down and Drill through Reports using SSRS to fit business requirements, and implemented into SQL Server 2008.
- Expert in creating simple and parameterized reports involving Sub reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Charts and Graphs using SSRS in Business Intelligence development studio (BIDS).
- Created Datasets, Maps, also and Process using Pervasive Data Integrator. Handled pipe delimited files, fixed format files in pervasive data integrator.
- Wrote pl/sql queries to retrieve data from Oracle Sql Developer
- Deployed the pervasive process to production servers and scheduled the process to run daily, weekly, monthly.
- Handled production issues and resolved them to meet the deadline
- Experience working in formal life cycle methodologies i.e., agile.
- Was responsible for translating BRD into functional specifications and test plans. Also have worked closely with business user and developers in order to design a new line of business for the state of Georgia using PL/SQL.
- Capable of functioning in an agile development environment, at times extracting data to enable discovery to help refine report specifications
- Analyzed existing Business units, Business process, System/ Application and there Interfaces with their capability through open-ended discussions, brainstorming sessions, and prototyping, prioritizing them and converting them as system requirements that must be included while developing the software.
- Created stored procedures that populate data in SSRS Reports.
- Generated periodic reports based on the statistical analysis of the data from various time frame and division using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Developed various operational Drill-through and Drill-down reports using SSRS
- Developed different kind of reports such a Sub Reports, Charts, Matrix reports, Linked reports.
- Used cascaded parameters to generate a report from two different Data Sets.
- Involved with Query Optimization to increase the performance of the Reports
- Worked in testing the professional, institutional claims processing and adjudication and validate data with facets.
- Collaborated with project stakeholders throughout all SDLC phases to ensure timely delivery of specified business solutions. Wrote Business Requirement Documents (BRD).
- Built effective queries for high-performance reporting and rendered them to HTML, XML, PDF and Excel formats using Reporting Services.
- Conducted GAP analysis of the different reports that are being presented to clients to accommodate their requirements for the new enhancements.
- Involved in business analysis and project management, coordinating between the team members, and creating test plans according to the business requirements.
- Created Business Requirements and converted them into System Requirement Specifications.
- Designed enhancements and workflows for a Market Prominence system.
- Set up practitioners & suppliers, and maintain practitioner roles using Market Prominence.
- Create named provider groupings for various business purposes using Market Prominence system.
- Actively engaged in working with the correspondence team in sending out the Health insurance ID cards and letters to our FirstCare Health insurance members on time.
- Assisting the developers with the Doc1 and ETL development for generating ID cards and letters.
- Triaging all the production tickets from SAMANAGE and prioritizing them according to their priority and deliver them on time.
- Working on Agile Methodology for Software Development Life Cycle.
- Working closely with the Scrum Master to track the status of the project on Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Interacted with the SME's to gather information about the health care enrolment, billing and healthcare claims processing and checked if they are processed correctly or not according to CMS guidelines.
- Framed detailed JAD session agenda and worked with SMEs, process owners & stake holders and identified various action items.
- Created artifacts such as Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Generated various SQL queries whenever required for data analysis and data profiling.
- Good knowledge in using the Health Edge client .
- Participated in daily standup, scrum sessions, team retrospective sessions. Participated in a small, experienced, energetic team on a rapid, agile development schedule.
- Effectively used TFS to update user stories and tasks to show the performance.
- Developed Python based API (RESTful Web Service) to track sales and perform sales analysis using Flask, SQLAlchemy and PostgreSQL.
Environment: SQL server 2008r2, SSIS 2008, SSRS 2008, Actian Pervasive Data Integrator (V.10), Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2013, Agile, UAT, GAD (Gap Analysis Document), Python, Microsoft Office 2003 Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access), SQl Server, Market Prominence, HTML,TFS, Share Point, Pitney Bowes Doc1, and SAMANAGE.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr.SQL /BI Developer/T-SQL Developer
- Developed SSIS packages to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data into the data warehouse database from heterogeneous sources.
- Used various transforms in SSIS to load data from flat files and Excel files to the SQL databases.
- Developed and maintained critical applications for sales auditing team by balancing sales and settlements of credit amounts with the bank on a day to day basis.
- Wrote stored procedures and User Define scalar Functions (UDFs) to be used in the SSIS packages and SQL scripts and SSRS reports.
- Created packages with different control flow options and data flow transformations such as Conditional Split, Multicast, Union all and Derived Column etc.
- Created SSIS packages for File Transfer from one location to the other using FTP task with Master SSIS Package to run all other packages.
- Implemented database standards and naming convention for the database objects and documentation of all the processes involved in maintaining the database for future reference.
- Created and maintained triggers and stored procedures in TSQL .
- Experience in Data Warehouse Modeling with SQL Server Analysis Service ( SSAS).
- Creating the Cubes and Dimensions building, deploying, processing and maintaining Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services ( SSAS).
- Functions in the capacity of the system wide Electronic Health Record ( EHR) Data Upload role for the Pre-Submission Validation Application Tool (PSVA).
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving minor IT issues, including electronic health records ( EHR) related problems.
- Expertise in creating cubes with dimensions and facts tables in MOLAP Warehouse using SQL Server Analysis Services ( SSAS)
- Designed and developed Data Warehouses, Data marts and Business Intelligence using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snowflake Schema for developing Cubes using MDX in SSAS.
- Created star schema in SSAS and developed SSRS reports based on the cube.
- Triaged system issues from Medicaid applications in XML form.
- Document processes and workflows for configuration including but not limited to NetworX and Facets Core
- Proficent in various modules of TriZetto's Facets and implementing technologies ( like SQL) .
- Proficient in gathering and converting User Requirements into Business Requirements and Functional Requirement Specifications (FRS) and use Modeling tools like Rational Rose and Microsoft Visio for requirements modeling
- Responsible for testing the BI reports from Tableau and Business Objects and validate the summarized BI reports against the database.
- Created logical and physical database design, data structures and maintained it by using SQL tools like Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions, Views, TSQL Scripting for complex business logic.
- Wrote T-SQL statements for retrieval of data and involved in performance tuning of TSQL queries.
- Used Bulk Copy program (BCP) to import and export large amounts of data in and out of SQL Server databases.
- Lead the interactions as a data modeler with the reporting team, BI specialist's, etc. to analyze requirements and the data from the transactional systems to get migrated into the data warehouse by the ETL teams using Datastage and model the structure according to the business requirements to be reported from Microstrategy.
- Lead the modeling efforts on multiple enterprise level projects.
- Worked on BI requirements for Teradata environment and mapping documents for the ETL tool (ODI) using Erwin Data Modeler 9.5. Communicated with the reporting team (Microstrategy) for their requirements on staging to BTT, SLT tables and views.
- Created repositories for data modelers using Erwin.
- Designed and built Star and Snowflake dimensional models creating facts, dimensions, measures, cube and established data granularity.
- Worked on multidimensional data modeling.
- Migration of data from one Netezza host to another Netezza host using NzMigrte utility. nvolved in Oozie workflows creation to schedule the sqoop jobs to load the data from Hive views to Netezza tables.
- Structure tables in Netezza to get collocations during query executions, make use of stats, zone
- Experience with high volume datasets from various sources like Oracle, Text Files, and NetezzaRelational Tables and xml targets.
- Participated in Databases Architecture and data modeling design.
- Working knowledge of Hl7 Standard, Mirth Connect, EHR systems.
- Configuration of and Debugging Hl7 interface messages between the clinicals, lab, pharmacy, ambulatory interfaces and address the client issues.
- Responsible for the configuration, deployment and support of Mirth HL7 interface to get the Healthdata, particularly the labs data in HL7. I did the evaluation and selection of the vendor for this HL7project to accept the lab/EMR data from several of our lab vendors.
- Experience in using Epic Clarity Database for creating and designing reports.
- Develop complex reports using Crystal Reports accessing Teletracking Navicare, EPIC Clarity, and local data sources. Develop/update SQL Server stored procedures using multiple data sources. Schedule and maintain reports on Business Objects Enterprise Server.
- Used Power BI for visualizations and Power Query to provide Excel users with access to Business Objects universes for data analysis.
- Created Reports and Dashboards in SSRS, MS Focus, Power Pivot, Power BI and other BI tools for Sales and Services Division of Microsoft.
- Expert in Data visualization and Data analyzation using Power BI.
- Worked with Microsoft Power BI, Datazen, DAX expressions, Power View and Power Query integrated with share point.
- Scheduled and distributed reports using the SAP Business Objects Enterprise (BOE). Assisted in maintenance and support of BOE report structure, scheduling standards, and Crystal Repository.
- Reviewed and developed data models and database designs with development teams
- Created Stored Procedures, Triggers, Functions, Indexes, Tables, Views and other T-SQL code and SQL joins for applications.
- Monitoring Performance of SQL server using SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Database Engine Tuning Advisor (DTA) and Performance monitoring.
- Developed various types of reports like Drill down, Drill through and parameterized reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 R2.
- Inspected the reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures and also tuned Reporting Services to the T-SQL.
- Did a C#, ASP.Net / VB.Net / SQL Server project converting their existing VB6 desktop application to a web application.
- Worked on Change Management Cases to resolve the production change request issues based on the Specifications provided.
- Involved in the design and development of web forms for the application using ASP.Net, DHTML, XML, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- Designed and implemented application using Object Oriented Programming C#, ASP.NET, Web Forms, ADO.NET, HTML, CSS3, AJAX, and User Controls.
- Worked on call support to resolve issues whenever needed.
- Performed SQL server upgrades of SQL server 2000/2005 to SQL Server 2008/2012/2014
- Worked on Agile Methodology and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Deploy Clarity reports in both BOE Infoview and Epic-Crystal Integration.
- Experience in writing SQL Queries for pulling large volume of records from Facets and claims.
- Facets can help maximize efficiencies through greater automation and enables seamless transactions between providers, members and within plan. This application automatically prioritizes and routes claims and customer service work items, based on rules that reflect organization's business needs.
- Created stored procedures to generate different market claims for different types of accounts.
- Restructured current reports to align with future requirements of business categories
- Oversaw the migration of reports from Dev Servers, to QA, and finally to Production, as well as maintained level of support for those reports. Wrote custom SQL code to enhance and replicate existing B.I. reports from other tools such as Excel to comply with Tableau's strict SQL requirements
- Scan paperwork into the EHR for patient verification and signature .
- Collaborating with product managers to gather reporting requirements and develop complex analytical reports
- Work closely with business users to ensure the development of Reports were meeting all expected requirements
- Worked on Projects to provide DBA support for Building SQL Servers for new applications (begin to end support) and implemented SQL diagnostics regular reports Using PowerShell.
- Develop PowerShell scripts to aid in space monitoring and general DBA duties. Analyzed database workload using SQL profiler
- Worked on PowerShell scripts to rename the delivered files, sort them and move to the different processing folders.
Environment: SQL Server 2008R2 & 2012/2014 Enterprise Edition, crystal reports SQL,T-SQL, 9.0D,HTML, CSS3, MS Access,., MS Excel,& Windows 2003 server, Power BI,PowerShellS Business Intelligent technologies like SSIS,SSRS
Sr. SQL Server BI Developer
- Worked extensively on FACETS 5.01 data base and gained good knowledge on FACETS data model.
- Created data mappings to load and transform the data from XML, Flat files, and CSV files. Extracted data into delimited files and fixed width files
- Developed ETL packages using multiple data sources and data destinations (SQL Server, Flat Files, Excel source files, XML files etc.) and then loaded the data into destination tables by performing different kinds of transformations using SSIS transformations.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages and notified process results to various user environments.
- Worked on EDI 837 and 835 files.
- Worked on custom claim table’s data modeling.
- Modified Korn and Bourne shell scripts in order to automate administration tasks like customizing user environment and performance monitoring.
- Performance Management & Tuning of AIX /UNIX Kernel.
- Insurance Claims Data warehouse LOGICAL AND PHYSICAL MODEL (Facts and Dimensions).
- Extracting Claims, Codes, Provider and Pharmacy data from various sources and Creating SQLscripts for various transformation rules .
- Created extracts, published data sources to tableau server, refreshed extract in Tableau server fromTableau Desktop.
- Published Workbooks and Dashboards to the Tableau server.
- Worked with appropriate development and technical support teams to triage, assess and solution.
- Created groups and users in Tableau server.
- Did lot of Performance Tuning by using unblocking Transformations and row transformations for better performance of SSIS packages.
- Migrated and recreated existing Dimensions and Cubes using Star schema on 2008 Server to achieve the efficiency of SQL Server Analysis (SSAS).
- Successfully migrated from SQL Server 2008 to 2012 and also to 2014 on Development/Testing/production Environment.
- Assessing project driving factors through AJILE ( sprint and scrum ) sessions with MIS ETL Team
- Worked on SSIS script task, look up transformations and data flow tasks using T- SQL and Visual Basic (VB) scripts.
- Design the required Informatica mappings and assign to team members for development.
- Defined standards required for entire development process, especially for Informatica mappings.
- Assessing reporting requirements to Epic Users through necessary investigations, analysis and evaluation to generate desired reports. Evaluating requests for completeness and working with Epic User if needed to finalize the request
- Extensively worked with SVN tortoise and TFS to keep track of all changes made in the project.
- Provided documentation about database/data warehouse structures and Updated functional specification, technical design documents and Unit test cases.
- Created and deployed reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008R2 (SSRS).
- Created Parameterized, Ad hoc and drill down reports using Report Designer.
- Used various report items like tables, sub report and charts to develop the reports in SSRS 2008R2.
Environment: FACETS 5.01, MS SQL Server 2008/2008 R2,Informatica power center, Korn shell,Netezza, Bash Scripting OLAP, ROLAP, Visual Studio 2008/2010, Windows 2007, T-SQL, XML, SSRS, SSIS
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
Sr. SQL Server BI Developer
- Created and maintained database objects, complex Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, and Tables, Views and SQL joins and other statements for various applications.
- Performance tuning of the stored procedures, User defined functions and long running queries.
- Automated the ETL to import and export data form text/ Excel file, in different format, to SQL Server and vice versa using SSIS.
- Analyzed and designed business processes as per the business requirements with SSRS reports
- Generated reports using SSRS, Excel (Pivot) that could be used to send information to diverse group of users like VP, AVP, CD, Coach, Lead, SA, SR, Office Clerk.
- Extensively used Ultra-Edit to verify the text file provided by employer/agency and keep trace of files provided by employer/agency
- Transformed data from text file to SQL server using OLE Automation Objects
- Created various dynamic reports using SSRS and Crystal reports.
- Worked with AS/400, Rumba, Fast Teller, Fast Sales and company Intranet applications.
- Worked as a Data Modeler/Analyst to generate Data Models using Erwin and subsequent deployment to Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Administrated repositories for team of Data Modelers using Erwin.
- Migrated and recreated existing Dimensions and Cubes using Star schema on 2005 Server to achieve the efficiency of SQL Server Analysis (SSAS) and used the SSAS as source for generating parameterized reports in SSRS.
- Experience in Software QA and Testing Methodologies, verification and validations in all phases of the SDLC.
- Experienced in DW projects ETL testing against DW testing with Informatica, Ab Initio and data stage and also using SSIS package.
- Analyze, triage and troubleshoot alarms received by internal and external monitoring
- Used SAS/ACCESS and SAS/SQL to extract Data from different RDBMS like Oracle, SQL server and merging them efficiently.
- Wrote lots of Common SAS Macros and used them again and again within the team.
- Frequently used SAS Options like DROP, KEEP, RENAME, COMPRESS=, OBS= etc for efficient programming and storage space saving when needed.
- Ability to develop complicated SQL script for Data validation testing by running SQL script, procedures
- Used ROLAP tools to access the data in a relational database and generate SQL queries to calculate information at the appropriate level when an end user requests it.
- Created reports and Data access from MDX, OLAP and Cubes
- Created SSIS Packages to pull data from Online Database Server to Data-warehouse Server.
- Performed administration tasks of Database Mirroring, database backups and restore servers in SQL Server 2005.
- Creating the OLAP cubes using various dimensions and creating SQL Server Analysis Projects usingSSAS 2008. Adept in defining referenced relationships and calculated members in SSAS, creating OLAP structures from OLTP database.
- Excellent Knowledge in analyzing Data warehouse by building cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services ( SSAS).
- Analyzed and test data in the cube using SSAS.
- Designing and implementing dimensional data structure like star and snowflake schemas and virtual fact tables and constructing the dimensional hierarchies, calculated members and measures, actions and MDX using SSAS based on the OLAP reporting needs.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2005/2008,SAS/SQL, ƒ10.x,SCCM 2012, OLAP, ROLAP, Python,Python SDK, Spotfire professional 5.x/4.x,Visual Studio 2005/2008, Windows 2007, Windows XP, T-SQL, XML, Crystal Reports, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
SQL Server BI Developer
- Determined the MS SQL Server 2008 installation options. Installed SQL Server Management tools using SQL Server Setup Program. Test the Installation of SQL Server and implemented different security modes.
- Installed and maintained database applications to improve processing performance including applying upgrades, patches, and bug fixes in all database instances
- Analyzed and designed new business processes.
- Implemented a successful security plan by creating statement permissions, linked servers and encryption of connections by creating certificates.
- Assisted in generating business process flows, functional design documents and test plans.
- Supervise and contribute to a team responsible for researching and resolving eligibility determination system ACCESS Curam issues
- Developed ETL Packages in SSIS to transform data to MS SQL Server from Excel for further analysis.
- Configured Database Mail, created operators, jobs and alerts for automating databases.
- Designed ETL package, with ETL Import/Export wizard for transferring data using Informati
- Extracting Claims and Pharmacy data from various sources and Creating SQL scripts for various transformation rules
- Data migration (Import & Export - BCP) from text to SQL Server.
- Applied schema change scripts to existing objects to synchronize with changing business rules by adding or enhancing relevant entities/tables, columns etc.
- Implemented database consistency and security by creating groups, roles, users, and triggers on views
Environment: : T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2008, MS Access 2008 MS-BI 2008, Data Warehouse (OLAP, ROLAP, MOLAP), Reporting Services, Crystal Report 8.0, ETL (SSIS, Informatica)
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL BI DEVELOPER
- Created/Updated database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, function, packages,
- Created views to facilitate easy user interface implementation, and triggers on them to facilitate consistent data entry into the database.
- Developed tablix reports, chart reports, line reports, parameterized reports, sub reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2008.
- Designed reports using Pivot-tables, bar-charts, Line-charts and Pie-charts on data from cubes and SQL Server in Excel 2007.
- Involved in creating and visualizing dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
- Created Adhoc reports to users in Tableau by connecting various data source.
- Used excel sheet, flat files, CSV files to generated Tableau Adhoc reports.
- Integration of SSRS Reports using various web parts into SharePoint and various delivery mechanisms.
- Wrote complex SQL queries using joins, sub queries and correlated sub queries to retrieve data from the database.
- Automated financial data reporting thru FTP combining AS/400 and PC data.
- Deployed SSRS reports onto Microsoft Office SharePoint Server2007(MOSS).
- Good experience in Developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions and data source view and designing, creating, processing of cubes using SSAS.
- Experience in creating reports using SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), Crystal Reports, SSAS (SQL Server Analytical Services) objects and OLAP including Interfaces with BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio).
- Designed and developed packages for data warehouse using Integration Services (SSIS) SQL Server 2008/2008R2.
- Involved in providing ETL support for the production server.
- Migrated DTS packages from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Server 2008R2 as SSIS Packages.
- Involved in creating SSIS jobs to automate the reports generation and cube refresh packages.
- Querying and manipulating multidimensional cube data through MDX Scripting (SSAS).
- Enhanced the functionality of OLAP cube by creating actions and perspectives from huge dataset using SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services.
- Created SQL Server Profiler traces & used with Database Tuning Advisor (DTA) for optimum performance of T-SQL and MDX queries.
- Created logical and physical database design, data structures and maintained it by writing stored procedures, user defined functions, views, T-SQL script.
- Optimize the database by creating various clustered, non-clustered indexes and indexed views.
Environment: SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, BIDS, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, MOSS 2007, MDX, ETL, VB.Net, ASP.Net, C#, Oracle 9i, Performance Point Server 2007, Erwin 7.2.
Confidential, Richmond, VA
SQL BI Developer
- Involved in the Data modeling, physical and logical design of Database
- Created tables, indexes, sequences, constraints, triggers and procedures.
- Used DDL and DML commands for writing triggers, stored procedures, and data manipulation.
- Designed stored procedures and triggers for automating tasks.
- Defined check constraints, Business rules, Indexes, and Views.
- Developed SQL Queries to fetch complex data from different tables in remote databases using joins, database links and formatted the results into reports and kept logs.
- Tuned and Optimized SQL Queries using execution plan and profiler
- Helped in integration of the front end with the SQL Server backend.
- Created complex SAS programs utilizing legacy data houses on Mainframe environment. Involved detailed SAS macros to ensure accurate PII (Personal Identify Information) is delivered to the mail house for customer communication. Developed SAS macros for Data cleaning, Data mining and reporting (MS Excel, *.csv).
- Performed UAT testing.
- Prepared the Test Plan and Testing Strategies for Data Warehousing Application.
- Worked on issues with migration from development to testing
- Import & Export of data from one server to other servers using tools like Data Transformation Services (DTS/ETL)
- Created DTS/ETL package to schedule the jobs for batch processing.
- Used SQL Profiler and query analyzer to optimize DTS/ETL package queries and stored procedures
- Configured Server for sending automatic mails to the respective people when a DTS/ETL process failure or success.
- Performed development support, document reviews, test plan, integration of the system.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2000/2005, SSRS, SSIS, SharePoint Server 2007, OLAP, Erwin 7.0, DTS/ETL/SSIS, BIDS.